Friday, January 22, 2016

"I Gotta Glock in my Rari" Mini James Bond Guns: The Destiny of Things, Story 333

"I Gotta Glock in my Rari" Mini James Bond Guns:  The Destiny of Things, Story 333

Such a fun email story with our hottest seller!  Love the photo they sent with it!

10 Fetty Wap James Bond glock guns, available here

Here's the email:

Hello, 

Now that we have a break between the holidays, I had a free moment to myself. I hope you had a great Christmas and continue to have a happier new year! 

Okay so the story behind ordering the James Bond guns!!! Let's just say you made my life so much easier by having these available. So there is a song out called 679 by a rapper name Fetty Wap. Not sure if your familiar. However, in the song he says, "I gotta glock in my Rari" meaning he has his gun in his Ferrari. It's a really catchy tune and that lol saying is just everywhere. So we have a lot of young people in our family and we just sporadically say the verse.

So my sister and I wanted to give everyone a glock and a Ferrari as a joke of course we can't even afford 1 Ferrari let alone 10. I will tell u this much though, out of all the matchbox cars in the world and all the stores they are sold in. We could only find 1 toy Ferrari. I took for granted it would be an easy find and the guns would be the difficult task. But thanks to you, it was easy as pie. So thank you very much for helping us pull off out gag gift for our family. Here are the pictures.



 Love this photo!  Thank you!
10 Fetty Wap glock, no Rari, available here
photo via Etsy buy from JunkDrawerAndMore

What family fun!  Love their inside family joke saying!  This letter and photos made me crack up! 

What a thoughtful and funny stocking stuffer for the family.  Who would have thought finding a toy Ferrari would be so difficult?  Things like that happen to me a lot when I'm searching for a particular thing and then when I'm over it, I'll start finding what I was looking for all over the place!  I wonder if they have been finding toy Ferrari's wherever they go now!

 Love this top view too!  Thank you!
10 Fetty Wap glocks, no Rari, available here
photo via Etsy buy from JunkDrawerAndMore

Of course, I had to listen to 679 feat Remy Boyz, llsten to it here on Youtube, while writing this post and it reminded me of my inner city teaching days in Los Angeles and Long Beach.  My first non standard English vernacular, (teachers were not allowed to call it, ghetto slang!)  which I learned on my first day at school in Los Angeles was, "I gotta go use it."  I thought they meant the pencil sharpener!  To my surprise, it was the bathroom!

What's up was really popular back then, but it was soon shortened to wha-a, said in one syllable.  Other slang I remember was chale, simon, banking it, tight, sick, bad, orale and that's about it.

Fetty wap means big stash of money.  Learn something new everyday!

10 Fetty Wap glocks, no Rari, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and won't be parting with them.  I remember fighting over these with my brother from childhood and setting up little vignettes with my miniature dolls and his army men.  We had so much fun with these! 

I have my own set of each type of mini gun, included the rifles and ak's!  We should be getting more rifles and ak's, but they are very difficult to find!  Maybe once I give up, they'll start appearing everywhere!

Below is a photo of the ones I have stashed in sets for myself!

10 assorted mini gold guns, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

What I Learned:

1.  I just love to collect things from my childhood!  I'll have to explore that insight more deeply.  Unfortunately my Rosebud would not be "just" two things, but an entire hoard!  I'll have to learn to fill the void with other alternatives.  Which gives me some ideas!

2.  I love inside jokes and sayings.  My latest one is from the Travelodge motel glasses, "Sleepy bear is everywhere!"  Now that my insomnia is gone, I wonder how long I'll be hibernating. 

 Here are the glocks in silver, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time after the busy holiday bustle to email and share your story and the song.  Your story was funny and I just love it when I get photos too!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And these glocks are one of our best sellers!  Thanks again!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits even though I've been napping the last couple of months during my blog time now that my insomnia is over!  
 
 Classic vintage pistols, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I am adding new items weekly to each shop until I have 800 of my dehoard listed that will be 200 items listed at each shop!  However, I still need to focus on my health, so I'm adding slowly, but surely.  
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 187 items, The Destiny of Things- 188 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 194 items!    

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Here is how my brother and I used to play with them!
10 Walking Dead Rick Grimes style guns, available here
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
I think I'll watch Citizen Kaine again.  What's your Rosebud?

No comments:

Post a Comment