Friday, March 31, 2017

Baby Chenille Easter Chicks in Gumball Capsules: The Destiny of Things, Story 447

Baby Chenille Easter Chicks in Gumball Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 447 & 448

Peep, peep peep!  Spring is here!

 Perfect the for Easter egg or Easter baskets, middle prize in Easter surprise balls, toppers for your Easter cupcakes or for your Easter pinata filler fun!  Available here.
 Photo via Hoarder Rehab

I have received two cheery notes about these!

First one:  Super cute, great for Easter/spring decorations!

and the second one:  So fun! Just like the chicks I received as a child. Shipping was fast, highly recommended!

 Perfect the for Easter egg or Easter baskets, middle prize in Easter surprise balls, toppers for your Easter cupcakes or for your Easter pinata filler fun!  Available here.
 Photo via Hoarder Rehab

I use mine for Easter spring decorations too!  They are fun and funny to hang on flower arrangements, terrariums, bonsai trees and other plants upside down and standing up, if the branch or stem is thick enough to hold them place between their legs.

I also use them on the rim of cups, vases and my science beakers and vials.  My favorite are the ones I call rejects!  because they have much more character and quirky personalities.

They have a lot of detail for being so mini, like tiny black bead eyes, a little beak, tiny wings and orange feet.  Some of them came without eyes, so I just glued on wiggle googly eyes and they are even more silly fun now!

 They come in four cute colors, yellow, blue and almost neon pink and green!
The capsule bottom colors will vary and the capsule protects them from excess frosting on the cupcakes and become perfect pocket toys for children and the young at heart!  Available here.
 Photo via Hoarder Rehab 

I remember these from fun childhood memories too!  Every year, I loved my Easter basket filled with the plastic Easter eggs filled with prizes and candies!  Mine had these baby chicks in them too and I loved keeping mine as a pocket travel companion.

I also loved to rearrange my Easter basket.  I would take everything out and then put it all back in just so!  Kept me busy for hours!  So fun!

 I just love how each one ends up look like it has it's own personality and can't wait to get out and run wild!  Available here.
 Photo via Hoarder Rehab 

Saying Goodbye:  As I mentioned before, I save all the cute little runts that someone might not want due to little defects, like missing an eye, beak, wing or has difficulties standing on it's own.  Sometimes they arrive to me very squashed too, so I have quite of few of these around the house.

I just love the pop of color they give as plant jewelry, a little seasonal addition to my hanging mixed media art or as a fun unique way to decorate a cupcake!

They have arrived in a truckload just in time for Easter and spring and are ready to peep their way into the hearts and memories of all ages!  Available here.
 Photo via Hoarder Rehab 

What I Learned:

1.  Hoard smaller things!  Seriously, as a recovering hoarder, that used to be my mindset, but I have evolved since then into someone who is no longer buying random impulsive items that I love or just have to have!

However I used to hoard furniture, especially antique and vintage Japanese tansus or storage cabinets.  I have about 9-10 ranging in large to small from my step tansu, kimono tansu and sewing boxes, etc.  I should take a photo of all my tansus, but here is the closest example I could find to my step tansu.

So evolving to hoarding smaller items, like the baby chicks was like winning a small battle in the beginning of my rehab.

 I had wanted one of these since my college days, when I saw one in a window display, but it was way out of my budget.
I just love tansus, but my tansu shopping days are over!
 I use the steps as shelf display areas.
Photo via Michael Scarborough Designs here

2.  I read something today that reminded me, how scary it was for me to admit to myself that I was a hoarder!  It started one day when I made a list of my collections and the list became pages!  See my list here.

I still wasn't convinced I was a "total" hoarder, until one day, it was like I got hit in the head with a boulder and I asked myself, is my hoard getting in the way of my life?  Is it taking up space and time, I could be using more productively and creatively?  Yes, yes and yes!

3.  Here are the words, I read today that reminded me of how far I've come from one of Louise Hay's books, "We cannot reject a part of ourselves and still be in harmony within."

4.  I used to totally reject myself as a hoarder, which just fueled my fire to hoard more.  Yes, it was like pouring gas on a fire to try and put it out!  but now I embrace myself as a recovering hoarder and I now feel more and more harmonious as each day goes by.

If you need empty capsules to fill with your own items, here are some in all pastel colors for Easter, baby showers or other spring celebrations, available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

Thank you Etsy buyers from Hoarder Rehab  your short and sweet notes cheered me on and I am so thankful when these bring back old memories, while making new ones!
 
I hope everyone makes some wonderful Easter memories this year!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
What are some of your favorite Easter childhood memories?  I remember learning how to make some huge sugar eggs with my Aunt.  The kind with a peep hole with a scene inside.  
 
I spent hours making my scene and learning how to make beautiful frosting flowers!  and kept it forever without one nibble.  Which by that time, I think my brother had eaten most of his outside frosting.
 
"Giggling Eggs of my 5th Easter"
As you can see, I fell back on those memories with my students as I made examples of how to make abstract Easter art with a sponge, back during my teaching days in the 80s or 90s, print available here
 Photo via Hoarder Rehab  
 
I am rested, back on track and motivated to list new things this weekend!  I have reached my goal at two shops with 180 items listed at each shop!  Two more shop to go!
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 174 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 185 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 174 items.

Looks like JunkDrawerAndMore and HoarderRehab need a refill first!  I'll be listing for sure tomorrow!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 "Sweaty Eggs in the hot sun"
As you can see, I fell back on those memories with my students as I made examples of how to make abstract Easter art with a sponge, back during my teaching days in the 80s or 90s, print available here

Related Stories:

 
 
 
4.  Stamp your fresh egg date at your chicken farm:  2017 New Year Date Stamp Mechanical:  The Destiny of Things, Story 426 
 
 
 Sweet pink cute bunny rabbit inside a gumball capsule too!
Available here
Photo via The Destiny of Things
 
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins from his novel, "Still Life with Woodpecker"  
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment