Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Christmas Cracker Bon Bon Trinket Fillers: The Destiny of Things, Story 310

Christmas Cracker Bon Bon Trinket Fillers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 310

Order these now for your DIY Christmas out of country cracker bon bons!

 Fortune Fish, choose your amount from 30 to 100, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Starting from September, we get a several "out of country" orders from these from Etsy buyers making their own winter holiday cracker bon bons for Christmas and New Year's celebrations.

I had  no idea what a "bon bon" was until I googled it today and found out they are like paper covered tubes that look like candy with treats inside!

photo via Google at wikipedia

Two sisters from Europe emailed me and let me know they are making bon bons for Christmas and will be using the fortune fish inside them.  Fun for all ages! 

I wonder else they are going to put inside for surprises!

 Fortune Fish, choose your amount from 30 to 100, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
I am so happy they ordered them early because shipping without tracking to other countries can take up any where from 4 weeks to 12 weeks!  And without tracking we have no idea how long it will take to reach it's destination or if it's stuck in customs waiting for the buyer to pick up!
 
As a matter of fact, I had a package mailed from San Diego to Los Angeles, but after a month it hadn't arrived so we received a refund.   Three months later it showed up!!!!  USPS never ceases to amaze me!

Another time we had a package returned to us from Australia six months after we shipped it.   We tried to contact the buyer, but never heard a peep.  The record holder is 8 months!  A package was returned from Switzerland with no contact from the buyer either!  I'm  guessing these packages get stuck in customs and the buyers don't want to pay the extra duties?

Now we send all packages foreign and domestic with insurance because one never knows how packages just disappear into thin air!

Anyways, that was way off topic!

 Fortune Fish, choose your amount from 30 to 100, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Saying Goodbye:   My original hoard of these are long gone and since they have become popular all year long at all our shops we keep them in stock.  So I am happy to say I never have to say goodbye to these and keep many handy for cheering people up or handing out to bored children in waiting rooms or standing in line.

These would be fun in a bon bon filled with a special trinket or candy!
In amounts of 20 to 30, here or 50 or 100 here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  My aunt had these once at Christmas dinner.  They were on our plates as decoration, but they didn't have fun trinkets in them.  I think they had something to read out loud.  I really can't remember, but as a kid I guess it wasn't that fun.

2.  I think my Aunt called them crackers too, but nothing cracked about them!  When I googled about them today, they look like a cross between a large look piece of wrapped candy and a fire cracker and in the old days were pulled a part like a wish bone and it made a fire cracker sound when broken.

3.  According to wikipedia, Christmas crackers are part of Christmas celebrations primarily in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Commonwealth countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa.
 
4.  Maybe I'll make some this year for all the little ones I know using recycled toilet paper rolls that I used to save when I was a teacher for various crafts, like finger puppets and as a recovering hoarder can't seem to throw out!
 
 Cardboard cracker rolls n amounts of 30 or 40, available here
 
Thank you Etsy buyers from VintageToGoEasy and Hoarder Rehab for sending me little notes each year starting in September letting me know these are for bon bons!  So nice to know that a bon bon is a cracker bon bon now.  
 
And thank you for the inspiration and idea to make them this year for children and adults in my family!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 I think I'll put some of these in the bon bons, so the young and young at heart can keep track of their drinks, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
I am working on my dehoarding goals and am starting to new list and relist at each shop!  My goal is to list 200 items on each shop again!  I am challenged with Etsy's new listing formats and also I'm getting used to a new computer system, so the listing is happening slowly, but surely!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 197 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 195 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 191 items!  
 
Check out all the shop for fun treasure chests fillers for pirates and mermaids, like stickers, gum ball capsules for you to fill, trinket gun charms and more!

Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 And some of these for the kids, someone's always losing a tooth!
Mini treasure chests for pirates and mermaids, available here

Related Stories:  Fortune Fish have been used in so many various ways!

 
 
 
4.  As Underwater birthday theme decor, see update photos and story here  
 
5.  Other wedding themed ideas:   Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238
 
"May these bring back old memories while making new ones!"---Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment