Friday, May 29, 2015

My Panasonic KP 110 Electric Pencil Sharpener & Halt and Catch Fire Photo Shoot: The Destiny of Things, Story 296

My Panasonic KP 110 Electric Pencil Sharpener & Halt and Catch Fire Photo Shoot:  The Destiny of Things, Story 296

Another item of mine in Halt and Catch Fire!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
It's sold, but you can see it's listing here

This was ordered from a different Etsy buyer than my other ones, which were a couple of boxes of Gemco paper clips.  I know the paper clips had the potential to be props in AMC's Halt and Catch Fire for sure because those were shipped directly to the studio and the buyer sent me an email.

However, my electric Panasonic pencil sharpener went to San Franscicso and I was told it will be in a Halt and Catch Fire photo shoot, not quite sure what that entitles, but all in all, it's still exciting to see my hoard off to be useful in something special!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
It's sold, but you can see it's listing here

I first saw one like it on a utube video, not sure how I got there, but if I remember correctly, the self proclaimed geek or was it nerd? loved their Panasonic pencil sharpener so much and raved about it with such excitement, I decided to dig out mine and see if it would find a new life outside my teacher hoard!

I've gotten many inquiries on it, especially requests on how pointy sharp the pencils, so much so that we took a photo of how well it sharpens pencils.  (If you need to see how sharp the pencils get go to the last photo in this link here.) get and how long it's going to work and I've even gotten a complaint!  Someone emailed me and told me that hers only worked for the first 10 pencils and on and on.

All I can say about mine is that it was gently used in a classroom and is pretty children proof, in the sense, it has heavy duty rubber suction feet, so it can't move and fall off the table while in use.  It has an auto stop, so my students could not run down their pencils into little stubbies, which they loved to do!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
It's sold, but you can see it's listing here

I say gently used because I only used mine when the heavy duty district industrial one was either stolen or in the repair shop.  I only remember it being the the repair shop once.  Mostly it would get stolen, our school would get hit almost every weekend, especially if you were in the bungalows and for sure every holiday weekend. 

If it was stolen, I would have to wait until it was my day to order weekly supplies to get a new one and teaching without sharpened pencils is like teaching without paper or books!  (although I have taught without books when I didn't have any for over a month!) I would have a monitor sharpen 60 pencils to keep on hand for emergency situations, like weekend vandalism and keep them in the trunk of my car!  

I could go on and on once I get started!  Enough of those crazy memories!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
It's sold, but you can see it's listing here 

Saying Goodbye:  I am so happy to say this going on to a better life to see better days by being in a Halt and Catch Fire photo shoot!   I am so thankful for the Etsy buyer taking it away and along with it my crazy teaching day memories!  Good riddance!

However, when I saw that it sold, I was a tad sad and did experience a tiny bit of separation anxiety, which I used to experience a lot when I first start to dehoard on Etsy.

Now that I think about it, during my childhood and teen years I would experience separation anxiety from my parents.  I wonder if it got carried over to things?  Note to self: google that later.

I have one box left, if anyone is interested, contact us at hoarderrehab@gmail.com
 or read the story and email from the Halt and Catch Fire set or prop designer, here.  I've seen his name in the credits, but I told him I'd leave him anonymous.

What I Learned:

1.  So many of my memories are caught up in my hoarded items!  Some good and some bad and I never know which until something leaves.  Unfortunately with this one, I can still picture driving into the school parking lot every Monday, which was the first indication of school wide vandalism.  If there was a lot of trash, broken beer bottles and even bullet shells and syringes then I would go to my classroom with my fingers crossed.  

Also, I can still see my classroom bungalow vandalized weekend after weekend, the door handle being knocked off with a hammer or rock and all I know is I had it better than most!  Mine was never tagged up or had tempura paint thrown all over the walls, floors and ceilings or worse yet, any excrement!

Thank God those days are behind me and I can mainly focus on the happy teaching times!

2.  I haven't been neglecting my blog too much, have I? The good news is I've been sleeping and catching up on years and years of insomnia, so something has to give!  The bad good news is that I've been getting a lot of stories from Etsy buyers and they are starting to pile up now!

Thank you Etsy buyers for all your support in one way or more!


Maybe my 80s mini boom box will find a new life next! Available here 
photo via Hoarder Rehab


Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending me a tidbit of information on the new life of my electric pencil sharpener!   It always makes me smile and makes my day when someone takes the time to help me out!  Much appreciated.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab venue ever!  I can't thank you enough! I am so thankful that my items are making their own new stories and making new memories wherever they are!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 or maybe my 80s teacher chalk from Dooley's, available here.  Does anyone remember Dooley's Hardware Store in Long Beach, California and it's three blocks of "everything" shopping emporium, 10 cent hot dogs in 1972 and the big huge lumberjack standing in protection, hit me up!
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

My continued dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 200 items at each shop!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 201 items, The Destiny of Things- 199 items, VintageToGoEasy - 199 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 205 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Looks like I need to list some new items tomorrow!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 Who is going to be the first one to get an ulcer on Halt and Catch Fire?
Watch Season 2 beginning this Sunday, May 31st!  I will be!
Funny, yet practical stacking mug, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy 
 
Related Story from Halt and Catch Fire:
 
 
 80s Computasauras napkins designed by Cliff Galbraith, available herephoto via VintageToGoEasy 
 
Related stories from my inner city teaching days:
 
1.  Freddie the Frog:  Forgiving my inner city teacher past! Read here 

2.  Puffer Fish Boy Friend Christmas Gift:  Best student realia ever, read about it here  

3.  Receipt Spike and Service Bell:  Some of the best teacher tools ever

4.  How to Use 100 Corks:  Free teacher resource from my family and friends, here 

5.  Polaroid Camera Story:  teacher memories of trials and tribulations! 

6.  US Puzzle Maps here, more funny dark truthful funny teacher drama trauma! 

7.  90s Dixon Ticonderoga ORIOLE 267 Pencil Artist:  Post had me crying and today I'm angry and starting to feel sad again.  
 
"Love is not how you forget, but how you forgive.  Not how you listen, but how you understand.  Not what you see, but how you feel.  Not how you let go, but how you hold on."---Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment