Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Green Anchor Hocking Ball Vase: The Destiny of Things, Story 343

Green Anchor Hocking Ball Vase:  The Destiny of Things, Story 343

So happy this found a new life and home!

Green ball vase, sold out, but my vintage vase and planter collection, available here

I received a little tidbit of news that vase is going to be in a vintage themed wedding!  So cool and fun!  I wonder what kind of flowers are going to be inside it for their special day.....And of course, I'd love to see it!

Green ball vase, sold out, but my vintage vase and planter collection, available here

I used to be a vase hound!  As a matter of fact, I was collecting these Anchor Hocking ball vases in all their different colors!  I use to have them in red, hunter green, and clear.  I used to try and collect a lot of different vases and planters in all their different colors when I used to thrift shop on a regular basis.

I love to arrange flowers and used to buy myself an armful of flowers at the farmer's market to arrange every weekend and use many of my vases.  Also, loved to grow flowers too and add them to my weekend arrangements.  

Now that I'm allergic to so many things, I only buy flowers on special occasions and am looking for scentless flowers to grow.  Right now, I have camellias in bloom, nasturtiums and I'd like to start growing cosmos.

Green ball vase, sold out, but my vintage vase and planter collection, available here

Saying Goodbye:  Much of my vase collection has found new lives and homes, but I do miss them occasionally.  I did save several of my favorite vases and still use them, however I seem to favor using my old bottle collection and seem to use them as vases instead.

I also use my favorite recycled bottles as vases!  Here is an example:

These have one of my favorite flowers, called Casa Blancas, however they can smell quite strong, especially at night.  These bottle vases have sold out too, but if you really want a unique square bottled tall vase, email me know and I'll list mine.

What I Learned:

1.  I do miss flower arranging every weekend and brightening up different parts of any room with a little flower arrangement.

2.  I do have enough collections of vases, old bottles, recycled bottles and even lab glass for flower arranging, so I most likely should continue to let go of my vases and other bottles, etc.

3.  Decisions, decisions!  As a recovering hoarder, deciding what to keep and what to let go is daunting, confusing and stressful, especially if I let go of something I think I will regret later.  

Seller's remorse is a terrible thing to anticipate, but so far there really hasn't been anything I regret letting go.  Wow!  that is such a good thing to remind myself over and over again.  So far, no regrets!

Here is another Anchor Hocking planter vase that I had in several different colors,
available here in clear or in yellow, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things.  Your little tidbit of information really sparked some insight for me today!  Right now I can not think of one item of my hoard that I regret letting go of!  I can't believe it!  That is very encouraging and motivating!  That should really help my decision making of what to let go in the future!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 

I also use planter vases as pencil holders and use them as incense burners too!
Available here in clear or in yellow, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I've reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  Well, almost each shop!  Yippee!
 
I'll be adding new listings when each shop sells an item and it looks like there's some already!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 198 items, The Destiny of Things- 195 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 200 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 These are large vases and look beautiful with a spring or summer flower arrangement in them.  I also use them as candle holders for tea lights for bath spa therapy and they also make fun bookends with a bag of sand inside them!
Vintage milk glass vases, available lass vases, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:

1.  My first story of someone using one of my items in their wedding:  The Destiny of Things: Wedding Jars Story III
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"May you always have old memories and young hopes!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment