Wednesday, May 18, 2016

RIP Coffin Bead Boxes for Horror Theme Party: The Destiny of Things, Story 376

RIP Coffin Bead Boxes for Horror Theme Party:  The Destiny of Things, Story 376

I wonder if these were part of a Horror Movie bead party activity.....

These coffin boxes are out of stock and we won't be restocking them, but we have a metal pop open coffin box, available here or a similar bead samples in gumball capsules, here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
  
An Etsy buyer bought all I had of these and said they were for her daughter's Horror Movie Night Party.  I've looked all over for either the email, note to buyer, feedback, etc and can't find a trace of it, except it's on my very old list of blog stories!

That's what I get for trying to save it for last year's Halloween blog story and not finding it then and then finding it again now!

Now I try to write the blog stories as they come, but they is definitely a backlogged supply now!  What to do?

The coffin boxed skull beads only were the most popular, but I soon ran out of skull beads and had to mix them with others.  Now the plastic coffin boxes are out of stock and we won't be restocking them, but we have a metal pop open coffin box, available here or a similar bead samples in gumball capsules, here.  
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Anyways, I imagine a fun Horror Movie Night party filled with friends, popcorn, favorite scary movies and favorite scary stories, while making bead bracelets with these beads as souvenirs and then taking them home in a coffin, as a jewelry box.  

I don't know why, but I just love little trinket boxes and bought all kinds to pass out with candy and other fun spooky stuff inside it, several Halloweens ago and ended up with extras because no one knocks on our door for Halloween anymore.  So here they are or here they were.


At first the beads didn't sell too well, but as soon as I combined them with the coffin boxes, off they went!  These coffin boxes are out of stock and we won't be restocking them, but we have a metal pop open coffin box, available here or a similar bead samples in gumball capsules, here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I don't buy much anymore... knock on wood... and hope this Halloween I buy even less than I did last Halloween!  However, I did buy some of these metal pop open coffin boxes for my mixed media Day of the Dead loteria art to make some travel ofrenda shrines for next November.  

Which means I should make them soon, so I can list them in June and then they'll expire right before Day of the Dead on November 1st.

 These are ones that don't look very Day of the Dead to me, so they are listed here
I use one now to keep spare change in because I just love how it pops open and it's quite handy when I meet homeless people who ask me for spare change.  I think they are really cigarette boxes, but I don't smoke! ha! 
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  I don't do well saving blog stories for holiday occasions because I either can't find my list or totally forget about them when the occasion arises.  On my list for last year, I have saved blog stories for Independence Day, Day of the Dead, etc. and this year, I even missed this past Cinco de Mayo!

2.  Every year, I do hope I get a little better at planning ahead by 4 months because Etsy's listings last for 4 months and I like them to expire 7 days before the holiday or special occasion, like Mother's day because RUSH orders stress me out and for some reason, we get a lot of RUSH order requests.  I think we've already gotten 4-5 this month for overnight deliveries, which we don't do unless they fall on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.  Because those are the only days we ship out now.

3.  My hoard is dissipating enough so that my goal of being able to take care of house plants despite my brown thumb is starting to happen!  I hope to work my way up to a goldfish!  I am so happy!

4.  My best goal motivations are rewards for kicking bad habits and lately, I can't believe there is nothing I want to buy for a reward!  My best working solution for my insomnia is getting up at 3 am and usually a reward kick starts it off, but all the "rewards" on my list aren't getting me up at 3 am, so I guess I don't really want them.  

5.  Also, I'm trying to stop another bad habit I do to relieve stress and can't find a reward to help me start that one off either.  I found this 100% silk summer dress, but it's $120 dollars and it's not lined or machine washable, so I doubt I'll wear it often if I have to get it eco dry cleaned.

I found some art I like but it's been coated in bees wax, so I'm not sure how to hang it up or display it properly without it getting to hot or melting or it leaving marks on the back of it.

What to do?

I love the one I use now to keep spare change in because I just love how it pops open and it's quite handy when I meet homeless people who ask me for spare change and for parking meters.  I think they are really cigarette boxes, but I don't smoke! ha!  Listed here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy shop owner from JunkDrawerAndMore.  I wish I could have found your note, but thank you anyway for the Halloween story in May!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 That's the pop open mechanism button that I just love!  Also, I like how it stands up on it's own.  It might make a cute spooky travel sewing box too!  I like the little moving levers on each side to hold things in place, except for the change, which is so fun to scare kids when I tell them it's just some bones rattling around!
Listed here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
I'll be relisting and listing new items tomorrow. ... hopefully.  Because since I can't get up at 3 am without a decent reward to start me off with this habit again, I've been sleeping in til 4 or 5 am and no amount of coffee wakes me up and I'm that way until about 6 pm and then by the time I start waking up, it's time for me to make dinner and wind down for the day.  I don't know what my body is doing or thinking!

And my simple exercise plan is out the window too because that's what got me so tired, for 2 weeks, I didn't feel like I ever woke up and dragged myself around, even if I woke up at 3 am, so I decided to sleep the fatigue off.  So now I'm thinking it's another mystery allergy reaction to something new that I need to figure out....  What to do?  Perhaps a vacation?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 183 items, The Destiny of Things- 185 items, VintageToGoEasy - 187 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 188 items
 
 Here is the new kandi bead sampler in gumball capsules, instead of coffin boxes, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Related Stories:  Halloween Horror in May
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for reading this far again and visiting my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things

No comments:

Post a Comment