Monday, March 21, 2016

Mini ABC Alphabet Wooden Rubber Stamps Set: The Destiny of Things, Story 349

Mini ABC Alphabet Wooden Rubber Stamps Set:  The Destiny of Things, Story 349

Another creative Etsy buyer using these!

Choose a font:  30 mini alphabet wooden rubber stamp set, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for the quick simple note:

Great little set of letters. Using them in small pottery projects! Thank you! 

Quite inspiring, I would have never thought to have used these with clay.  I wonder what she will spell and what her pottery using these looks like!

Choose a font:  Baby Block, Typewriter, Rockabilly Wild West or grunge (as seen in photo) 30 mini alphabet wooden rubber stamp set, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these in various fonts, but quite honestly don't use them often because I'm not very patient with taking them a part.
However, now that my home is less cluttered, I have noticed that I've become more patient and less clumsy, but I'm not sure if any of that has to do with my hoarding issues.

Maybe now that there is more room in our music art room, I'll have more patience to use these cute alphabet stamps!  Any other ideas on how to use them?  What to spell?

 A self confessed stampaholic!  Love these teeny tiny two sided ones!
This fairy set with jumbo lenticular sticker and mini 18 stampers, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  I seem to love collecting and thinking about how I'm going to use my wooden rubber stamp  collection more than actually using them, but I have been changing that and have been trying various ones out weekly.

Last week I stamped some "lucky" penny stickers to give out with my "thank you" and "penny for your thoughts" packaging from all my Etsy shops!  And made some "Handle with Care" stickers for our fragile shipping and "RUSH" stickers too! 

2.  My favorite stampers are the self inking ones, like the teeny tiny mini ones shown in the photo above.  Just looking at them again, makes me want to keep them for myself!

3.  Speaking of collections!  When I was teaching I had a huge gigantic teacher rubber stamp collection!  And I kept it all in my Caboodle box!  But found that I only had time to use the self inking ones and my date stamper for all the students who would forget to write their names and dates.  I can't believe I gave the whole thing away when I retired.  Ho hum....

This date stamper below is probably still the stamper I use the most these days!  Especially when I write out "thank you" packaging notes to Etsy buyers.

Mechanical rubber date stamper from 2016 to 2015, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sending your short note because I received much insight about my little hoarding ways into my ever growing collection of stampers that I seem to collect more than use!

I have been making more time to be creative, but have so many projects in mind, sometimes I do not know where to start!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Much appreciated!
 
 I love these vintage Japanese animal stamp set and love the box and tin too!
These need to be carefully cut a part too, so I have not tried my set out yet.
Available here, photo via VintageToGoEasy

My new goal is making more art to see if it can fill the void for hoarding.  I've made loteria art cards which are now listed at each shop. Last week, I had been working on some embroidery patches and will be listing them soon too!  And I made some packaging stickers with some of my rubber stamp collection.  
 
 There are themed sets of loteria art cards at each shop.  These are available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
We weren't able to take photos last weekend because power was down right during the time we get nice natural light!  Most of Los Angeles or at least in our neighborhood we had no electricity for over 3 hours last Sunday.  It was weird and felt like power was out for a lot longer, but that's another story!
 
This week I hope to make some wiggle eye stickers, experiment with my stamp collection and make some paper collages. And take photos, so much to catch up on now!
 
Also, I'll be adding new listings when each shop sells an item and it looks like there's some already!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 189 items, VintageToGoEasy - 199 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 194 items 

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 I wish I had the patience to make my own stamps!  Maybe one day!  First, I need to use the ones I already have!  The stamps in this "How to" book are so cute with themes, holidays and seasons, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
3.  Saving time for a kindergarten teacher:  Teacher Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story #109  
 
 
 
 
 Front of Butterfly Meadows, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

View my House of Cards - Frank Underwood, Harmony quote double sided reversible washi tape collage art here, here and here!  It's a series of three so far!
 
Back of Butterfly Meadows, available here
   photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
  
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment