Friday, June 12, 2015

500 Replacement Fortune Teller Cards for Madame X Penny Napkin Dispenser Machine: The Destiny of Things, Story 298

500 Replacement Fortune Teller Cards for Madame X Penny Napkin Dispenser Machine:  The Destiny of Things, Story 298

Who knew so many people needed these?

500 replacement fortune teller cards for Madame X or Swami machines, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I didn't think these would be so popular for Madame X or Swami Fortune Teller Penny Napkin Dispenser machines, as they would as party decor for Twilight Zone and fortune teller parties and weddings, but already 2000 or 3000 have sold to people with penny Madame X or Swami vending machines!

I'd love to have one myself and had been looking for one since my brother took me to a diner in Orange Circle where I fell in love and put as many pennies as I had in the one at our booth.

I had never seen one and my brother couldn't believe it and later during Christmas, we had to watch the Twilight Zone marathon, just so he could introduce me to Nick of Time with William Shatner to watch the episode where the Swami fortunes come true!  I swear he remembers all those episodes by heart and MASH too!

 500 replacement fortune cards, available here

We were thrifting that day, which back then Orange Circle had more antique shops and less than a handful of thrift shops but we'd go window shopping anyway.  During our high school days, when we thrifted it was an all day excursion.  

It started with breakfast and our thrift shop route went from Huntington Beach to lunch in Orange or Long Beach and dinner in Pasadena with our thirft shop routes all plotted and planned out using a phone book and map!

And ever since, I've searched high and low on our long and extensive thrift store route and have never found a working one, either Swami or Madame X.  However, later during our college days our thirfting route expanded to Redondo Beach, Gardena, Torrance, Compton, all over greater Los Angeles and all the way down to Laguna Beach!

Through the years, we also tried all the eating places along the way, but never did find another diner with working Penny fortune teller napkin dispensers!

  500 replacement fortune cards, available here
The diner had the ones just like this with all chrome, but not as shiny new.

Here are the comments I've received about the 500 replacement fortune teller slips for Madame X and Swami machines:

"Excellent product, delivered on time exactly as described. These paper slips work perfectly in my vintage Madam X napkin/fortune vending machine. More than half a century is a long time for paper products to survive, but here they are. My thanks to Etsy and the seller."

"These are great for the vending machine."

"Cool Thanks ! !"

So lucky to own and play with one of these machine dispensers at every meal!  So fun and nice to receive these comments and writing about it brought back many happy memories thrifting and eating with my brother!

Ask Swami machine with a fortune being answered!
500 replacement fortune cards, available here

Saying Goodbye:  These fortune teller slips are part of my "thank you" package when an item gets ordered.  My "thank you" package theme is fortune teller related because without my hoarding and crystal ball, I am moving into a life unknown to me.

 Example of my "thank you" fortune teller themed package 
that comes with any purchase, except miswak or order one here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  Hoarding and thrifting took up a lot of my free time and now dehoarding is taking up a lot of my time and now that at least half my hoard is gone I have some open space in my life and mind to start dreaming and planning on doing other things that interest me.

2.  Hoarding is like having a full time job and so is dehoaring!  And it appears that I might be able to turn dehoarding into a decent part time job eventually and if I want to.

3.  It's very difficult to STOP hoarding and I don't know if it's just because it's a bad habit to overcome or it's because it's such a good easy comforting familiar way for me to destress or because I have little impulse control with FOMO (fear of missing out, especially with a good deal) or I get a little crazy when my allergies act up or I like blaming it on my allergies or all the above!

4.  I have basically stopped my experiment, which I named, "hoarding without hoarding" or "catch and release hoarding" because even though I made progress and room from over 2 years of dehoarding on Etsy, I started to fill it back up again!  I think I stopped in the nick of time!



Thank you Etsy buyers from Hoarder Rehab  for sending me your stories that give me so much insight into how to stop my hoarding ways!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab venue ever!  Endless thank yous! I am very grateful that my items are bringing back old memories and making new ones for many others.

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
  Here is the Mystic Seer in color

My continued dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 200 items at each shop!  I am not looking forward to Etsy deleting the option to list the old way for the new way beginning this July, so I'm listing as much as possible before I have to relearn how to list again!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 198 items, The Destiny of Things- 203 items, VintageToGoEasy - 206 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 207 items!  

Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Looks like I need to list some new items tomorrow!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 


A pair of newlyweds stopping in a small town are trapped by their own superstition when playing a fortune telling machine in a local diner. 
Watch the promotional for the episode on youtube, here

 and the full episode, Nick of Time on imbd, here
photo via google

Related Stories:  Many fond memories....

1.  My first story about these fortune teller cards:  Ask Swami Fortune Teller Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #115 





 Lastly, there are 52 different fortune cards and they come in a set, 
like a deck of cards, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone"---Opening narration of Seasons 4&5

No comments:

Post a Comment