Wednesday, January 11, 2017

St Therese Lisieux Holy Card for Mini Altoids Tin Art: The Destiny of Things, Story 428

St Therese Lisieux Holy Card for Mini Altoids Tin Art:  The Destiny of Things, Story 428

I wonder what her shrine looks like as a finished product......

1+ NEW vintage St Therese of Lisieux Holy Card, available here

Here is her note:

Great item and seller - fun extras too! I'm using the holy card(s) in miniature shrines made from Altoids tins. The extras (Love the fortune especially) have joined my collection of treasures that show up in cards, tags, etc. what a fun transaction! Thanks much.

I wonder which fortune items, she loved because there are several I put in each "thank you" packaging, but I'm so happy that they joined her collection of treasures!  I wish I could see her other creations also, like her cards and tags!

I've always wanted to make religious shrines and other pocket travel mixed media art boxes from Altoids tins, but I've never really liked Altoids, so I don't have any of their tins.  I wonder what else I could use instead of an Altoid tin!  Any suggestions out there?

I've added St Therese Altoids tin shrines to my 2017 New Year project list!  So fun!

1+ NEW vintage St Therese of Lisieux Holy Card, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I had a whole box of these, but I'm not sure how many I have left because I give these away often, but I'm sure I stashed some for myself!  I've always loved St Therese Lisieux, ever since I found her book in my chiropractor's library or waiting area, titled, "Saint Therese of Lisieux, The Little Flower"

I've always wanted to read her book of poems too.  Where's my reading list?

What I Learned:

1.  Most of religious items have found new homes and lives, but my religious collection seems to go on and on with a never ending stack of boxes!  I don't buy any religious items anymore, even though I still love the way they look and I haven't made any religious art in decades!

2.  I do seem to be hoarding bed sheet sets lately.  Our microwave conked out and we ended up at Target and they were having a sheet sale and I bought 3 sets (and one microwave)!  Yikes!  I just couldn't pass up some flannel denim colored sheets, flannel snowflake sheets and organic summer floral design ones!

I forgot to take pix of them last weekend and will do so this weekend and blog about it.  

3.  I have forgotten how much I LOVE Target, but I guess I should only go there once a year! until I learn how to control my love such good deals!

I have or had a huge collection of religious cards, but I'm not sure if they are lost in my hoard or I ended up giving them all away, but here are some I have a lot of, available here
Vintage Holy Mary, St Patrick and St Therese one or one of each
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sharing how you will be using your religious cards and for inspiring me to try the same!  I bet the Altoids tin is the perfect size for a Saint card. Maybe I'll make an interactive one, where the cards can be changed out for holidays and Saint day and such.

Also very motivating for me to continue on my Hoarder Rehab journey and to use my own accumulated things for art in finding alternatives for my hoarding ways!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Here is another one of my favorite Saints.  St Cecilia Eusepi, who I call the "The Little Clown" or "The Saintly Clown", which is named after her book, "The Story of a Clown"
Mini mixed media art, handmade by me in the 80s - 90s, available here

I have been relisting daily and started new listing almost daily too!  So check out the shops now for new items, ideas and inspiration!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 173 items, The Destiny of Things- 175 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 169 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Here is a little DIY St Therese Lisieux kit to make your own shrine or alter, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:






Another DIY little shrine kit of St Therese Lisieux or DIYjewelry assemblage with gift tag, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy






“Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.” St Therese Lisieux

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment