Wednesday, September 23, 2015

100 Strung #5 Manila Shipping Tags: The Destiny of Things, Story 318

100 Strung #5 Manila Shipping Tags:  The Destiny of Things, Story 318

Short encouraging words from a non hoarder is always a gentle reminder!

Choose an amount from 10 - 100, available here

I tend to buy things in bulk, like Costco bulk, for many reasons.  1) it's usually a better deal 2) I'll never run out.  3)  I will always have them on hand for quick gift tags. 4) as a teacher with 30 students I'd at least need one for each person. 5) I like to make art in repetition.  6)  I could go on and on, but as a recovering hoarder I am trying to break this habit and just buy what I need now.

Every once in awhile an Etsy buyer will remind me to buy only what I need for the moment with a little note:

Excellent quality! Thank you so much for offering these tags in smaller quantities. It would take me years to use up the quantities offered from other suppliers. 

And it does take me years!  I used to use at least 100 of these tags a year in the classroom, so I'd buy them in bulk.   Students could make Mother's day and Father's day gift tag cards, for emergency information on field trips for each student and for impromptu name tags for assemblies, etc. since a safety pin is not needed because it can just hang from a button or belt loop.

My teaching days are long gone, but I still find myself wanting to buy in huge mega bulk!  However these days, I'm doing much better and do not buy much in bulk anymore.

Choose an amount from 10 - 100, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I just love the look of these plain old industrial looking shipping tags.  So old fashioned from the days when people shipped things in brown butcher paper or newspaper with one of these tags tied to the string around it.

 I like to custom stamp mine for gift giving occasions!
Hand stamped gift tags, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I hope my buying in bulk days are soon to be over because when I buy in  bulk, many times the stuff gets lost in the hoard or when I need it I can't find it and then I end up rebuying more!

2.  I have sweet memories of my Aunt using these tags every year for Christmas and wondering what new theme would be on her gift tag!  They also make good, easy and cute packaging reinforcement for shipping small pieces of jewelry in the mail.

Just curl the tag in half, put the small gift inside and wrap the string around the outside through the reinforced hole and tie it closed.

3.  Since I come from a family where buying in bulk is the norm, it's always nice when I get a reminder and realize that most people only buy what they need at the time.

 An example of easy gift tags for kid's to make with sushi grass and sticky notes, kit available here or just the sushi grass here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for the nice reminder note from a non hoarder to recovering hoarder!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!
 
 Here's another quick easy example for kid's to make Christmas gift tags or even use as "thank you" notes, available in the Advent calendar kit here

I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 195 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 188 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 181 items!    
 
Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Super tiny mini strung gift tags, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:

1.  See how an Etsy shop owner uses these:  Tiny Mini Red Foil Label Tags:  The Destiny of Things, Story 277 

2.  For stamping logos for convention use:   300 Large Plain Shipping Tags:  The Destiny of Things, Story 217   

3.  Twilight Zone Ask Swami Fortune Card Slips make great tags too, see and read here 

4.  My washi tape tags went to a bookstore in NY:   My Washi Tape Quilt Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #119   

"Do it now, before later becomes never!"---Later and never used to happen to me a lot! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment