Monday, February 22, 2016

Sushi Bento Grass & Miniature Diorama Landscaping: The Destiny of Things, Story 342

Sushi Bento Grass & Miniature Diorama Landscaping:  The Destiny of Things, Story 342

So many creative Etsy buyers!  I get so many ideas from them!  Thank you!

10+ Sushi bento grass sushi divider, available here

I received a note letting me know this:

Thank you for my order tonight, I am using the sushi grass to place around wood castle, church, houses landscaping and this will be for my 4, 3,& two 2 year old grandsons project that I am doing for next holiday gifts ! Thank you !  

So fun and interesting!  I'd love to see the end results and I'm sure some grandsons are going to be very happy with them too!

I've used mine for Easter baskets, care packages for a pop of color, cards, and even Etsy packaging!  Unfortunately, I forget to take photos or make them last minute and off they go and I don't even think of taking photos, but here are some quick examples I made for examples.

10+ Sushi bento grass sushi divider, available here
10+ shipping tags as seen in above photo, available here 
I love all the kawaii cute sticky notes because it's easy for kids to move around before gluing and for me too!

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own destash of these and use them often as bento dividers and mixed media art and sometimes even put them in my "thank you" packaging for Etsy buyers who l know like paper ephemera, especially if I think they'll like something unique.

What I Learned:

1.   It's good to know I'm not the only one who uses sushi grass, called "haran" or "baran" in Japanese, for other things besides bento or sushi dividers!

2.  Over 15 years ago, I made Easter cards with the sushi grass when they were so difficult to find I had to actually reuse and save them from restaurants or bentos from Mistuyas!  I know I saved one some where, but it's still lost in my hoard.

3.  I love the pop of color they add as a prop in photos for the Etsy items we list.  Here is an example:

Native American shadow box turquoise bracelet, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore .  So nice to know I am not alone and someone else has thought of another different way to use them.  I would love to see your miniature landscape and holiday surprise for your grandsons!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 I wish I had taken a photo of the mini Easter baskets I made one year using sushi grass, instead of the traditional Easter grass, but here is an example of how I use them for Etsy shop packaging.  Teach gift apple stampers, available here
Cute wooden animal stampers, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I've almost reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  Well, almost each shop!  Yippee!
 
One more item to list for 800! and 5 more to list on The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 199 items, The Destiny of Things- 195 items, VintageToGoEasy - 203 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 202 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Some little ones I know love to make scenes on doilies for garlands with sushi grass! 6" heart doilies for garlands and other crafts, available here
12" red heart doilies for garlands and other crafts, available here
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
 
 
Sushi grass as a prop for background landscape and pop of color.
10+ Sushi bento grass sushi divider, available here
 
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change.  The courage to change the things I can.  And the wisdom to know the difference."---Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

No comments:

Post a Comment