Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Nail Art Gems on Artist's Cat Sculpture on Etsy: The Destiny of Things, Story 341

Nail Art Gems on Artist's Cat Sculpture on Etsy:  The Destiny of Things, Story 341

This story almost got away!  Before and after photos!

600+ nail art crystal gems, SOLD OUT!
 500 mini crystal nail art gems like the ones above, available here

This story is from April 15, 2015!  The nail art gems above are the before photos from my shop that went to another Etsy shop who used them on her art.  Last week I was promoting other shops and I saw the finished product in my activity feed!

And my memory was jogged!

Here is the email:

Hey Kennedy,

I received my fun little parcel today and loved it — so fun to look at the little bits and bobs! The rhinestones will be epoxied onto an art cat I've been working on (the base is brass).

Thanks for the kind words about my shop/art. I have met the coolest people on ETSY :)

I'll send a photo when the cat's done (Jumpin' Cat Flash — haha!) Won't be finished for awhile, but I won't forget!

Stay well, thanks again~ 

600+ nail art crystal gems, SOLD OUT!
500 mini crystal nail art gems like the ones above, available here

Here is what I wrote back:

Hi!

Thank you so much for the email and making my morning! So nice to find happy feedback and then an email with a story! I hope i can use your story on my Hoarder Rehab blog. I'll leave you anonymous if you'd like or link it to your shop. Then I'll wait patiently to see "Jumpin Cat Flash!" So happy those lil rhinestones will be on an art cat!

I love that your shop has handmade art by you and vintage stuff too! So yummy!

If I don't hear from you, no worries, I'll just leave you anonymous for my blog.

Thanks for taking the time and making my day!

Kindest regards,
Kennedy at JunkDrawerandMore

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com

600+ nail art crystal gems, SOLD OUT!
500 mini crystal nail art gems like the ones above, available here

and then she wrote:

Hi Kennedy,

Aww, you're so cute :) I like to get happy feedback too; knock on wood it's been good since I opened a year and a half ago… Such nice people on ETSY — it's so fun isn't it?

I will definitely send a photo of the kitty when it's completed… I would like to have it done and then sold (hopefully!) I have two brass cats but will only 'bling' up one; it's been waayyy more work than I planned.

You take good care of yourself and have a fab day! Happy selling to you!

Talk to you later, Kennedy~
All the best

So I guess I was waiting for an update!  I don't do that anymore and now I know why!

Drum Roll, please...... because this cat is amazing!

Crazy beautiful and it's sold too!
photo via Etsy shop artist

I know I probably showed too many photo of the nail art gems, but it's because I was trying to create suspense to surprise you with this wonderful piece of art work!  I think the 600 gems only covered the feet, if I remember correctly.

Can you imagine?  There has got to be at least a million bits and bobs, including seed beads!  All of them epoxied on to this brass cat!  What beauty!

Look at all the wonderful and fun! And this is just it's head!
Funny too with Tweety on it's chin!  Probably why the cat has that look on it's face!
Close, yet so far away!
photo via Etsy shop artist

Saying Goodbye:  So inspiring!  Looks what an artist did with bits and bobs!  I am  in such awe!  No worries saying goodbye when the "hello" is so loud and clear!  This is the inspiration to remind me to do my art too! 

This cat sculpture's designs and patterns could be looked at for hours!
photo via Etsy shop artist

What I Learned:

1.   I am so thankful that even though this story almost got away, it didn't and managed to resurface at a good time for me because now enough hoard has found new lives and homes and I can start doing art again because I have more room.  Also some things are more organized.

2.  What's holding me up from doing art?  I really have so many options of what I'd like to do, it's overwhelming.  I'll be fine, once I get started again.

3.  I'm still doing well with Lent and not eating sugar or buying things.  This week I hit a bumpy road of family stress, but so far I'm holding steady and haven't even done any window shopping.

4.  I've been participating on some Etsy teams and I am still listing til I reach my goal and all is well with both.

5.  Here is what the cat sculpture looked like before it got embellished.

 I am so awed by this artist's masterpiece!  I wonder how long it took the artist to embellish it and was it planned?

Thank you Etsy shop artist for the emails.  Your art work has been a real eye opener for more and I'm going to dig into some of mine!  Just like my doodle journal!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!

 Speaking about cats!  Did I mention that 5 feral kittens adopted us?
We spend each weekend trying to catch one and take them to be checked up.
We have one more wild kitten to catch, but now we have a cat sanctuary with more cats!  The Mom cat, Dad cat and some other stray feral cats!
Instant download available here

I've reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  Well, almost each shop!  Yippee!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 195 items, VintageToGoEasy - 203 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 203 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

 Cat earrings with 6 little kittens! Available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:



3.  Almost went to an opera's costume maker:  Not My Childhood Kanzashi!  The Destiny of Things, Story 154 






9.  Eye Bombing with Googly Eyes: turning city eye sores into street art, here 


11.  My Doodle Journal inspiration:   Journal Artist Mechanical Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 336

 How would you use these art gems, I use mine on my loteria art cards!
500 mini crystal nail art gems as seen in the photo, available here

Where did you get your inspiration today?

No comments:

Post a Comment