Friday, February 17, 2017

Unicorn Poop aka Glitter Slime in Gumball Capsules: The Destiny of things, Story 437

Unicorn Poop aka Glitter Slime in Gumball Capsules:  The Destiny of things, Story 437

Unicorn poop?  Glitter slime?  Gumball capsules?  What?

 50 or 100 EMPTY mixed color gumball vending machine capsules, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the fun note I received:

My 8 year old daughter is pleased to have received her little gumball capsules.. She uses them to fill with her home made Unicorn poop (AKA glitter slime) lol She makes the slime herself then packages them up in these capsules and sells them at school.. Don't tell her teacher... 0= She is a little entrepreneur.. Thank you for your fast shipping and friendly manners.. (=

So cute and clever!  Do we have a little Etsy entrepreneur in the making?  I think so!

 INCOMING! for all your glitter slime, squishy and bath bomb needs!
50 or 100 EMPTY mixed color gumball vending machine capsules, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab
Hmmm.... I have no idea what unicorn poo or glitter slime looks like, but if I had to guess, it might be something like Oobleck?

Oobleck gets its name from the Dr. Seuss book Bartholomew and the Oobleck where a gooey green substance, Oobleck, fell from the sky and wreaked havoc in the kingdom.  I'd read it to the class after lunch recess and then we'd proceed to make the mysterious goo and have a debate!

I used to make it with my third graders in the classroom as a classic chemistry science lesson of making a solid into a liquid, but in this case, is it a solid or liquid?

What do you think?

 OUTGOING! Perhaps for all your glitter slime, squishy and bath bomb needs!
50 or 100 EMPTY mixed color gumball vending machine capsules, available here.  Photo via HoarderRehab

Saying Goodbye:  I am so grateful others enjoy empty gumball vending machine capsules as much as I do!  I use them weekly to package and ship out jewelry and other small items from our shops.  A lot of empty ones ship out too to all the creative Etsy buyers out there using them!

All black bottom gumball capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my hoard has become popular enough to keep reselling!  Which I call rehoard.  So my little experiment of letting go of my hoard by selling it has turned into a little hobby, which has in turn become a full time job with part time pay, so I am rethinking it all.

2.  Now that about half my hoard have found new lives and homes and I've relived giving stuff up over and over again.  Some more painful than others with lots becoming less and less painful with each practice.

I still haven't figured out why I hoard, but I certainly have gained some clues to the mystery and in the process have certainly changed my hoarding habits and have become more conscious of my hoarder way of thinking.

So maybe the reason why I hoard isn't as important as changing my thinking towards hoarding.

3.  My new challenge with my hoard is how to make this work while only putting in part time hours because now, it is no longer so much of a Hoarder Rehab for me and I am no longer willing to put in full time hours for part time pay, now that I'm more in tune with Etsy and am no longer so attached to my hoard.

So what's next?  I have no idea, but I'm always experimenting, especially to see how Etsy and my hoard work together, so my next experiment is to only dehoard with Etsy on a part time basis, so I can find my next adventure!

I am so excited!

4.  However, I have found I am addicted to my time on Etsy and will need to slowly tear myself away from it as painlessly, effectively and mindfully as possible.

Pastel color empty gumball vending machine capsules, available here
New stock pastel colors have arrived!  Mainly in pastel pink, lavender, mint green, light blue and yellow.

Thank you Etsy buyers from Hoarder Rehab for taking the time to share your daughter's story.  I would have loved to see the final results! Thank you for the memories of my teaching days and for giving me and others inspiration and fun ideas!
 
Also very motivating for me to continue on my Hoarder Rehab journey and to keep trying different things and other ways to solve my challenges until I find alternatives to my hoarding.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 If you need all one color for your themed party or holiday, here they are in red, pink or green, available here.  We have 9 different colors at the moment:  red, pink, green, blue, white, black, purple, orange and yellow.  If you need a different color or a combination of color for teams or color themed weddings, etc. Just click on the link and contact us with the colors and amounts you need and we will check to see what's available for you!

The ever most popular mini James Bond gold guns are back in stock!  Get them now before they sell out!
 
I am trying a new experiment on Etsy.  I think we were selling more when we had 180-185 items listed on each shop, so I'm doing my best to list new things again until I reach that goal!
 
I am diligently new listing and relisting daily!  With a lot more coming soon!
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 176 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 181 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Ninja Turtle empty gumball capsule color mix, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy


Related Stories:  Other creative uses and ideas with update photos!

1.    Gumball Capsules into Kawaii Cute Bento Box Accessory:  The Destiny of Things, Story 240 See an update photos of these made into little apples!





 
 
 

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder 
Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 
 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment