Friday, March 24, 2017

Simple Mechanical Library Date Stamp for 2017: The Destiny of Things, Story 444

Simple Mechanical Library Date Stamp for 2017:  The Destiny of Things, Story 444

This story comes with an update photo!  BEFORE:

 Simple easy to use mechanical library style date stamp, available here

Here is the note I receieved:

Thank you so much for my library stamp! I'm using it in my bullet journal and travelers notebook. Such a great find from a great shop! 😊

Of course I'd want a full tour of her travelers notebook and especially her bullet journal because I'm not even sure what a bullet journal is, so I googled it!

Interesting!  I use something like a bullet journals to track my habits, daily supplement intake and exercise, but mine are just on graph paper.

I wish I could see more of how she uses hers, but what I can see is cool!  Love the little details I can see, especially the cute hand drawn flowers and the diamond clip.

AFTER:

 Love her handwriting and the March flower design!
photo via kind Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore
Simple easy to use mechanical library style date stamp, available here

I keep a lot of journals myself, but none of mine are fancy or decorated or even colorful, like the ones I googled.  I have one to keep track of our feral cats, that journal is named, "Catlandia."  I have one for finances, budget and investments, which I call, "Multiple Streams of Income" and I have several "self developement" journals.  And the journal I use everyday, is my Etsy journal.

My Etsy journal keeps track of our hours, "to do" lists, ideas, profits and fees, my favorite quotes, reminders and tons of other stuff.

Maybe this will inspire me to use colored pens, stickers or at least draw a little design here and there, like the flowers in the Etsy buyer's journal!

 Above is an example of what the date looks like stamped.  I use my stamper almost everyday, at least 3 times a week, when I write out "thank you" note packaging for all our outgoing orders.
Simple easy to use mechanical library style date stamp, available here

Saying Goodbye:  When I was teaching, this was a life saver!  I don't know about you, but my students would have difficulties remembering to write their name and dates on all their papers and this simple tool would help them to remember and it became fun to remember their name and date!

So I would pass the date stamper and ink pad around or the date stamp monitor or team table leader would before journal writing and other assignments and everyone would get to stamp the date on their papers, which would also help them to remember to put their names on the assignment too!

Now that I am retired, I use it for many other things, like my art!  Well, on the back of my art.

 Example of the back of my washi tape Gee's Bend quilt inspired art, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  I do love to stamp!  And everytime an Etsy buyer shares their date stamp journaling, I do start one, but it only lasts about 3 days.  So let's see what happens this time!

2.  A bullet journal or date stamp journal could be an alternative to help my hoarding ways.  I wonder if I should add a Hoarder Rehab journal to my self development journals or just incorporate it before I have a hoard of journals!

3.  As a recovering hoarder, this is how my over thinking begins and I end up doing nothing about the Hoarder Rehab journal except thinking about it over and over or starting one and not keeping up with it.  I think it best if I just incorporate it into some of my other self development journals.

How many journals do you have?  This year, I'm already on my second Etsy journal and right now at my desk, I have 3 other journals, not including my Etsy ones.  Some of these journals are tabbed, for example my self development journals are divided into different areas, like heart, mind, body and soul.

Here is the front of that last piece of my washi tape Gee's Bend quilt inspired art, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time to share your story and how you use your library date stamp!  It has inspired me once again, to start using the date stamp during my journal time!
 
Also thank you for the best part, your update photo! 

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

 Here is another set of rubber stamps I use plenty for my "thank you" packaging, especially the bunny rabbit one, since Easter is coming!  I use them to make thank you stickers as closures for Etsy orders.  Cute wooden animal rubber stamps, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Next week, I am returning to my new experiment of Etsy of listing items until I got to 180-185 items listed on each shop.
 
And it took me about a day to try out the new Etsy Studio on one of my shops  I'm interested, but will have to figure out how to use it to my best advantage! I am waiting to see if that one shop does better with the new Etsy Studio format. 
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 175 items, The Destiny of Things- 178 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 175 items.

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

 Examples of how I use these cute stamps to make closure stickers for our Etsy orders and packaging. 
Cute wooden animal rubber stamps, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:  So many fun and creative uses for this date stamp!

1.   For marking her chickens fresh laid eggs with an update photo!  2017 New Year Date Stamp Mechanical:  The Destiny of Things, Story 426 


6.  Mechanical Rubber Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 190

"Be curious, not judgmental." ---Walt Whitman 

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment