Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Hen & Chicks Mini Strawberry Pocket Planter: The Destiny of Things, Story 380

Hen & Chicks Mini Strawberry Pocket Planter:  The Destiny of Things, Story 380

I would have never thought of this and it's such a cool way to use it!

Strawberry planter: sold out, but the last of my planter collection, available here
 photo via VintageToGoEasy 

Just a few words from an Etsy buyer and here they are!

This is perfect for my Hens and Chicks. 

I would have never thought it would be for hens and chicks and I'm not sure if the meaning is literal or figurative.  Is it for hens and chick feed or succulents called hens and chicks?  Personally I thought it was for hens and chick feed, lol!  Then I googled it.

What do you think?  Most likely for the succulents, called hens and chicks.....Either way, it's a cool way to use it and I would have loved to see her photos of it, but here's what I found when I googled it.

 photo via blog, two twenty one

I was going to use it to plant a very mini herb station for my kitchen window, just never got around to it.  I mean, this strawberry pocket planter was very mini, like 3.5 inches tall!  Below is my dream of herbs in it.

photo via blog, You Grow Girl

However, I don't have a very green thumb and tend to either over water or under water or just forget about the care of plants completely!  I'm hoping to change that now that so much of my hoard is gone.  Maybe this time around my plants won't just blend in with the rest of my hoard and get ignored.

Strawberry planter: sold out, but the last of my planter collection, available here
 photo via VintageToGoEasy 

Saying Goodbye:  I had a huge planter and vase collection.  Most of it I had donated during a purge and move, ten years ago, but I still had my favorites, like Bauer, McCoy and little skinny windowsill ones.  Luckily, most of them have all sold.

This sea foam green planter is about 6 inches tall and may look like Bauer, but it has the McCoy hallmark on the bottom, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy  

What I Learned:

1.  I am so happy to see that most of my vase and planter collection have now found new lives and homes.  I won't be collecting anymore of them.  I am keeping two large white Bauer swirl planters that belonged to my Grandmother and two sets of her Bauer nesting ring ware pyramid mixing bowls, one in ivory and the other in green.

2.  I also had a huge serving and mixing bowl collection, seven bowls are still available, here.  My brother and I used to do a lot of cooking and baking from high school to college and when we'd go thrifting and find a cool bowl, we'd say, "a cook can never have too many bowls" and buy them.

3.  The only thing I've been collecting lately is paper.  I am so in love with Japanese paper at the moment.  It's been my reward lately to start some healthier habits, while I try and stop other old bad habits.

 Black medium sized ring ware bowl, perhaps Bauer, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy  

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for sharing how you will use the mini strawberry planter.  It was fun learning something new! and it helped me realize how far I've come now that most of my planter and vase collection have found new lives and homes!  Thanks to Etsy!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
Early 1900s Leonard Vienna Austria Graduation pink & gold bowl, available here
If this doesn't sell, i think I'll grow some moss in it.
photo via VintageToGoEasy  

I've been routinely relisting daily and hopefully will new list items soon because I found a reward and have been getting up at 3 am!  I have my rewards all lined up for the next week or too and I'm so excited about it and my new goals!

I am still postponing my exercise plan for later this week or next because over the weekend, we went to the Peterson Automotive Museum to check out their Vault Tour, which was not so good for my allergies, so I am in recovery mode.  I plan to write a review on the tour too!  So stay tuned!
 
Today is the first day in a month, that I finally feel like I've completely woken up from a month of complete lethargicness of both definitions!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 182 items, The Destiny of Things- 189 items, VintageToGoEasy - 180 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 My favorite floating gardenia and/or paperclip bowl, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy  

Related Stories:




"You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be."  Marianne Williamson   
 
Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to take part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things with your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment