Friday, March 11, 2016

Cat Toy Gumball Capsule Rattle: The Destiny of Things, Story 345

Cat Toy Gumball Capsule Rattle:  The Destiny of Things, Story 345

So many creative ideas using gumball capsules!  Here is the latest!  Before:

5 or 10 gumball vending machine capsules, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here are the notes I received with photos!

They're not going to be fancy toys, just some beads in these capsules in some rabbit fur. Kitten loves rattle mouses! And I already have the rabbit fur (collected them when I was young at one of those gold mining educational towns' "trading posts" in CA) so why spend $6 per mouse when I can just make them? :)
 

I got my capsules the other day but it took me til today to make Fur Rattle Mouse. Kitten LOVES it! And I love all the fun little extra things you added! Thank you so much, will def be shopping with you again.

AFTER: 

How cool is that!  Photos give easy step by step instructions!

 photo via kind Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy

So simple and fun making it yourself, especially since she already had most of the materials on hand!  Good to know I'm not the only one who has kept things from childhood and putting it to good use years down the line!

Thank you so much for sharing!

5 or 10 gumball vending machine capsules, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of gumball capsules with many of them in colors that are more difficult to find.  I keep my childhood jewelry and other trinkets I can't part with inside them and keep them in my vintage gumball ball machine my brother and I found thrifting when we were in high school.

We shared it and when it was at his house it was filled with gum balls and when it was at mine it was filled with peanut M&M's.  It was a good way to to limit my chocolate, since I had to put a penny in just to get one!

Now that I'm allergic to conventional candy, I just don't eat much candy anymore, except I have found an organic dark chocolate bar with salted almonds in it!  And I'll be having some after Lent!

 In larger amounts of 20, 25, or 30 empty gumball capsules, available here
We have these at each of our shops, many in themed color sets

What I Learned:

1.  I never thought my gumball capsule overstock collection would become so popular at our Etsy shops!  They do come in handy for so many things!  I use them as a sturdy and fun way to package and ship jewelry from our shops.  I use them to display my rock collection too!

2.  I have gotten so many different ideas of how to use them from other kind Etsy buyers too!  Like little apple bento box containers, two different kinds of fairy lights, wedding exit confetti holders, cupcake topper sprinkle holders, themed prize containers for pirate parties, pinata fillers with toys inside, even lunch money for gumball machines, etc.

3.  How would you use yours?

50 or 100 empty gumball vending machine capsules here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for remembering to share your story and photos only days later!  Great photos on an easy DIY cat toy too!  And your cat is adorable and looks so happy and active with his/her new rattle cat toy!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 Here is another item, other Etsy buyers have used to make cat toys!
10 tiny metallic tinsel puff balls, available here

Since I've reached my goal of adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  Well, almost each shop!  Yippee!
 
Now I'm concentrating on a new goal, which is making more art to see if it can fill the void for hoarding  Last time, I made loteria art cards which are now listed at each shop. This week, I've been working on some embroidery patches and will be listing them soon too!
 
Also, I'll be adding new listings when each shop sells an item and it looks like there's some already!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 197 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Gumball capsules are also great to package these cuties for Easter baskets and perhaps even plastic eggs for Easter Egg Hunts!
Mini chenille baby chick peeps, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 
Related Stories:
 
1.  An Etsy shop owner who uses them for jewelry too!  I Love My Gumball Machine Capsules!  The Destiny of Things, Story 156
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!  Much appreciated!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment