Friday, April 7, 2017

30+ Pink Items in Diamond Desk Inspiration: The Destiny of Things, Story 451

30+ Pink Items in Diamond Desk Inspiration:  The Destiny of Things, Story 451

An over the top note makes my day with my favorite, an update photo!

This one has sold out, but I have one like it that is pirate themed, available here

Here is the over the top fun note I received with an update photo:

Omg! Best timing for me to get this in the mail, ever. Actually best thing I've gotten in the mail for awhile QwQ Loved everything and love the penny sticker for my thoughts best, while the Tooth Saver treasure chest is my second fav! My love for dorky puns beats my nostalgia craving XD Mostly I love, how even if Pink may be my least fav color, none of the items were girly to me. Piggies, hearts, praying mantis, even the flowers aren't girly in my eyes. I'm so happy and really appreciate the note too! Hope this review encourages not only more customers but also you to keep doing what you do. Thank you again X3

 Of course, I'm wondering what her favorite color is, since it's not pink!  and of course, I'm wondering what she is going to do with her new found inspiration!
photo via kind Etsy buyer

What a sweet surprise from such a kind and appreciative Etsy buyer!  And to think pink is her least favorite color and she still ordered and loved it!  I am so thankful!

The timing couldn't be better for both of us!   It's been a difficult week and this has inspired me to keep dehoarding and that it's worth all the time and effort.

Also, I am so happy that her favorite in the "thank you" packaging was the penny sticker and her thoughts, so kind of her to let me know!  Not many acknowledge the "penny for your thoughts" and I feel so heartfelt, when someone does!  Thank you so much!

And everything, but the pretty in pink praying mantis fit in the diamond box!
This one has sold out, but I have one like it that is pirate themed, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I had made several different kinds of these diamond box desk inspirations, but they took years to sell and a long time to make and then double check them, so I no longer make them...... but her note was so inspiring I might reconsider. 

Here is my second to last one, that is Hello Kitty themed in red and pink, available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

What I Learned:

1.  Some things I've listed on our shops are a "labor of love," but not really worth my time and effort for listing because it's just not profitable.  This type of item is one of them.  I think I've made about 10 different kinds of these and luckily all but 2 have sold.

These are a "labor of love" due to it's time consuming because I first buy and gather all the items and make sure they fit in the diamond box (my favorite part).  Then take photos of it all, then list each thing in the description (this one had 30 different items) and then when it's ordered I double check to make sure everything listed is included and then package it and ship it off!  Even though I love to make these the rest takes up a lot of time spent for the price of it!

But I've loved learning about the business side of retail, like profits and time management and have learned more than I imagined!

2.  I've worn a lot of different hats in my years, but never the online retail business hat and I've learned so much, thanks to Etsy and my hoard!  Online retail therapy has been such and eye opener learning experience and a great way to let go of my hoard in a manner that feels safe and manageable to me.

3.  However, now that I've recovered from many of my ailments, like sciatica and lower back pain and illnesses (my allergies and hoarding are slowly healing too!)  I think I'll be moving to other things!  What those things are, I have no idea yet, but it's going to be something good because I'm going to start dreaming BIG!

 Here is the pirate themed on that fits in a diamond box, available here

Thank you kindest Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore! because making your day made my day and then made my day again with your over the top words for me!  
 
When someone leaves not so pleasant feedback, I go back and remind myself of all the best feedbacks I've gotten and yours is one of them!!!!!  Thank you so much for all your Hoarder Rehab support!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 I only love grab bags when it's not a mystery for me, so here is my version of a grab box, which is basically a 60+ sample of items we sell or used to sell at all our shops, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
These are in limited edition, HA!
 
I've been listing new shop items daily and I have reached my goal of listing 180+ items at three shops!  One more shop to go!
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 176 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like Hoarder Rehab need will be my last shop to refill!  I'll be listing more this weekend while the hubs finishes up our taxes!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Another "labor of love,"  kandi bead sampler in gumball capsules, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
Related Stories:
 
1.  I did get a request to make two diamond inspirations for Halloween for kids and they loved to take them out as pocket toys and sort them during down time quiet time:  More Scary Stories Book and Halloween DeLuxe Package:  The Destiny of Things, Story #121 
 
 
 I love kits and appreciate the time and effort that goes into making them now!
Spider crystal skull ring kit, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 
 
"Light is the task where many share the toil." ---Homer  Thanks to all those who are helping me dehoard and share my toil.
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 
5 oOmg! Best timing for me to get this in the mail, ever. Actually best thing I've gotten in the mail for awhile QwQ Loved everything and love the penny sticker for my thoughts best, while the Tooth Saver treasure chest is my second fav! My love for dorky puns beats my nostalgia craving XD Mostly I love, how even if Pink may be my least fav color, none of the items were girly to me. Piggies, hearts, praying mantis, even the flowers aren't girly in my eyes. I'm so happy and really appreciate the note too! Hope this review encourages not only more customers but also you to keep doing what you do. Thank you again X3

No comments:

Post a Comment