Friday, February 5, 2016

Journal Artist Mechanical Date Stamper: The Destiny of Things, Story 336

Journal Artist Mechanical Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 336

Every time one of these gets ordered, I wonder how it's going to be used.....

Mechanical date stamper 2016 - 2025, available here

Curious me, I always ask too!  in my packaging thank you note, I ask if it's going to be used for art or save the date or teacher or office  paper work.  Yes, my mind goes through so many scenarios!

Yesterday, I got an email answering my questions with photos!  Here it is:

How sweet of you to include a little package in the date stamp I bought! And as I was getting it from the mailbox, I recalled I didn't buy a stamp pad - many thanks for the free one!

While the date stamper will probably be used in some sort of save the date (I'm getting married in 2017!) my initial want for one is for my new year's resolution - to cut back on my own clutter, I have started a "doodle journal" for tickets and mementos and small details of the day I would otherwise forget. I attached a few pages.

I will certainly use all of the little goodies you sent me! Thanks so much again. Checked out your blog and I'll send you a few photos when I finish a few pages with the date stamper included. :)

 Wow, the photos needs to be updated!  This is my date stamper before I used it.
Mechanical date stamper 2016 - 2025, available here

My curiosity is now satisfied and what an inspiring email!  The date stamper will be getting used in all kinds of ways.  It even has a date all the way to 2017!  And the right now it's being used for a DOODLE JOURNAL!!!! How exciting!  What a great idea!

I'm always writing down quotes I like, saving slips of paper that look cool to me, like receipts, business cards, parking stubs, etc. and even stuff that rolls by my feet on a windy walk.  Instead of letting all these things pile up I should start a Doodle Journal too!  Great way to cut back on my paper clutter!

I really would love to remember small details of my daily life too.  I just need a spiral notebook now......

Even more inspiring, she sent me photos of some of her journal doodles!

Techless me can't figure out how to turn this correctly, but I'm not going to let it stop me from posting today!
photo via Kind Etsy buyer

I am so happy to know that I am not the only one that saves any kind of ticket stub.  Adult ages 18-64, one of the most interesting tickets stubs I've seen!

I'm sorry all her photos came upside down and I've spent some time trying to turn them right side up, but I can't without some help.  Usually I'd postpone my blog post, but that's how too many of my postings get put to the side.  My apologies, I'm just going to have to fix it over the weekend, after I get some help because I'm so excited about starting my own Doodle Journal!

Here's more inspiration!

What a beauty!
photo via Doodle Journal artist Etsy buyer

Okay, now I'm wondering how much time she spends on each page a day because that would probably take me a week to try and do, but I'm not going to let that stop me either.  I'll just set a timer for my daily doodle page.

Not only are the colors and art tools inspiring, but the words really hit home to me!  Art bringing new opportunities, friends and especially "stress relief!"  I sure can use an alternative stress release from hoarding and dehoarding!

Prescott Dells looks like it has amazing scenery.
Another inspiration a beautiful hike.
Thank you so much for sharing!

I need to get going on my New Year's Resolutions too!  Thank you so much for sharing, it's just the push I need today!

Mechanical date stamper 2016 - 2025, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I used to use this date stamper in my classroom and it was a teaching life saver!  My students were always forgetting their name and date on their heading and I would pass the date stamper around, so all could use it.  When it ran out of the correct date after 10 years I went to go buy a new one and I could not find an affordable one.

So when I found them again, I bought way too many.  As a teacher, I had one at my desk, one at home to grade papers, one for my student helpers and one to pass around during class time.  There are lots of teachers in my family, so they were stocking stuffers one year.  Eight more years before I can give them again!

Now I use mine on my Etsy packaging thank you notes.

 Another great detail about these simple date stampers is that they have a flattened so I don't stamp the date upside down!
Mechanical date stamper 2016 - 2025, available here


What I Learned:

1.  Sometimes a stranger can bring great meaning to my life.  A Doodle Journal sounds like a fun way for me to organize my daily paper hoard and keep track of the small details I'm thankful for each day.

2.  I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her journal for more inspiration and also to see how she incorporates the date stamper!

3.  My day is already busy, so I'll need to cut down on something to have time for a Doodle Journal and to find a spiral notebook.....

 Time sure flies!  Already over 2 years has gone by....
I have quite the collection of rubber stamps!
Mechanical date stamper 2016 - 2025, available here

Thank you Doodle Journal Artist Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for such an inspiring informative and fun email!  I'm going to use your idea to cut down on my own paper clutter too!  I can't thank you enough!  especially for the photos.  Your art work is beautiful, encouraging and motivating!

Again, thank you so much for your help!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  I've met so many nice people on Etsy!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!

 It's very difficult for me to let go of my stamping collection because I think I'm gong to need them one day.
Mini alphabet stamps, available here

I've almost reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  My health has been much better lately, so I've had more time to list.   

JUST 11 more items to list before I reach my goal!  Yippee! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 190 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 202 items!  
   
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
Make your own stampers, which I'd love to do, but I barely have time to use the ones I already have, so I'm letting go this book.  It's in Japanese, but the step by step photos are for beginners, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:

 Front of Butterfly Meadows, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
"Be curious, not judgmental." ---Walt Whitman

Back of Butterfly Meadows, available here
   photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

View my House of Cards - Frank Underwood, Harmony quote double sided reversible washi tape collage art here, here and here!  It's a series of three so far!
  
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment