Monday, April 3, 2017

Mini Glassine Bags for Soap Samples: The Destiny of Things, Story 449

Mini Glassine Bags for Soap Samples:  The Destiny of Things, Story 449

Cute and eco friendly mini glassine transparent bags!

 Choose your amount from 10 to 100+ mini glassine bags, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the sweet note I received:

Loved them! Perfect for my soap samples (as you guessed correctly!) thank you for the lovely note and extra goodies.  

I am always wondering how my hoard is being used and sometimes I take a guess and I got this one correct!   And you have to check out her shop of yummy soaps, Bee's Botanicals here!  She has vegan Soaps body Essentials, and organic dried botanicals.

If you are like me and have outrageous allergies to all things commercial or conventional, I did spy some organic soaps in her shop too!  I'd love to try some, just not sure how my skin would react.  

I use a Whole Foods soap that I'm not allergic too and when I'm feeling brave will try an unscented organic soap from them because if I have a reaction I can return it for a full refund due to my allergies.

From my mini art to loose sample beads to a secret or special note!
Choose your amount from 10 to 100+ mini glassine bags, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

As you can see above, I use these bags all the time for "thank you" packaging, which goes inside a larger bag and it all holds a sampler of items we sell at our shops.  

I also use them for gifting little stuff and love them because I can put a small to tiny valuable gift, like folded mad money or birthday money or a sterling charm or pendant inside and then put that mini bag inside a larger bag and it won't get lost with the items I put in the larger bag.

They also can be turned into cute envelopes and gift tags!   Maybe you'll think of a way to use them for fun packaging this Easter! or Mother's day!

FYI, a credit card or gift card or business card will not fit inside one of these!
Choose your amount from 10 to 100+ mini glassine bags, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I love glassine and vellum bags and envelopes and have my own small collection of them.  (My collection fits in a small take out box)  I use them to package my small ACEO ATC art, gift tags and Holy prayer cards too because not only are they protected on the outside by paper, but I love how I can still see the product through the protection.

Here is an example of how I turned a glassine bag into a gift tag with a mini 2 fold card inside it.  Just punch a hole, add a donut sticker and loop through some raffia, ribbon or twine.  This handmade by me washi tape quilt inspired card is available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

What I Learned:

1.  More of my hoard than I ever thought is becoming popular on our shops (I call these popular shop items, "rehoard of mine," since now I have a better use for them now) and am so thankful they continue to go out in the world!

2.  I've been trying to shift my ideas on hoarding and here is today's:  "Hoarding is like everything else in this life, it is a mirror of my inner thoughts and beliefs."   I could beat myself up with negative thoughts about me and my hoard, but I've learned that won't get me far and most likely trigger my anxiety about to hoard more, so I've been slowly changing my thoughts and ideas.

 More of my Gee's Bend inspired quilt art cards with glassine bags made into gift tag envelopes, available herePhoto via Hoarder Rehab

3.  There are probably many reasons why I hoard, but I know one of them was because I didn't think I was good enough and having all these things around me that I could accumulate made me feel like I was filling a deep hole within myself, until one day I realized the hole was bottomless and the only thing I could fill it with my highest good and my highest self.

4.  So with my thinking and ideas shifting, I can see other things in my life shifting too, like my dreams, ideas and beliefs about myself and even my health is shifting into more positive habits and different ways of thinking.

How has shifting your thoughts help you today?  I've noticed I've been shifting my thoughts more and more each day and Lent has really helped me with shifting thoughts for finding alternatives to my fried food addition and I don't even need caffeine in the morning anymore!  Yippee!

 Here are the larger glassine bags I use for "thank you" packaging (to the right you can see a sample of a "thank you" package with a fortune fish inside it) and occasionally popcorn movie night!  I like to put the mini bag inside the larger bag when I have something tiny that I don't want to get lost in the mix of the larger bag, like a valuable gift of money or jewelry.
Larger 7x3 glassine food bags with a gusset to hold popcorn and other party favors in 10-30 count, available here.  In larger counts of 50 to 100+, available here.   Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Bee's Botanicals for your kind note and answering my guess to you!  It keeps me going on my Hoarder Rehab journey and I am so thankful that others are "out there" doing their best by using as much eco friendly packaging as possible!

Here are some of on my wish list when I heal myself of my allergies, her pound of oops soap sampler that doesn't look oopsy at all, just simply beautiful to me, here, you know how I just love to buy stuff for the packaging and hers is beautiful, even love her logo, so I'd want this just to see how she folded it up so nicely, here.
 
She also has an organic collection with some amazing smelling scents, like coffee, ginger snaps, Eucalyptus, Sandalwood (which are my favorite smells) and more, check them out here. 
 
I love her profile statement and I think it describes what I want too, to live more down to earth and more.... read it here
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 Here are some art cards I made in the 80s to 90s and I was using a wax paper bag to package them in.  I haven't seen wax paper bags for sale in decades!  Has anyone seen them recently at grocery stores?  vintage handmade by me card, available here.  This is a "I'm sorry" card, the inside reads, "will resume soon."  These were so fun to make, I made a hoard of these cards back then, I lost count at 800!
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
I listed some new things last weekend and I have reached my goal of listing 180+ items at two shops!  Two more shops to go!
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 184 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 177 items.

Looks like JunkDrawerAndMore and HoarderRehab need a refill first!  I'll be listing more this week!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
   This is a "I'm sorry" card, the inside reads, "will resume soon."  These were so fun to make, I made a hoard of these cards back then, I lost count at 800!  Vintage handmade by me card, available here.
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Related Stories:
 
 
2.  For gifting foods as party favors, since these are FDA approved food safe:  Glassine Transparent Wax Like Bag Envelopes:  The Destiny of Things, Story 261 
 
 
My love for semi transparency is alive and apparent!
 My wax paper tissue paper mixed collage, available here
Photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 
"I count him braver who overcomes his desires, than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is the victory over self." ---Aristotle
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment