Monday, April 25, 2016

500 Swami Machine Fortune Teller Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story 366 & 367

500 Swami Machine Fortune Teller Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 366 & 367

I just love these Swami Madame X machine replacement fortune cards!

 500 Swami Madame X machine replacement refill fortune teller cards, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

When we were in high school my brother and I used to have lunch at a diner at Orange Circle when just because it had the Twilight Zone style Swami napkin dispenser machines at each table!  Every time we went there we'd sit at a new table hoping the machine would be working.  Most of the time, the machines were empty.

Here's the one from the one I remember from the Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner.

 500 replacement fortune cards, available here

One Etsy buyer sent me this note:

Will go great with current project of building my own Ask Swami machine

and a different buyer recently sent me this note: 

Note from Buyer Thank you! I just picked up the machine itself and now I'll have the proper cards.

 This is the style I remember putting pennies in at the diner in OC.
Ask Swami machine with a fortune being answered!
500 replacement fortune cards, available here
I wonder if the Etsy buyer who is making his machine has finished by now because that is a very old email note from last summer.
Hmm.... and I wonder if the other Etsy buyer had just picked up his Swami or Madame X machine.  Above is a photo of the Swami machine and below is the Madame X.

  500 replacement fortune cards, available here
The diner had the ones just like this with all chrome, but not as shiny new.
photo via Retro Planet blog
Saying Goodbye:  I have several stacks stashed away for myself and have learned to not fill orders with my own stash anymore.  I use these as gift tags and they make great little garlands too and they are so easy to use because the whole is punched and also has a slit, so I can just pop them on easily as a cute gift tag or add to a string for an instant garland.

These are the front of the cards and there are at least 52 different ones that are like a deck of playing cards with clubs, hearts, diamonds and spades.
 500 Swami Madame X machine replacement refill fortune teller cards, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  Always put my stash away first, otherwise I use my stash to fill orders when we get low on stock availability and some of my favorite things just run out and I have not been able to ever find them ever again!

2.  Etsy buyers have shared that they use these for table confetti for Twilight Zone parties.  If you need ideas for a Twilight Zone the link below will give you tons!

From an Etsy buyer:  This is for Next Stop... The Twilight Zone, here

3.  Some slip them into invitations for their fortune teller themed parties and others just send inside cards for fun!

4.  Other's slip them inside napkins and use them as conversation starters at dinner parties, especially since everyone can ask a "yes" or "no" answer and see what the fortune predicts.  I like to use them inside cocktail napkins, it's a fun way to start a party or dinner party.

Here are some of the examples of answers to "yes" and "no" questions on the back of the cards.  500 Swami Madame X machine replacement refill fortune teller cards, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

5.  As a recovering hoarder, I try not to hoard to many of these stacks, but I do give them away with each order as part of my "thank you" package that I try to keep as a fortune theme because without my hoard, I'm going to be on an unknown journey and who knows where it will take me!  And as I package each order it reminds me to think about my life without hoard!  Like the one below:

Each shop has a different version of these, but this one is available here

Thank you Etsy buyers from VintageToGoEasy and Hoarder Rehab for sharing your stories and inspiring me to continue with mine!  Especially on a day like today because my allergies are really acting up and I just feel like falling asleep, instead of finishing this post!
I'd love to see your home made Ask Swami machine and I'll always wonder if the other Etsy buyer has a Swami or Madame X machine.  I'm partial towards the Ask Swami's!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 I wonder if the Etsy buyer is making one like this!
 Replica of the Mystic Seer prop from the Twilight Zone episode, photo via Captain Toy.  Michael gives a thorough and enchanting review of it and there are many more photos to see.
I have figured out how to relist on the new shop format, but the new shop format is not as easy to use and takes a few extra steps to relist than the old format.
The new shop roll out doesn't seem to have page numbers when I shop and there is a whole lot more scrolling to find things and category sections are much more useful now, but scrolling sure does take more time, instead of page numbers, especially if I want to refind an item without using the search.

I'm keeping up with new listings daily and weekly, but will be listing less than 200 items total for each shop because window shopping and finding items just seems too difficult and time consuming and I don't think Etsy shoppers will be scrolling through my entire shops without page numbers!  I think I'll see what happens when I keep my listing total at 192, instead of 200.

I know for myself as an Etsy window shopper, I basically just look at someone's first page now because the scrolling crazes me!  or I just look at their category sections and see if anything might amuse me, which usually is a long shot.  I'm very disappointed with window shopping, but the silver lining is I'm finding other things to do!
I am thankful with the new shop roll out that I did not get blurry photos like some of my Etsy shop friends are still dealing with because techless me would have given up by now!  Also I am thankful that I did not get any of the other problems I've heartd about!  Knock on wood!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 191 items, The Destiny of Things- 192 items, VintageToGoEasy - 192 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 190 items 




  
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
If you need smaller amounts from 6 to 100, they are available here

Related Stories:


2.  My first story about these fortune teller cards:  Ask Swami Fortune Teller Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #115  

 


 


 


 Watch the promotional for the episode on youtube, here

 and the full episode of Nick of Time with the Swami machine on imbd, here
"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone"---Opening narration of Seasons 4&5
Happy Monday!  Thanks for stopping by and visiting my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment