Monday, September 28, 2015

Native American Pure Silver Sandcast Coral Bracelet: The Destiny of Things, Story 320

Native American Pure Silver Sand Cast Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story 320

This little note came with an updated photo!

The last of my Native American jewelry, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

The little note said:

Shipped quickly and even more beautiful than the photos! Made the perfect gift for my mom! Thanks! 

I am so happy this little bracelet of mine went to such a nice wrist!  I've had this bracelet since the 90s and it's a nice old heavy sand cast one.  My favorite Native American bracelets are the sand cast ones.

Here is the updated photo of her mom wearing it!  So cool!

 photo via Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab

I used to miss my Native American jewelry collection until about a year ago, when I tried wearing some jewelry again.  Some jewelry I was allergic too within five minutes of putting it on and others lasted longer, but jewelry just felt so heavy after wearing it for awhile and I really didn't miss wearing them anymore!

Here is how I used to wear them all the time when I wasn't allergic to silver!

Most of these have sold, expect for the carinated or pointed one, 
available here, photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I would have never thought that I'd give up all my Native American jewelry or any of my jewelry for that matter.  I've waited over 5 years for my allergies to go away from wearing jewelry and now I'm so used to not wearing jewelry I don't miss it!  I can't believe I just wrote that!

Most of these have sold, expect for the carinated or pointed one, 
available here, photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  I used to love stacking these in different patterns and even learned how to pair them so they would make a nice jingling sound when I moved around with them on!

I used to wear them to work and meet up at recess with a couple other teachers who would collect them and we'd try each others on and trade bracelets for the day.

2.  My aunt used to wear her stacked too and let me try hers on when I was a child.  So fun!

3.  Even though I don't wear jewelry anymore I do miss it every once in awhile when I see some that I really like, especially religious jewelry which I still have a lot to list.

 This is my last sand cast bracelet, unless I decide to sell my first one
available here, photo via Hoarder Rehab


Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for your little note and update photo because it's always a relief to know about the new life of my hoard.  My relief seems to be turning to joy on some days now!  That's progress!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!
 
 This is another heavy more unusual bracelet by HRM
available here, photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 196 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 195 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 182 items!    
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 This is like one my Grandmother gave me from my childhood, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Related Stories:
 
1.  I also loved to collect and wear children sized sand cast bracelets:  Native American Sand Cast Sterling Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story 262
 
2.  Story about the rows of corn Tahe bracelet:  Cloud 9 to Corn from Heaven:  a small Native American bracelet I never received and forgot because I had bought so much and came later with a bigger surprise! 
 
3. Updated with photo from Etsy buyer:  New Home for Turquoise:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXI  
 
 
 
6.  This Native American bracelet story that has 10 more related stories!  What a collection of stories I have!  Native American Sterling Watchband by Marie Dale: The Destiny of Things, Story 232
 
"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."   See the quote in one of my collages, here  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment