Thursday, September 10, 2015

Small Plastic Mini Jars 2 oz: The Destiny of Things, Story 312

Small Plastic Mini Jars 2 oz:  The Destiny of Things, Story 312

I just love these mini jars for organizing my hoard!

6 small 1.5 - 2 oz plastic pop top containers, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

and an Etsy buyer loves them too for all the little things you don't want to get lost from jewelry to stamping.

I also use them for sorting all kinds of embellishments from bells, beads, rocks, wiggly eyes, buttons and shells, etc!  I love to sort and usually use them to sort by size or color.  I have several art projects going at once, so I usually keep them organized in little boxed kits and inside these kits are these jars of embellishments.

For example, I keep my mini origami paper, gold thread, needle and bells sorted by color in these containers and usually make my mini hanging origami cranes for garlands and gift toppers while I get my daily Vitamin D sitting outside or watching our latest show on netflix.

10 hanging mini origami cranes with bell, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I just love these plastic jars and use them often when I find a box of mixed junk to sort while I'm dehoarding.  These smaller 1 oz jars are the ones I use most often for bead embellishments, especially beads on thread because I can just use the lid for a few without losing them or losing track of them.

8 mini 1 oz containers with pop off lids, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

I also use them to send gifts through the mail or in care packages when I don't want something cute and small to get lost in a larger package.

4 small screw off top plastic containers, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

We have several quilters and teachers in the family and I often make them little sewing kits with these containers, as you can see a little spool and thread, buttons, needle threader and needle will fit inside for those little emergencies.

6 small 1.5 - 2 oz plastic pop top containers, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I reuse these from project to project and keep my own stash ready to organize on the days I dehoard.  

8 mini 1 oz containers with pop off lids, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:   

1.  I am so happy that others love to use these too and find them so handy!  Many Etsy buyers have also told me they use them to hold samples of their cosmetic products and paints for crafting, but I do not know how waterproof or spill proof these actually are because I do not use them to hold liquids.

2.  I am partial to any clear container and recycle almost all  clear food containers to hold my various projects and keep them organized.

Do you think perhaps I'm hoarding clear containers?  I don't think so because I am recycling and it's helping me organize my life rather than disrupting my life.  Although I do not like the thought of having to throw them away.  Hmm....

I love to organize my jewelry finding with these wheel boxes, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you kinda Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time to send me a few words of how you use your containers.  I always find it comforting to find something common with a non hoarder! 
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!
 
 Here is how I use my mini origami cranes as gift toppers, available here
photo via The Destiny of Things


I am working on my dehoarding goals and am starting to new list and relist at each shop!  My goal is to list 200 items on each shop again!  I am challenged with Etsy's new listing formats and also I'm getting used to a new computer system, so the listing is happening slowly, but surely!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 198 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 193 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 189 items!  
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Mini love cards to add as gift toppers or care packages, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment