Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lunar New Year Retirement Cardigan Sweater: The Destiny of Things, Story 338

Lunar New Year Retirement Cardigan Sweater:  The Destiny of Things, Story 338

This went to an Etsy buyer who retired the year of the monkey!  Yippee!

Sweater sold out, but more hi cat fashion, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I received this story because the shipping address was to her work, but since she had just retired, she needed it sent to her home.  So I wonder if her work colleagues got this for her.... Cool gift and just in time for the Lunar New Year! 

Don't you think?

Sweater sold out, but more hi cat fashion, available here
or here at Hoarder Rehab
photo via VintageToGoEasy

It has traditional frog closures and bell sleeves!  I just loved this sweater, it was so nice and soft, super comfy, but never wore it because the sleeves didn't suit me in the classroom, they always seemed to get in the way! 

Sweater sold out, but more hi cat fashion, available here
or here at The Destiny of Things
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I used to be a total hoarder clothes hound!  Now that I'm retired too, I just wear sweats or jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts from autumn to winter and shorts and dresses in the spring and summer.  That's it.

I love vintage clothing and have tons of it!  but I don't like shopping for it!  I used to shop at thrift stores twice a year, in the summer for winter clothing and again the summer for winter clothing and that's it!  Back when I used to thrift shop all the time, clothing as so inexpensive as compared to today.  I even knew a place that sold clothes for 10 cents a pound!

Sweater sold out, but more hi cat fashion, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  For some reason, listing my clothing and selling it on Etsy has not been as easy as all the other hoard because not only does it seem to take longer to sell, but it takes more time to list!  I guess for the same reason I do not really enjoy clothes shopping is because of all the having to try it on!  Plus to list it, it takes extra time to attach a cat head too!

Maybe clothes takes longer to sell online because one can't try it on. I see lots of shoes online that I'd love to buy and size 5 is so hard to find, but I've returned so many shoes that were supposed to be size 5 and were way to big, so I do not do that anymore.

2.  Since most of my clothes have sold now, it looks like it's time to list more because my hi cat fashion sections look barren.  It just seems like it might not be worth it.  I guess I'll try one more time.

My most favorite coat of all, but I haven't worn it, since I retired. I used to wear it all the time and would get a lot compliments, especially the crosses on the sleeves.  It's very warm and roomy for layering.  Also eco dry cleaned and ready to wear!  Available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for the email letting me know this was a retirement gift!  Happy Retirement!  What a great year to retire since the year of the monkey is a great year to shake things up!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated! 
 
 Here is a Banana Republic cardigan sweater I just love because of the large buttons.  I hardly wore this either, even though I thought I would wear it a lot layered.  I did wear occasionally for St Patrick's day.
Available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Every day I'm becoming closer to my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  My health has been much better lately, so I've had more time to list. 
 
JUST 8 more items to list before I reach my goal!  Yippee!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 192 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 202 items!    

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Of course, when I retired I wasn't a recovering hoarder and bought tons of stuff in celebration of my freedom!  This Tiffany bracelet combo is one of them.  I thought it would be so versatile to wear in solo, duo or triple, with or without the lock and even to wear the lock as a pendant since it does lock and unlock.
Available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things
 
Semi-Related Stories:
 
 
 People are still ordering these for Lunar New Year because I found out that that it's celebrated all the way to February 23!
50 or 100 monkey drink or cake toppers, available here
Smaller amounts in 20, 25 or 30, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
"May you always have old memories and young hopes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment