Friday, March 17, 2017

Spirit Dove Religious Medal Added to Huge Charm Necklace: The Destiny of Things, Story 442

Spirit Dove Religious Medal Added to Huge Charm Necklace:  The Destiny of Things, Story 442

Her charm necklace was started the day she was born!  So cool!  BEFORE:

 This design is sold out, but we have another one like it with clouds and light rays with a spirit dove in the middle, available here

Here is the email I received from this gracious Etsy buyer:

Dear Kennedy,

Please feel free to share my photo and story on your blog. The photo attached is my new charm necklace.

When I was born in 1970 my mom started a charm bracelet for me. Over the years my mother and grandmother put many charms on it and as I've grown I've continued to add charms I like as well as ones from my husband, children and friends to it! I have just in the last month converted it into a necklace. The most important thing to me in my life is God! So I want to make sure that my charm necklace represents me accurately. I have a beautiful Amber cross which reminds me that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died so that I would be set free from the burden of sin and in receiving him and believed in his name he gave us the right to become children of God and inherit The Kingdom with Him someday! My mother gave me a beautiful praying hands charm which I love because I'm so thankful for the access Christ gave us to the King of Kings and the God of the universe. My recent additions were a Bible, because I love the Lords word it is truth, and the beautiful holy spirit charm (I bought from you) that reminds me how thankful I am for His guidance and council He gives me here on earth. Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. 
Ephesians 1:3
Our God and Savior, desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:3-5
 
I pray that you would know our Lord and Savior if you do not know him already.
God bless you and much love to you,
Kristy Rosenbaum

AFTER:  This is just beautiful!  A collection since 1970!  So amazing!  Take a look!  photo via Etsy buyer

I spy my spirit dove charm on the top right of the necklace almost next to her amber cross.  The praying hands medal is to your left, close to the "I heart my cat charm!"

I love it all!  What a great collection!  I lost count at 43 charms!  Where is the jealous button?

This design is sold out, but we have another one like it with clouds and light rays with a spirit dove in the middle.  It also has Pray for Us and marked Itlay on the back, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I do love my religious medal collection and went on a buying spree during the 80s to 90s to make religious art, but lost interest after about 2-3 years.  I wore a lot of it, but now that I'm allergic to most metals, I hope they all find new lives and good homes, like the Etsy buyer, Kristy!

Here is a similar one, but with clouds and light rays with a spirit dove in the middle.  It also has Pray for Us and marked Itlay on the back, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I need to use what I have, instead of going on art supply buying sprees!  One of the many issues I have as a recovering hoarder is "everything" has potential.  A thought of how to use this or that will go through my mind and by the time I get it in the mail either the idea or the inspiration is gone.

I have a hoard of projects going through my head and I think I need this or that to finish it, but in reality, I should just use what I have.

2.  So one of my biggest solutions, as a recovering hoarder is to change the way I think!  I have all kinds of reasons to collect, tons of flowing ideas for art projects, so many memories and feelings (good and bad) stored inside each piece of my hoard.

 Sterling silver spirit dove 5 way scapular cross on the front and on the back it's a 3 way scapular cross, available here
The scapular cross includes St Joseph, St Anne, the Guardian Angel, Infant of Prague, St Christopher, Miraculous Mary and Jesus Sacred Heart!

3.  Sometimes I just buy a piece because of it's beauty, but how much beauty do I need in objects?  I know I can find alternatives, like growing and arranging my own flowers.

Sometimes I buy things because it's just easy retail therapy and it helps me to let out some accumulated steam that's going to burst.  It seems to help my anxiety and stress too.  I feel better after buying something, like eating a piece of chocolate as an afternoon pick me up, but does it really help me and is it really that healthy?

4.  I also think that being surrounded by my hoard in some ways makes me feel safe.  I haven't quite figured that out yet, but I know I will figure it out and then I can change my thinking about it.

How can you change your thoughts to make your life better?  This Hoarder Rehab journey has definitely benefited my changing my thoughts towards my hoard and about myself as a recovering hoarder!

Mini 5 way scapular cross with a spirit dove in the middle, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from  VintageToGoEasy for taking the time to share your story!  and sending an updated photo!  I just love to see my hoard in it's new life and new home!
 
I can't thank you enough for your time and kindness!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

 Larger heavier sterling 5 way scapular cross with a spirit dove in the middle, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

I was trying a new experiment on Etsy and listing items until I got to 180-185 items listed on each shop, but Etsy has introduced another addition to it's new format, called Etsy Studio?  I'm interested, but will have to figure out how to use it to my best advantage! 
 
I think it'll take me about week to change everything using the new addition to the format, or at least I hope so because it only seems directed to supplies, so wish me luck! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 185 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 178 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 The cross to the right has a descending spirit dove on it, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 
Related Stories:
 
 

 
4.  One of my favorite teacher charm bracelets:  Teacher Alphabet Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story LVII 
 
 
 Instant 20 religious charm bracelet, it has a tiny spirit dove medal to the left of the bracelet, 4 down from the red one, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 Instant 18 religious charm necklace mostly sterling silver, available here
Note to self, check to see if it has a spirit dove!

Happy St Patrick's day!  I saved this post for St Patrick's day because St Patrick was known to teach the trinity by using a shamrock clover.  Each leaf represents the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The shamrock is also the national plant of Ireland!

Here is the art I was making in 1980s to 90s because I loved religious Mexican Folk Art.  Ever since I saw a banner full of milagros at the Mengei in San Diego, I have been collecting milagros since that time too!  However, milagros were very difficult to find back then, so I started to collect religious medals and other charms instead.  The garden milagro helped me turn my black thumb into a green one, available here.  Lover's cross, available here
 
"Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time." ---Lyndon B. Johnson  

Thank you all for stopping by!  Have a fun and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment