Monday, October 5, 2015

Halloween Carnival Theme Fun Decor & Favors! The Destiny of Things, Story 323

Halloween Carnival Theme Fun Decor & Favors: The Destiny of Things, Story 323

Usually these are used for carnival themed wedding and  birthdays......

Fortune Fish in amounts of 10 to 50, available here

Here is the note:

Flying fish for carnival in the children department of the library I work in. I loved them as a kid!

I just love it when someone loves these as much as I do!  What a great way to bring back childhood nostalgia while making new memories with kids of all ages!

She also ordered my DIY fortune teller package ephemera kit:

 20+ fun fortunes and good luck charms, available here
There's a slightly different set at each shop
photo via VintageToGoEasy

More news for these too!

Note from Buyer I plan to use these on a fortune teller board I'm designing for the library I work at. I'll be showcasing our tarot and occult books and these will be awesome decorations!  

How fun!  I hope she sends me an update with photos!  Perfect for Halloween too!

Fortune Fish in amounts of 10 to 50, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I loved these fortune fish as a kid too and my brother and I would play with them all day by checking our fortunes with them.  Our favorite was making fun of each other when someone got the motionless or dead one.  Not sure what that means exactly, but we thought it was funny at the time.

Later I used these in the classroom during my magic theme teaching because magic is a great way to introduce science and math, especially chemistry and logic.  My blog fortune fish posting for the secret of how these really work is here.

  20+ fun fortunes and good luck charms, available here
There's a slightly different set at each shop
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  I like her version of flying fish because they do kind of fly or can look like they are flying when they turn over really fast over and over.

2.  I'm happy to see more Etsy buyers are sending me photo updates on their projects!

3.  I am thankful that so much of my hoard have become popular items and Etsy buyers leave me stories because it makes letting go of my hoard so much easier.  Love all the inspiration and encouragement to keep on going!

4.  As a matter of fact, dehoarding has been going so well that I have almost cleared out a small closet sized space to start emptying out my truck!  Yes, I have a hoarded up truck!  It's a long bed with extra cab and it's stuffed.  I do leave it's bench seat empty, but sometimes it's not easy to keep it clear.

  20+ fun fortunes and good luck charms, available here
There's a slightly different set at each shop

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore  and VintageToGoEasy for your fun, inspiring and encouraging email.  It's so nice to get an email from someone just as excited as me when they get good stuff in the mail!
I hope you are having a great time designing your fortune board and planning your carnival theme for the children of your library!  Please send and update photo!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!
 
 Thinking way ahead for 20 surprises for Advent Calendars and Christmas crackers, available here.  photo via The Destiny of Things
 
I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 193 items, The Destiny of Things- 175 items, VintageToGoEasy - 193 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 179 items!    
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Forest of Advent Calendar trees: more directions, links and ideas here

Related Stories:

 
 
3.   Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here 
 
4.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here 
 
5.  Fortune Fish at a quilting bee where old memories made new ones! Read it here!
 
6.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 
 
Thanks again for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment