Monday, September 14, 2015

Circus Themed Birthday Party Vintage Clown Flag Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 314

Circus Themed Birthday Party Vintage Clown Flag Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 314

Vintage clown flag toppers for a circus birthday party!

Vintage Happy Birthday clown flag toppers, sold out.
Vintage USA flag cake topper picks, available here

I was wondering who was going to buy these and if it was going to be for a circus or carnival themed occasion.  I had over 100 of these and she bought them all!  I am so thankful to her!

I had a box and half of these left over from my teaching days.  Some classes celebrate student's birthdays by the month, but we celebrated each of ours all on one day!  It was everyone's birthday that day and we spent months planning it with committees and meetings.

We made wish lists, discussed and voted for a theme, colors, etc.  It was complicated and time consuming, but worth it because it taught students organization, planning and execution of how to make a big shabang that includes everyone and their wishes!

It was a fun way to learn how to throw a party for 30 people from making wish lists, planning, forming committees, working on a schedule to make the designated party date, etiquette, economics (students would be very surprised to estimate and then add up how much food and supplies for a party will cost), making invitations, decorations, deciding on games and how many people can be be invited on a budget and working within a budget, etc.

It was a great classroom reward too because we would need to stay on schedule and get the rest of the academics done, so we'd have party planning time by the end of the day!

I don't really miss teaching, but I do miss buying all the stuff for all the different parties we'd plan!  Even though I donated most of the funds for party decor, favors and games, we did have a classroom money system to offset some of the costs.  Everyone contributed in some way and everyone would be so proud after the party and our classroom was back to normal!

Such memories....

Vintage Happy Birthday clown flag toppers, sold out.
Vintage USA flag cake topper picks, available here

Saying Goodbye:  Today I am glad these went to a little guy's circus themed birthday party.  I used to find myself in conflict when some of my school detash found new homes, but now I think I'll be very happy when all of it is gone! 

Vintage Happy Birthday clown flag toppers, sold out.
Vintage USA flag cake topper picks, available here

What I Learned:

1.  Immersion Therapy does work!  Although it's a slow and scary process, it is working for me.  The slow but constant repetition of letting go of things is helping me overcome my hoarding fears, anxiety and panic every time something of mine finds a new home!

2.  Also I find my hoarding relapses are becoming less and less as I have found other activities to take it's place, although sometimes my alternatives are not comforting or comfortable, it does feel good to be trying my best to change some bad habits!

3.  For example, this month I'm focusing on more exercise.  I have severe health issues due to allergies, insomnia, etc, and am usually to exhausted to work out on a regular basis, but the past two months have been different for me and I'm sleeping more regularly.  I am feeling stronger every day in more ways than one!

Fun circus or carnival party decor, available here
Kids find it very curious that this what people played with before video games! photo via VintageToGoEasy


Thank you kind Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEasy letting me know these are for your son's circus themed birthday!  I hope he and everyone else enjoyed them!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!

 Simple yet interactive fortune teller fish fun, available here
In amounts of 50, 100 or more, available 
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 198 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 190 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 187 items!    
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 These toppers are always fun for drinks or cupcakes and all ages love them,
available here.  photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment