Friday, January 13, 2017

Vintage 70s Mustard Yellow Cameo Choker: The Destiny of Things, Story 429

Vintage 70s Mustard Yellow Cameo Choker:  The Destiny of Things, Story 429

Some people can visualize so well!  GNO?

The cameo choker above has sold out, but here are some DIY jewelry parts with a different cameo, so you can make one yourself, available here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here is the imaginative note I received:

Thank you so much for my necklace I absolutely love it! I was looking for something unusual to go with a burgundy velvet dress I was planning to wear for our girls night out next month. This will be perfect!

The cameo choker above has sold out, but here are some DIY jewelry parts with a different cameo, so you can make one yourself, available here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy

If I remember correctly, I think this went to the UK and she made a short internet visit all the way to the US to find something unusual for her "Girls Night Out!"  The first time someone told me they were going to use one of my purchases for a GNO, I had no idea what it meant!  How fun it must be to make special purchases just for your "Girl's Night Out!"

And I would have never guessed that a mustard yellow choker would go so well with a burgundy velvet dress!  but ever since she mentioned it, I can imagine the most perfect unusual match ever!

The cameo choker above has sold out, but here are some DIY jewelry parts with a different cameo, so you can make one yourself, available here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I've never been a fan of cameo jewelry and were given these pieces.  Now if someone made personalized cameos of my mom or my grandmother's or even Frida Kahlo (or other women I admire) I might find them more interesting, but until then, I think these are the last of the cameo jewelry and/or findings I have left in my hoard.

I think the pink sisterly love cameo fits perfectly on top of the white filigree metal piece and then that can be sewn on to a length of velvet ribbon, however I forgot to take a pix of them like that.
 DIY jewelry parts with a different cameo, so you can make one yourself, available here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  Some people have such a good imagination for matching things.  I do not, until I see them together, so that might be why I have so much hoard.  I think pieces are going to go well together in my mind and then when I go to try it, they don't go well at all!

I'm usually just slightly off when matching different color shades or it just doesn't feel right once I have the items together.  I'm a trial by error type, but I have been practicing visualization techniques, especially since I've been spending more time meditating, so there is hope for me! 

2.  I have a never ending supply of jewelry and jewelry parts in my hoard of hoards!  I was trying to match pieces with others in sets, but I think I'll have to save time and just start listing them in bulk!

3.  I'd love to make jewelry with all the parts I have, but since I can't wear jewelry due to allergies, nor do I wear jewelry that's not metal, even though I've tried ( wearing jewelry just makes me feel heavy or in the way ) so I'm caught up in a never ending conundrum with jewelry making and myself.

Large 2 inch sisterly love cameo locket, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for sharing your story and leaving me inspired with your matching unusual items together in perfect harmony!  I'm going to give up with being able to do that one day too!

Also very motivating for me to continue on my Hoarder Rehab journey and to focus on my conundrum about jewelry, jewelry parts and how to use my own accumulated jewelry for art, or bulk listings, as an alternative for my hoarding ways!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

More vintage bone jewelry parts waiting for a new life, available here

I have been new listings and relisting daily!  So check out the shops now for new items, ideas and inspiration!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 171 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 170 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

5 mix matched vintage lingerie or vintage diaper pins, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:

1.  I had this real hand carved cameo since college.  It was from my dear college buddy's Mom.  Ever wonder why some cameos face to the left or right?  I did.  Find out why here: Left Facing Cameo Pendant Brooch:  The Destiny of Things, Story #136 

The story above also has a Louis Vuitton steamer trunk, that I had found thrifting for 10 dollars, during college and used as a coffee table as a starving student!

Now that I think about I'm kinda surprised that I don't miss my Louis Vuitton collection, however I should have never given my Louis trunk away!


3.  My Louis Vuitton Collection Update from May 3, 2013:  2nd to the Last of Piece of my LV Collection Good-Bye 

More vintage mix matched jewelry parts waiting for a new life, available here

Happy Friday the 13th!  How superstitious are you?  I am not superstitious.  Some interesting trivia, the fear of the number 13 has been given a scientific name: "triskaidekaphobia"

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment