Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Gum ball Capsules for Kid's Product on Shark Tank: The Destiny of Things, Story 450

Gum ball Capsules for Kid's Product on Shark Tank:  The Destiny of Things, Story 450

100 capsules with a very interesting story!  Break a leg!

50 or 100 gum ball bubble plastic vending machine capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the kindest email I received:

Hi Kennedy,

What an absolutely delightful person you must be!  I loved the little bag of treats that you included in my order.  My kids and I had an especially fun time with the fortune teller fish.

Soooo,   I am using my capsules as a component in a prototype for a fun kids' product that I hope to someday bring to market.  At the end of March I will be auditioning to appear on Shark Tank to pitch my idea.  Getting picked is, of course, a long shot.  However, whether or not that happens, it is forcing me to take necessary steps in making this little dream a reality.  Wish me luck!

Again, your handwritten note and trinkets made my day.

Blessings to you!
L

Wonder, wonder, wonder what her prototype fun kid's product look like and I hope to see it on the market soon!
Incoming!
50 or 100 gum ball bubble plastic vending machine capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I wonder how her audition went too!  I wonder if we'll be seeing her on Shark Tank soon!  I sure do hope so!  What a fun and interesting way to pitch her idea!

Also, gotta love her attitude about making her dreams come true and taking the necessary steps to do so! 

I used these all the time for all kinds of things, but mainly for shipping out jewelry from all our shops, especially kid's jewelry!  It makes it look more fun!
Red or blue rose 2 picture photo vintage locket, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own collection of these in varying colors and some rare or hard to find colors, like opalescent.  I still need to find silver and gold.  I started collecting these years ago for one of my art projects.

I've been filling up a capsule machine with all my childhood jewelry and other mini toys from memories past and well, as a recovering hoarder, got a little carried away years ago, but these are one of our most popular items now!

 I also use them to ship out our animal figurines.  The one in the photo has sold, but we have another one, available here and it doesn't show the capsule, but it will arrive in one!  Also I think this is the last of the pink bunny rabbits.

What I Learned:

1.  Don't let my blog stories pile up on me!  I wish I had written this one last week, so I could have wished her luck on her audition in a more timely manner!

2.  Maybe I'll watch Shark Tank and see what it's all about!  I hope she won the audition, so I can see her episode on Shark Tank and perhaps my capsules too!

3.  Some of my hoard has worked out and have become our "top" sellers, yet others have not.  I am no longer using with my "hoarding without hoarding" experiment, nor do I need to hoard anymore.  

I haven't bought anything unnecessary since January and the last 2 items I did buy in Januaray for my art projects did not fall through, one the shop owner bent everything to fit in the box, so it did not come as described and the other I'm supposed to wait another 2 months for a refund since it's lost in International mail.  I hope I can remember it that I should get a refund in June!

So the hassle of those last 2 packages have a silver lining, I felt like it was a message for me to "use what I have!" and haven't bought a thing since!

You can order these in all kinds of different amounts, but 5 is our lowest quantity, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

4.  How is your Lent going?  I am so happy that it's almost over!  I think I'll be able to give up fried foods indefinetly, but I'm not sure about caffeine.  Last weekend, coffee smelled so good, I just wanted a sip to taste it's deliciousness.  I stopped myself since April 16th is right around the corner!

However, my biggest milestone is that I shifted my goals from art projects and am no longer buying much of anything!  I'd rather save that money for different future goals, like being able to help others in some way.

I haven't figured out how I will help others yet, but I have faith that it will come in it's own due time when I most need it!

One Etsy buyer turned them into pineapple candy favor boxes for her daughter's pool party!  All yellow capsules, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for your stupendously kind fun curious note with all the sweet compliments and letting me know that my little "thank you" packaging was a blast for you and your kids!  Your news made my day that day as well as today!  So thank you very much!
 
I am very curious to see how you used the capsules with your prototype for your kid's product.  I bet it's going to be super cute and popular!

Thank you for inspiring me to make my dreams come true by taking the necessary steps to do so!  Even though mine will have to be very very tiny baby steps, since I would not be brave enough to audition for anything!

I hope you made the audition and I can start looking for you soon on Shark Tank!  Keep me posted!  Blessings to you too!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 Another Etsy buyer used them for her daughter's back to school bento lunch box, all red, pink or green capsules available here
 
I've been listing new shop items daily and I have reached my goal of listing 180+ items at three shops!  One more shops to go!
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like HoarderRehab need will be my last shop to refillt!  I'll be listing more this week!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Bubble capsules are a great way to sort through your jewelry, since most rings, bracelets, pendants, charms and necklaces fit inside one.
Chevron Wonder Woman sterling silver ring or doll crown, available here
photo via VintageToGoEtsy
 
Related Stories:  Etsy buyers are so creative!  Here's how:
 
1.  Easy DIY Fairy Lights with Capsules with an update photo:  DIY Fairy Lights with Gum Ball Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 311
 
2.  More elaborate fun FLOWER fairy lights with an update photo:  Flower Fairy Lights from Gumball Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 374    
 
 

 
6.  An Etsy shop owner who uses them for jewelry too!  I Love My Gumball Machine Capsules!  The Destiny of Things, Story 156
 
 
 
 
10.  How a teacher uses them in the classroom: Back to School Gum Ball Machine Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 306    
 
11.  These are some where on TV too, Halt and Catch Fire:  80s Gemco Paper Clips with Box in Halt and Catch Fire:  The Destiny of Things, Story #148 
 
 Looking for last minute Easter egg or basket or pinata filler?  Cutest little chenille chicks arrive safely in a gum ball capsule, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

"Never let the things you want, make you forget the things you have."

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment