Friday, June 19, 2015

Laura Ingalls Little House on the Praire Gold Bar Pin: The Destiny of Things, Story 300

Laura Ingalls Little House on the Praire Gold Bar Pin:  The Destiny of Things, Story 300

Sometimes a heart felt interesting story finally arrives!

More antique and vintage jewelry, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Some time ago, an Etsy buyer asked if she could use this photo on her blog and of course, I said, "Yes!" and this is what she said about this brooch she purchased that I called, "Coming Home"

"Here is the amazing gold bar pin I purchased last December for my Laura Ingalls: Christmas Memories presentation. It's amazing how close it fits the description of the gift Laura received from Almanzo the Christmas before they were married."

So cool!  Such a special Christmas gift to Laura from Almanzo!  All kinds of curious thoughts run through my head! I wonder how the description reads and wonder if the original still exists. 

I am so happy this is being used every Christmas season now!  And it's in good hands with someone who has historic clothes to go with it to use in reenactments!   What a fun educational way to entertain!

See her blog here, she has been portraying Historic women since 2008, usually Laura Ingalls and Mrs. Lincoln.

More antique and vintage jewelry, here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Saying Goodbye:  I still love jewelry, unfortunately I'm still allergic to it.  I used to feel conflicted about letting my jewelry go, but now I'm so used to not wearing jewelry that even when I try it on just for photo listing, it feels weird, like something heavy that I don't need, even though I still love the way it looks.

Can you imagine a world without jewelry?  That's my world now.

What I Learned:

1.  I still have a ton of jewelry!  I've probably only listed and sold half of what I've accumulated in my lifetime.  Many of them Christmas and birthday gifts since childhood.  

2.  Even though I'm allergic to jewelry, I still collect beads and other findings to make jewelry!  That's probably a fine line I need to start rethinking as a recovering hoarder and jewelry artist!

3.  I do admit that I prefer the process of designing and improving on things, like jewelry and my own clothes, rather than actually producing a final product.  So I guess I should either start an idea book or set some time aside to put some of my ideas to use and see what happens.
 
4.  I feel as though I am at cross roads with my dehoarding and even though I've improved my hoarding ways, I haven't found a reliable replacement for not hoarding in times of prolonged high stress situations.

At least retail therapy isn't a quick band aid anymore, but still haven't found anything nearly as instant for deep wounds.Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending me an email!  I love the idea that my collar bar brooch is perhaps "out there" teaching history in live performances!
 
5.  What memories of Little House on the Prairie!  My best friend and I would meet every afternoon to watch it on TV.  Wow, was it on everyday?  We'd each have our own bowl with a pint of Dreyer's vanilla ice cream with a half cup of Grape nuts on top!

Here is another piece I think would be great for a re-enactment.
Early 1900s Justin clutch purse with secret locking mechanism, available here
My Aunt told me this was from a relative who was a DAR
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending me an email and a link to your facebook page!  The Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas brooch looks beautfiul in your photo!
 
I love the idea that my collar bar brooch is "out there" teaching history in live performances with you!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  Who knows what what my hoard would look like now, if I hadn't started dehoarding!
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
1920's fob clip watch accessory, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

My continued dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 200 items at each shop!  I am not looking forward to Etsy deleting the option to list the old way for the new beginning this July or August, so I'm motivated to list as much as possible before I have to relearn how to list again!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 199 items, VintageToGoEasy - 207 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 202 items!  

Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Looks like I need to list some new items tomorrow!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment