Friday, February 12, 2016

How Spider Saved Valentine's Day Plush Toy: The Destiny of Things, Story 339

How Spider Saved Valentine's Day Plush Toy:  The Destiny of Things, Story 339

My last plush toy collection from my teaching days found a new home!

My last classroom plush toy found a new home!
More in my yesteryear's toy box, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

An Etsy buyer was so happy to find this little guy, first she wrote, "I grew up with Spider and never knew there was a plush version! What a gem."

I wrote back:

Hi there!

I am so happy you grew up with Spider too! Many years of students grew up with him also! He was a teacher prop years ago, but he stayed like new because I kept him in a box with a view window, when I passed him around! This is one of my last story book plushies or as a recovering hoarder teacher finding who knows what in my hoard, so I hope!

Have a great day and thanks for your order! He will ship out this Friday, January 22, 2016 with the Valentine's book.

Happy 2016!
Kennedy
 
 This is a better view of him with his cutest baseball cap!
More in my yesteryear's toy box, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

When she got him, she let me know with a few words that she loves him and a photo that Spider Plush Toy is among his book friends now! Saying, "He's looking pretty happy!" 

Other fun stuff from my childhood miniatures to classroom educational toys in my yesteryear's toy box, available here
photo via Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab

He's not the only one who's happy!  She's happy, he's happy and I'm happy!  I really think this might be my last plush toy from my teaching days!  However, I'm still sifting through boxes and am down to the last two bottom rows that align to walls.

I actually think Spider is from "How Spider Saved the Baseball Game" because of his cap, but the only book I could find left in my hoard was "How Spider Saved Valentine's Day."  Of course I had all of them!  He had one for almost all the holidays!

Spider has a kind heart and makes sure all his classmates are included on Valentine's day.  His friends Fly and Ladybug help him too and even his teacher Miss Quito helps out too!  He's silly, inventive and so fun that despite predictable ending all my students still loved each book.

I used to read this before Valentine's day in preparation of our Valentine's Day party because no one want to get their feelings hurt by being left out.  Great to make sure everyone brings enough refreshments and cards for the entire class.  Also, it's a good way to let students know that friends and teachers are always there to help out too!

More fun stuff in my yesteryear's toy box, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I am so happy when my last collection of something finds it's proper home and this one certainly has!  Spider has been in my collection for many years and did take some time to find a home, but I think it's a good thing because it took me a long time to be able to let my classroom props go.

 Freddie the Frog was one of my first teacher's prop to find a home and get a story and I lamented over him for a couple of days!   His mouth opens and his tongue flicks out and he squeaks!  He was one of the best teacher props I ever had and I used him daily!  You can see more photos and read the story here.

What I Learned:

1.  Immersion Therapy seems to be working for me as a hoarder.  It's taken me over a year to let go of particular things without high anxiety and without the strong need to buy something else to replace it.  It took me two years to let things  go peacefully and it's taken me three years not rely on retail therapy in times of high stress.

2.  I must say that now that my insomnia is under control and I'm sleeping on a regular basis my hoarding fears and stress are much more manageable, among other things, like not having to write everything down to remember get it done, having more time in the day without feeling tired, keeping a doodle journal and feeling like and having the energy to try new and different things.  

I've had insomnia since childhood and have tried almost everything (at least over 50!)  to get some sleep and finally I've found that waking up at 3 am daily worked for me.  I slept non stop for around 3 months.  I didn't have time to blog, I could only manage to maintain the shops going.

Now I'm back to waking up at 3 am or 5 am and I fall in a very deep sleep now and am starting to wake up refreshed.  I used to need 3 cups of coffee to wake up, now I'm down to a half or 1 cup.

3.  I didn't get around to making Valentine's cards this year, but we are still celebrating with a romantic dinner!

4.  We gave up sugar for Lent and I'm also giving up buying anything!  I don't know if i can do it, but I'm going to try my best!

 Last year's Valentine's inspired by the show, Hannibal and religious folk art.
Titled:  Cross My Heart
Available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for the short email and fun photo!  I am so happy he's with a Robert Kraus' Spider fan and is right where he belongs!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated! 
 
 Another teacher prop educational toy, I used in the classroom for the frog cycle.  There are only a few of these vintage cuties, available here.

I've almost reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  My health has been much better lately, so I've had more time to list. 
 
JUST 3 more items to list before I reach my goal!  Yippee!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 192 items, VintageToGoEasy - 202 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 203 items!    

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 More fun in my yesteryear's toy box at VintageToGoEasy, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:  Many from my teaching days....

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh my what an eye opener!   And to think a couple of months ago, I was lamenting over my 2 car garage full of my teacher stuff that I sent to Goodwill when I retired!  Never again!  Onwards and upwards!
 
Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment