Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Simplistic Sterling Cross Pendant: The Destiny of Things, Story 446

Simplistic Sterling Cross Pendant:  The Destiny of Things, Story 446

Very cool and beautiful!  BEFORE:

I have and had quite the cross collection from the 80s to present, so thankful this one found a new life with just the right person!
More cross jewelry available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Here is the short and sweet note I received with an update photo!

Perfect size and wonderful simplistic details. Goes very well with my style.

It wasn't until she mentioned that this piece had wonderful simplistic details that I finally took a good look at this cross and could see them myself!  She has a great eye and style!

I love how beautiful it looks around her neck!  I am so thankful a piece of my hoard matched up with the right person!

AFTER:

As a recovering hoarder, I am so thankful this cross found a new life and I can see from the photo, it went to just the right person!
More cross jewelry available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Saying Goodbye:  After taking the time to appreciate this cross and see the details she is talking about, I did feel a little FOMO, fear of missing out, which used to happen a lot to me as a recovering hoarder and now, less and less.  I did have to remind myself that I can not wear metal jewelry due to allergies before more FOMO set in!

More cross jewelry available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

What I Learned:

1.   As a recovering hoarder, it's getting so much easier to let things go as the years go by, like 5 years!  Yes, it's taken 5 years to be able to let my hoard go little by little painlessly and now happily.

In the beginning, it was extremely heart wrenching to let go of my hoard at each shop.  I would get high anxiety, get overwhelmingly nervous, my heart would pound, my stomach would ache and worst of all, I felt like something horribly terrible and devastating was going to happen to me if I let it go and finally, I'd procrastinate with shipping it off to it's last minute!

Seeing it go off into the world of mail didn't help me feel any better either.  Only practicing letting each piece go one by one and letting go of it's memory or whatever it was that was holding me back helped me, eventually over time.

Then one day a kind Etsy shop owner passed me a tidbit of information, I forget what the therapy is called, I think it starts with an H and I have it written down somewhere, lol.  But it gave me hope because basically she told me it was going to get easier and easier with each item leaving until one day it would it wouldn't bother me at all and I'd be over it!

I think I'm almost there now!

 Here is my latest favorite cross that I have recently listed, available here
It will be interesting to see how I feel when this piece finds a new home!
photo via VintageToGoeasy

2.  Another thing that has helped me to stop hoarding is to find alternatives and other things to get interested in.  It's taken me awhile and I've gone through some alternatives that just gave me another excuse to hoard in a different manner, but I think I've finally found something that is going to stick!

It's the complete opposite of hoarding and is called, "saving money!"  Ha!  Eureka!  Well, actually the bigger picture is to help others and other living things, like feral cats in our community and to do that I will need to save money.

Right now I'm working on my small dreams of helping others with donating 10% of profits from all the shops to charities close to my heart and I want to build on that 10% until it's a much larger amount.

 My love for crosses started in the 80s and I didn't stop at jewelry!  For some reason, I loved to collect sick call cross shaped boxes too! available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

3.  So right now, I am very excited about closing the door on my hoarding ways with my new dreams and projects and look forward to see where they take me!

Which doors would you like to close and which doors will you open next?

 I loved crosses so much, I even made some!  Which did not help my hoarding ways because I have an accumulated amount of charms and trinkets too!
The garden milagro helped me turn my black thumb into a green one, available here.  Lover's cross helped my brother find true love, available here
 
Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoeasy your short and sweet note with my favorite, an updated photo made my day that day and today!  I appreciate the time and energy you took to do this for me!  Thank you!

And even though I felt a tinge of seller's remorse because of what you said about the cross and how good it looks on you, it gave me a good reminder that I needed to remember that I can't wear metal jewelry anymore!  So double thanks!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 Here's a standing cross from a famous Peruvian artist, Claudio Jimenez, who makes his crosses from local items, like plaster, paint, paper mache, family cat hair and cactus needles for his paintbrushes, boiled potato, peach and agave juice, gypsum, available here.  His art inspired me to make my cross art!  Thank you Mr. Jimenez!  Photo via VintageToGoeasy
 
I had some stressful Etsy setbacks yesterday and was wiped out for the rest of the day.  I want to learn how to better handle retail setbacks and issues too! 
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 174 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 184 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 171 items.

Looks like JunkDrawerAndMore and HoarderRehab need a refill first!  I'll be listing for sure tomorrow!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 This would be my favorite bracelet if I wasn't allergic to metals!
 Instant 20 religious charm bracelet, it has a cross medal to the far right of the bracelet on the very end of it, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7.  This Etsy buyer shared an update photo with her huge collection of charms she made into a necklace and it has many religious medals, including a cross:  Spirit Dove Religious Medal Added to Huge Charm Necklace:  The Destiny of Things, Story 442 
 
 If I wasn't allergic to metal jewelry, I'd be wearing this as one of my favorites too!
 Instant 18 religious charm necklace mostly sterling silver, available here
It has a cross scapular type medal, 5th charm from the upper left side
 
"Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time." ---Lyndon B. Johnson.  
 
I am so thankful that I took my first steps 5 years ago!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!


No comments:

Post a Comment