Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mini RIP Black Plastic Coffin Box: The Destiny of Things, Story 294

Mini RIP Black Plastic Coffin Box:  The Destiny of Things, Story 294

An Etsy buyer sent and email story and photo update!

These weren't selling to well and then all of a sudden they are almost gone!
Available with skull beads and glow in the dark beads, here
Or colorful clear plastic ones here

Here is the email I received:

Greetings, 

I just received my lovely coffin many thanks. I have an alter for my favorite deity Anubis.  Anubis is the Egyptian God of the dead. I show my appreciation for him by purchasing things I think he may like, skull,bones, coffins, and other death related items.  Enclosed is a pic of my alter,you may share it on your blog. Have a blessed day.

How cool is that!  I have never heard of Anubis, but I enjoyed learning about it here on wiki and the Egyptian, "Book of the Dead" and have always loved the look of Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Here is the pic of her alter:

photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore
Thank you so much for the email and especially with a photo!

Love the alter and the rhinestone skull cap!  I wonder what it all means?  I just love alters and seeing other people's alters are so interesting to me.  I filled her RIP coffin with trinkets and I see some of it in her alter too, like the tiny skull bead and blue treasure chest.

I have my Grandparents shrines, one was Buddhist and another Tenrikyo and I used to mix and match them and rearrange them weekly with flowers, incense, Day of the Dead nichos and whatever else had meaning to me or my family that week too.

I would like to do that again, but for now I'll have to keep dehoarding to make room for such a space.

 If you just need 1-3 of these, I still have a few, but they are scuffed up.
Unfortunately that's how I received them.  Email me.
RIP black coffin box with skull beads and glow in the dark beads, here
Or colorful clear plastic ones here

Saying Goodbye:  I thought I was going to use these in my mixed media repetition art with my penny dolls, but I haven't yet.  I've saved a few of these, in case I change my mind, but I'm learning that I accumulate more ideas and supplies than actually spending the time making art.

I will have to work on doing more art!

Of course, at the time I couldn't decide on the RIP black coffins or the clear plastic colorful ones, so I bought them both!  

RIP black coffin box with skull beads and glow in the dark beads, here
Or colorful clear plastic ones here

What I Learned:  

1.  This Etsy buyer just bought "one" coffin.  I am always so surprised when someone just buys "one" thing and that's it!  As a recovering hoarder, I am cursed!  I make up all kinds of excuses to buy either one more or several more or add other things just to combine shipping!

Being an Etsy seller has taught me a lot about my hoarding habits because it really never has registered in my mind or daily life that other people do buy only "one" thing, until I became an Etsy seller.  My family buys in Costco like bulk, since I can remember Fedco and it's only because as an Etsy seller I've gotten several requests to just make a custom listing to buy "one" item.  Live and learn!

2.  This posting has motivated me to see which of my penny dolls will fit in these coffins.  I hope they fit in the clear ones!

3.  Also, I've figured out what causes my insomnia and how to cure it.  My allergies cause my insomnia, I guess from all the histamine flowing through my brain.

I recently bought some fabrics from a foreign country and it was either washed or sprayed with some heavily perfumed chemicals.  I've been buzzing, itching and feeling what I call, "hyper tired" since I opened the package.  I've washed the item several times and the smell does not seem as though it's going to go away any time soon.  Anyone have any solutions? Please email me!

The one thing that seems to help regulate my sleep now is getting up at 3 am because I'll knock out promptly at 9 pm.  For some reason, 3 am seems to be the magic hour for me.   Any earlier and I'll semi function through the day and any later, I'll just feel like a sleeping, but can't or feel like a wiped out bump on a log all day long.  

I know it's very strange, but I've probably tried over 100 different sleep remedies and waking up at 3 am is the only one that helps me in less time.  Daily cherry juice and kumquat jujube tea do work for me, but they take at least 3 months to kick in and by then my zombie brain takes over and it's difficult to stay on a routine.  Enough rambling.... I think that's a symptom of my allergies too! lol

RIP black coffin box with skull beads and glow in the dark beads, here
Or colorful clear plastic ones here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sending me a surprise email with photos! So very interesting to me!   It always makes me smile and feel good when someone takes the time to help me out!  Much appreciated.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab venue ever!  I can't thank you enough! I am so thankful that my items are making their own new stories and making new memories wherever they are!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

I made this shrine quickly as an example of my old nicho collection and loteria card art, available here at VintageToGoEasy or here at Hoarder Rehab
or search under "nicho" or "loteria art" at any of the shops.


My continued dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 200 items at each shop!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 199 items, VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 199 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Looks like I need to list some new items tomorrow!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 Choose your poison: RIP toe tag drink markers or party place cards
Available in 20 count here or 100 count here 
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Related Stories:
 
 
2.  Blood Bag Candy Favors, Coroner Name Tags & Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 187 used as decorative centerpiece table confetti party decor.
 
3.  Syringe Pens:  The Destiny of Things, Story 186  used as art show gallery props.

Mini organ transplant containers, available here
 photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."---Plato

Thank you for stopping by and being part of my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment