Friday, May 8, 2015

Giraffe Cocktail Drink Charm Cake Topper: The Destiny of Things, Story 293

Giraffe Cocktail Drink Charm Cake Topper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 293

Traditionally used as cocktail drink charms, but are also known to sneak on cakes and.....

A small herd of 5 giraffes, available here

I'll let our Etsy buyer tell you her cute fun story.  Here is her email:

One of these little giraffes came on a sandwich I ordered in about 2010. I took it and put it in the console of my car. For some reason I really enjoy seeing it there. I've changed cars twice since then and have always made sure to take him with me.

About two weeks ago he went missing. It's such a silly thing, but it really bothered me. I looked everywhere and could not find him. Then one day I got out of my car and there he was in the driveway, but now he was a paraplegic and was missing an ear!

I thought about keeping my paraplegic giraffe, but thought that would be sort of sad. I decided to retire him and put him in with my other keepsakes. But, my car just wasn't right without the giraffe. I decided to search online and came across your shop. Once I saw the giraffes I knew I had to have them.

Good luck with all the changes that you're making in your life. Change is often difficult, but it can be very rewarding. I've recently made some big changes as well. I know how hard it is to change habits, thought patterns, and behaviors. But, it really is worth it.

A small herd of 5 giraffes, available here

Wow, she had her giraffe for five years!  Above is how they look on a beverage glass.  I bet one would look really cute on a sandwich too!  

And I can relate and know how over attached I can get to many of my favorite things! 

Here is what I wrote back:

Hi Lauren!

Wow! What a fantastic inspiring story! I love it and will use it on my blog this week! (and leave you anonymous) Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me your fun inspirational story and for the understanding words of encouragement.

And you are so right! It really is worth it. I've been dehoarding with purpose and consciously now for over 2 years and it's working! Well, on some days, better than others, but baby steps onwards and upwards!

Many many thanks for being such a big part of my Hoarder Rehab via JunkDrawerandMore and best wishes to your big changes as well!

Kindest regards,
Kennedy 

A small herd of 5 giraffes, available here

Saying Goodbye:  These little guys are have a strong link to my childhood memories.  I probably would have collected them all back then, but my brother and I would play with them all the time and I don't remember them surviving more than a week!

I started collecting them in the 80s when they were very difficult to find and through the years ended up with a herd of shoe boxes full of them!  From mermaids, monkeys, bulls, donkeys, elephants, camels and of course, giraffes.  The only one I don't have is a mouse and I've only seen it once and was outbid for it!  I wonder how many different others ones are out there....

Oh and I have one of each in all their various colors!

Get your own smaller set of 24, but in different colors here
or a mini set of 6 animals here

What I Learned:

1.  After I started letting go of my over abundance of these cocktail charms, Etsy buyers sent in their stories saying they were using them as cupcake and cake toppers too!  Now they are becoming very popular and appear to becoming another best seller item from my childhood!

2.  So it seems my dehoarding is turning into something else!  I was taking some of the proceeds to buy the colors that are more difficult to find, like pink mermaids, pink elephants and the elusive mouse, but I have kept my own collection down to one junk drawer.

3.  I think I might frame some in the same manner as the photo above.  Although, they do look much better on any cocktail glass, especially champagne, Margaritas and Martinis!

Mini set of 6 animals here

Thank you Etsy buyer from for sending me such an encouraging email, especially since I've been away from blogland for over a week or so. Thanks for inspiring to get back on track. Much appreciated.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab venue ever!  I can't thank you enough! I am so thankful that many Etsy buyers are sharing their fun sentimental back stories of special and favorite items!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

 Mini cocktail sampler with mermaid and animals, available here

I am maintaining at least 200 items at each shop!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 200 items, VintageToGoEasy - 204 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 202 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 Monkeys in 50 or 100 count, available here
 photo via Hoarder Rehab

Does anyone know what these are properly called?  Cocktail bar ware accessories just doesn't sound right to me....  There must be some kind of official name for these?

Most items sold in bulk are on Hoarder Rehab
Mermaids, available in 30, 50, 75 or 100 count, here

Thank you for stopping by and taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

"Onwards and upwards!"---MDF Club

No comments:

Post a Comment