Thursday, January 5, 2017

2017 New Year Date Stamp Mechanical: The Destiny of Things, Story 426

2017 New Year Date Stamp Mechanical:  The Destiny of Things, Story 426

Etsy buyers are so fun and creative!  This made me smile wide!  BEFORE:

2017 to 2026, some may have to 2027, but I can't check them all, so just to be safe, let's just say til 2026.  Still will last for many years! available here

Not only did the "after" photo make me smile wide, I don't know why, but every time I see it it makes me chuckle and giggle too!  This one really made my day!

Here's the note the update photo came with:

Using the date stamp to mark my fresh laid eggs!  AFTER:

Someone was busy on Christmas day trying out their new date stamper! Thank you so much for making my day more creative!  2017 date stamp available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore Etsy buyer!  

Some day I would love to have a few chickens for fresh organic eggs, but until then I'll dream and save my date stamper for them!

Saying Goodbye:  When I was a teacher, I used to keep 3 date stampers!  I kept one at my desk to use daily, but especially for redundant class paper work, like field trip slips, I kept one for the date monitor to pass around, so every student would have a chance to remember their name and date on all assignments and I kept one at home for grading papers for those that needed to remember their name and date on assignments.

Thankfully, I am retired now and use mine all the time for packaging letters and my art.  I just love how this date stamper looks on blue graph paper with red lettering.  I also like how it stamps the day first, then the month and the year last.

I also love the simple detail that the 2017 date stamper has a flat side and a rounded side handle.  The flat side is helps to remind me that the date will be stamped right side up, instead of upside down.  This is a photo of the flat sided end.  The rounded side of the handle is shown in the first photo.
2017 date stamp available here 

What I Learned:

1.  These date stampers are used by Etsy buyers in many different ways, but this one takes the cake!  What a great way to know exactly how fresh every egg laid is!  Other uses include, in order of popularity being journal art, scrap books for weddings and other milestone events, office record keeping and more that I can't remember at the moment!

2.  Another one of my teacher destash that has become popular items at our shops!  And believe me, these may last at least 10 years or less, but the last time my classroom date stamper ran out in years, finding a new one was like finding a needle in the hay stack!

And name and date on student's assignments went down hill quickly without this little tool, which doesn't sound so bad until you take into account that classrooms have 20-30 students and most teachers teach at least 8 different subjects a day, now multiply that by 30 students and that's about 250 papers with names and dates on them or NOT daily!

 I really need to update these photos, but there is so little time these days with my wellness recovery program, but here is an example of the date stamper lay out with day first, then month and lastly the year.
2017 date stamp available here 

3.  Here is a very helpful teacher tip that I used throughout my teaching career.  Every teacher has a record book to keep track of grades and homework, etc and students names are recorded in alphabetical order by last name first.

In my record book, each student has a number by their last name alphabetically and I would tell each student that that was their secret spy number and to add it by their name and circle their secret number on each assignment, so when the paper monitor collected all the papers, he or she would put the papers in order by their secret number and they would already be in alphabetical order.

Then when you have time to grade them, you know who was absent that day or did not turn in an assignment very quickly and they once graded, much easier to record in your grade book.

Now if you can set up your classroom so that everyone is already seated in alphabetical order that saves a lot of time too, but it doesn't always work due to all the talkers that need to be separated.

4.  I wanted to spend more time about how I made it through my winter holiday stress and how much I spent on retail therapy this year! but all the time went to memories of my record keeping days as a teacher.  There's always tomorrow!

How will you use your 2017 date stamper?

 I sometimes use them for the back of my art, especially if it's art in a series.
Front of Butterfly Meadows, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sharing your creative use of your 2017 date stamp!  It was so fun for me and inspired my day by bringing back old memories and makes me giggle every time I see your update photo!  
Also very motivating for me to continue on my Hoarder Rehab journey and to use my own date stamper for art in finding alternatives for my hoarding ways!!

 


I just love how these bring back old memories while making new ones!
 

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Back of Butterfly Meadows with example of how to use the mechanical date stamper, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
I am just coming out of my winter holiday food coma!  and can start thinking about my 2017 New Year's Resolutions now!  With one being, no more sugar at celebrations, okay, maybe just one, but not two or more!
I usually have them written down by now, but not this year, however I don't think it's ever too late to start them.  Some years, I don't write them down til March or rewrite them in July.  Of course, as a recovering hoarder, I have each year saved some where dating back to the late 80s til last year!
 Front of Butterflies and Bows, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 



I have been relisting almost daily and started new listing almost daily too!  So check out the shops now for new things!
I have plans to list new items on JunkDrawerAndMore tomorrow!



Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 167 items, The Destiny of Things- 167 items, VintageToGoEasy - 174 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 160 items. 

 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Back of Butterflies and Bows, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore    

Related Stories: 


2.  My other "must have" teacher tools, I kept close at hand:   Service Bell and Receipt Spike  

3. Mechanical Date Stamper 2016 for Mixed Media Art & Mini Signs:  The Destiny of Things, Story 364 & 365

4.  A kindergarten teacher saving time using this date stamper, here!  A "destiny as infinity" story!

5.  For scrapbooks, Mechanical Rubber Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 19

How many New Year's Resolutions do you have this 2017?  I usually have several pages, but this year I'm going to see if I can simply with just one!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 
 
"Onwards and Upwards!"  MDF CLUB 

No comments:

Post a Comment