Friday, May 22, 2015

2 Piece Yellow Raffle Tickets: The Destiny of Things, Story 295

2 Piece Yellow Raffle Tickets:  The Destiny of Things, Story 295

I get some fun interesting stories from Etsy buyers and here is one of them....

 125 two part raffle coupon tickets, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Hey what's going on?  

Thanks for the tickets. I'm not a teacher, I'm an electrician. The reason behind the purchase is due to the General Contractor requiring us to ride the bus from a parking lot 1 mile from the job site.  The only way to get inside the job site is by these yellow tickets. 

I'm a single full custody father to a 6 yr old and I can't imagine letting anything happen to him due to waiting for a ride back to my vehicle, so I get to park across the street thanks to you. 

We are building an additional tower to a children's hospital, it is a seven story building with 2 basements. I enjoy what I'm doing because I love helping children, especially kids with needs. I appreciate the sale. 

Have a good day

 125 two part raffle coupon tickets, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

So happy some yellow raffle tickets went to someone to help them save time and worry over their little one having to wait for a ride alone!  Who knew how handy these can be!

I asked if he was a teacher because these are a great teacher tool to teach so many different things.  I mainly used them for a homework reward and it was so fun and funny to teach math on how to better your odds to win the grand prize for raffle ticket time!  (Which was the last 10 minutes everyday with the grand prize raffle each Friday and premium prize every last day of the month!)

 125 two part raffle coupon tickets, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

These simple raffle tickets insure that the end of the day goes smoothly and in an orderly manner with clean up and pre dismissal time chores, like writing down homework, etc.  

It also improves listening skills and responsibility!  It must be quiet to hear the numbers being called out and who wants to be looking for their hard earned tickets during raffle time?  Be ready and prepared or who knows what one might miss!

Daily prizes were pencils, erasers, stickers, etc.  Grand prizes were in a treasure chest and some of the prizes were chosen by the class and were sometimes items they donated for the class new or recycled.  

Premium prizes were "My dog ate my homework, no worries" cards, first in line for a week, sitting next to your pick for a day (or an hour, depending on how long I could tolerate) and other things students prized the most.

These are the best "caught doing good" rewards to pass out too!

I think I've explained most of it for classroom use or read more it on as part of the description here.

These also make good party favors for raffle ticket time for any celebration of birthdays and weddings, especially at large events were food is being served and is a fun filler time activity while waiting for the next thing to begin.  

One doesn't need actual tangible prizes, they can be fun requests or sharing a memory about the host, or riddle or joke or getting a free drink.

 125 two part raffle coupon tickets, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  These are much more plentiful now than when I needed them teaching and I still use them in my card making.  I have more own stash saved and I do give these out as part of my "Thank you" package with each order.

What I Learned:

1.  One never knows how creative people are with how they are going to use something!  I am always surprised and amazed by the stories I receive.  So inspiring and fun!

2.  Speaking of inspiration, I haven't been very inspired lately with keeping up with my blog and I have a lot of stories piling up!  But I have been inspired and making huge progress on my hoarded up second room!  It doesn't look like a music art room yet, but I can safely say that there is enough space for the room to be vacuumed safely without worry of falling boxes!

As a matter of fact, I have made so much extra room that I am almost have enough extra space to empty my hoarded up truck and see what I've been storing in there for the past five years!

3.  I'm still not sleeping and getting up at 3 am, but I must say it's working in my favor because I am sure getting a whole lot more done!

Sample of some of the things that might be in a "Thank you" package with your order, which now includes a raffle ticket coupon just for fun!
or order the 20+ lucky fortune teller ephemera lot, here
 photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for sending me such a fun email! What a surprise to find such an interesting use for them! Thank you for taking the time to email me, it really made my day twice! Much appreciated.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab venue ever!  I can't thank you enough! I am so thankful that my items are making such new stories and new memories wherever they are!

Thank you all readers from all over the world who have stopped by to visit my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
 I made this card for a friend to give to her sweetheart, the other half of the raffle ticket is glued lightly on to the back to be easily removed and redeemed for said prize written on the inside!  The sacred heart doily card is available here
 
 
My continued dehoarding goal is to maintain at least 200 -180 items at each shop, while I spend more time dehoarding my extra cab long bed truck! 
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 199 items, VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 202 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking! 
 
Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment