Monday, September 21, 2015

Swami Madame X Fortune Teller Cards Table Collage: The Destiny of Things, Story 317

Swami Madame X Fortune Teller Cards Table Collage:  The Destiny of Things, Story 317

So many different fun uses for these fortune teller slips!

Choose an amount from 6, 8, 12, 25 to 100, available here

An Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things left me this little note:

These are super fun and exactly what I was looking for! (I also enjoyed the other random goodies they were packed with.) I plan on incorporating them into a fortune teller's table collage on a furniture piece I am refinishing.  

A fortune teller's table collaged with these fortunes!  I want to see that!  I wonder if it's going to be like Ouija board style.  So curious!

If you need a full set of these I've sorted them, so there are one of each fortune of 52 cards, like a deck of cards, available here

This is a new idea that an Etsy buyer has told me about, which gives me the idea of using them for bathroom wall paper!  So fun, so inspirational!

 Complete set of 52, like a deck of cards with hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs, available here

Other ideas Etsy buyers have told me about and how I've used them:

1.  table confetti for Twilight Zone parties

2. gift tags for fortune party gifts, they just slip right on to twine or ribbon.

3.  to slip into napkins for a fortune birthday party.

4.  slip into Christmas or birthday cards for a little fun or what I call card confetti!

5.  filler for party favors for fortune themed parties or weddings.

6.  great ice breaker when slipped into cocktail napkins for a little surprise fun!

7.  pinata filler for fortune filled lucky pinata fun! 

8.  easy DIY mini garland for any fortune related party like lucky bon voyage or retirement.

9.  Swami and Madame X replacement fillers for the vintage napkin dispenser machines!

photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and I use them almost daily as party of my "thank you" package with most orders.  I slip them into cards for all occasions and into napkins at parties.

 My "thank you" package items vary from season to season, but I always try to include lucky fortune stuff!  Above is an example, available here
There is a slightly different sample at each shop, try a shop search using "fortune" and you'll see each varying one at each shop.
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my hoard is becoming very popular!  It's very surprising and inspiring!  I would have never thought that some of my hoard would become our shops "best sellers!"

2.  As the years go by, my dehoarding journey has become less painful, confusing and stressful and more enjoyable and even fun!  

3.  So I must say that working through and practicing letting go of my hoard one item at a time is helping me break my hoarding habits.

4.  I still have set backs, but they are becoming less and less as I find other ways to deal with my stress, disappointments and loss.

Just in case you need a stack of 500 of these to cover a large piece of furniture or use as wall paper or fill up your Swami or Madame X napkin dispenser machine, they are available here
 photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for letting me know you are having fun using these in your fortune table collage!  Please send an update when you complete it!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!
 
 Here is what a complete set of 52 looks like, available here

I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 192 items, The Destiny of Things- 175 items, VintageToGoEasy - 186 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 178 items!    
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

  500 replacement fortune cards, available here
Here is an example of a Madame X dispenser machine

Related Stories:

1.  If you want to see the Swami dispenser machine, the really cool Twilight Zone dispenser from the episode with William Shatner, which the machine was called, the Mystic Seer:  500 Replacement Fortune Teller Cards for Madame X Penny Napkin Dispenser Machine:  The Destiny of Things, Story 298

2.  My first story about these fortune teller cards:  Ask Swami Fortune Teller Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #115  

3.  Fun childhood memories from an Etsy buyer:  Madame X Fortune Teller and Parakeets:  The Destiny of Things, Story #149  




How well do you think the quote below pertains to making art too?

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone"---Opening narration of Seasons 4&5  

No comments:

Post a Comment