Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Mini Ballerina Tulle Tutu Doll Jewelry Music Box Replacement: The Destiny of Things, Story 335

Mini Ballerina Tulle Tutu Doll Jewelry Music Box Replacement:  The Destiny of Things, Story 335

I bought these because they each have a cute mini tulle tutu!

Vintage 80s mini ballerina doll with tutu for jewelry box replacement, available here

These are one of my latest finds for my mixed media assemblage art.  At the time, I just had to have one because they remind me of my childhood when I had a Swiss Reuge Ballerina Music Box.  I played with it so much the dome came off and it was even more fun to spin her as fast as I could.

While I was waiting for them to arrive I saw one exactly like it in a jewelry box from the 80s.  When they did arrive I was a little disappointed that all their tutus were up and wouldn't stay down unless I press them down for awhile under a book, but on closer inspection, I was delighted that someone had taken the time to hand sew each tutu on to each little ballerina doll.

Also it appears, each one is also hand painted gold outfits, crowns and ballet slippers with tiny black dotted eyes and a red mouth.

They do not stand on their own, but each has a hole on the bottom to fit a toothpick to they can stand on a jewelry or music box or cupcake.

 Vintage 80s mini ballerina doll with tutu for jewelry box replacement, available here

I decided to list some as ballerina doll replacements and they are selling more quickly than I thought.

I just got a little note today from an Etsy buyer who can't wait to give it to her daughter to replace the one that broke on her childhood jewelry box!  I just love it when I can't wait to give a gift because I know it's so special it's going to bring back such good memories as well as make new ones!

 Vintage 80s mini ballerina doll with tutu for jewelry box replacement, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I've kept my own stash of these for my mixed media assemblage art and as you can see I tried one out on a toothpick and a red wooden bead to see how they'd stand. 

 Vintage 80s mini ballerina doll with tutu for jewelry box replacement, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I like to buy a lot of Rosebud stuff from my childhood!  And I'm starting to wonder how it's all going to come together when I start my art projects.  I think this is a good sign because I no longer have to focus on finding new homes for my hoard as much because most of it's gone!  Well, maybe not most of it, but enough to make room for other things I'd love to do besides retail therapy!

3.  Yes! So, I am happy to say that enough hoard has found new lives and homes, so that I can start other projects again!  I've already started preparing for an easy flower and vegetable garden.  I'm still thinking about exercising on a regular basis, but I have started on a random basis and although I'm still working on emptying a spot in the house to empty my long bed truck from hoard, it's going to happen soon!

2.  Lastly I do love boxes!  And I've been buying all kinds of different boxes for my mixed media art.  I have a difficult time with size proportions and buy many things that are the wrong size, even when I'm constantly using a ruler to measure items.  I really need to see it in person and although I love online shopping, often buy the wrong size, even when I use a ruler. 

Below is one of my more successful box buying ideas.

 Box includes mini wooden house with tree, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for the little note letting me know how excited you are to give the little ballerina replacement to your daughter.  I am too!  I hope she loves i
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And these St Martin de Tours are one of most popular religious medals!  Thanks again!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 Other boxes I've been making, available here

I've almost reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  My health has been much better lately, so I've had more time to list. 
 
JUST 16 more items to list before I reach my goal!  Yippee!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 196 items, The Destiny of Things- 185 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 201 items!    

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Here's a photo of my childhood Swiss Reuge Music Box, available here 
I am so relieved that I do not have to have this to replace the one I gave away.  I do wish I would have kept mine, but not enough to have one again!  That's work in progress.  If I had seen this a year ago, I'd have bought it!
 
Related Stories:  Lots of replacement stories!  I am not alone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What would you like to replace today?  I would like to replace my hoard with open space and an uncluttered mind!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi from England. I have just ordered a mini ballerina with tuille tutu. My story is that my mother bought me a music box when I was 10. The ballerina was broken many years ago. This music box has wonderful memories for me and now my mother is elderly and recently in a nursing home I especially want to cherish it. May be silly to some, but I would like to thank you Hoarder Rehab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! Thank you for your story! I love it and do not think it's silly at all. I hope you make many more cherished memories with your mother and wish you both well.

    ReplyDelete