Monday, April 18, 2016

Scarface Theme Birthday Party Cake Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 361

Scarface Theme Birthday Party Cake Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 361

These are our old gun mix.  The rifles and machine guns are very difficult to find now and we are working on getting more, but it's a very very slow process.
Our new mini gold gun assorted gun mix, available here

Here is the note I received:

It's my boyfriends birthday party. He wanted the cake guns cuz he's doing a Scarface themed party ;)

This is the first I've heard for a Scarface themed party!  How fun!  I wonder if the cupcakes had powder sugar for toppings too to simulate the mounds of coke from that movie!  with the added touch of these guns on top!

 I remember watching this movie with my brother, when it first came out.
Maybe I'll rewatch it because this is the only scene I remember.

Saying Goodbye:  I didn't save many rifles or machine guns for myself because I kept digging in my own stash to complete orders, but now we rarely find them.  We did find someone who makes them, but they are rarely open and difficult to get a hold of.

Our new mini gold gun assorted gun mix, available here

What I Learned:

1.  These mini guns are from my childhood and I used to love to make forts and trenches in the mud with my brother playing with his army men and these guns.  So when I saw them again, I had to have some!

Now they are one of our most popular items and Etsy buyers use them in all kinds of ways, but mainly as cake toppers for Walking Dead, James Bond and Pistol and Pearl theme parties.

2.  We've had to separate the James Bond guns and Rick Grime's Colt Python guns from the Walking Dead from the assorted mix because the James Bond guns sell out so fast!

3.  Today I wanted to post a different story that I remembered from last year from an email.  Unfortunately, as a recovering hoarder, I have a difficult time deleting any emails, unless they are spam, so I know I have it saved some where, but where?

I went through so many emails trying to find it and could not, but the silver lining is I did organize some of my shop emails by putting them in different folders and did find this long lost email story.

4.  However, I found so many other stories that need posting that now I feel overwhelmed about it.  If I had to guess I think I found 20 other stories to blog about and that's just from one shop!  What to do?

 Here's a sample of how we used to play with them, but I've been holding myself back from buying vintage army men!
Mini gold gun assorted gun mix, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sharing your story through an email note.  A Scarface theme party is a new one to me and sounds fun!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

Here they are in silver, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
I continue to experiment with mending as an alternative to hoarding and have been having a blast experimenting with the best way to mend.  We took photos of what I've been mending last weekend, so hopefully I'll have time to write a post about it on Thursday.

 
The new shop format that Etsy rolled out on April 5th is taking some time for me to adjust and figure out how to use efficiently.  I've spent a lot of time changing with the times and it's not easy for me because it seems as soon as I learn and get used to aspects of computer technology, it changes and I'm back to square one!
 

I'm keeping up with new listings daily and weekly, but would much rather mend now!
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 192 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 193 items 


Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 10 Walking Dead Rich Grime's Colt Python mini gold guns, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
Related Stories:
 10 mini James Bond guns in gold, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
"The world is yours!"  Tony Montana from Scarface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment