Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Mini Mermaid in a Mason Jar Aquarium Party Favors: The Destiny of Things, Story 467

Mini Mermaid in a Mason Jar Aquarium Party Favors:  The Destiny of Things, Story 467

I got an email and it's the most unique use of the mini mermaids so far!  BEFORE:


12 or 24 Little Mermaid pirate Margarita retro cocktail beer drink wine charm cup cake topper beach nautical Peter Pan Mother's day champagne wedding anniversary birthday party decor supply Harry Potter 2nd challenge, available here

Here is the creative email I received:

Here is what we did with your FUN mermaids...we made mermaid  little aquariums  for a 10 yo mermaid party, and have gotten fish in the mean time and they are part of their aquariums now!!! FUN

What a FUN aquarium accessory!  Use on a drink or cupcake first and then let her swim in your aquarium with all your fish!  What a great  new life! and it's recycling!

Traditionally these are used for cocktail drink toppers and many Etsy buyers use them as cake toppers too, but I love them as party favors in a aquarium sharing the space with fish!  
12 or 24 Little Mermaid pirate Margarita retro cocktail beer drink wine charm cup cake topper beach nautical Peter Pan Mother's day champagne wedding anniversary birthday party decor supply Harry Potter 2nd challenge, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is what I wrote back:

Hi there!

That is so cool and imaginative!  I love the update photos!  There are some lucky 10 year olds out there!  Thank you for your story and inspiration!  After I dehaord, I've promised myself a gold fish and I'm going to remember to add a FUN mermaid, when I do!  

Thanks again for making my Hoarder Rehab so FUN!
Kennedy

PS.  I'm now planning to use your story tomorrow on my blog!  BIG THANKS!  and much happiness!

AFTER:

How cool and imaginative, is that?
photo via Etsy buyer

I just love this idea!  I haven't spied the fish yet, but I can see the mermaid!  And it gave me such inspiration to continue my Hoarder Rehab because one of the things I've promised myself is a pet when I'm finished dehoarding.

I'm going to have enough space for a pet goldfish and have the time to take care of one, instead of my Hoarder Rehab and it's going to have a mermaid in it!  Just like the one above!

In case, you want to make these yourself, they also sent a photo of the supplies!

Supplies needed for your DIY Mermaid in a Jar Aquarium party favors!
photo via Etsy buyer

Saying Goodbye:  More like, "Hello!"  I am so excited to add a mini mermaid when I get my goldfish.  I have a friend who just started stocking her aquarium as a hobby and I'm really inspired to be able to start thinking of some hobbies of my own, when my Hoarder Rehab is complete!

What I Learned:

1.  Am I getting fairly close to ending my Hoarder Rehab?  My major goal is to have an organic minimalist home with some rewards on the way, like decorating my home with plants and a goldfish, instead of clutter.

2.  So this is a good reminder to take the time for some reflection.  I have made a lot of progress, but I just took a hard look at my "soon to be" art music room (that temporarily holds my boxes of hoard) and I'd say I'm a little over half way done dehoarding!  YIPPEE!

What made your day and inspired you at the same time today?  Emails like this with update photos not only make my day, but they inspire me to continue with my Hoarder Rehab!  I just love sharing ideas from others who are so creative and fun!  Thank you guys!

I think I'll see what a treasure chest filled with treasures looks like at the bottom of my goldfish bowl too!  6 or 12 NEW mermaid and pirate treasure chests retro style plastic tooth fairy saver locket charm holder container box Mother's day birthday wedding anniversary party favor fun jewelry supply, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you kind, creative and inspirations Etsy buyers from JunkDrawerAndMore!  You really made my days, yesterday and today with your FUN email!  It was a good reminder to reflect upon how far I've come with my Hoarder Rehab and grateful reminder to keep the carrot of a pet goldfish ahead of me!

Thank you for sharing your FUN idea to inspire myself and others!  And most of all, thank you for remembering me from January 2017!  Your timing was just right!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Here is another creative inspiring idea from an Etsy buyer, plant jewelry!  Hoarding used to take up a lot of my time, so plants didn't fair to well in my world and now dehoarding does, so I've learned that even though I love plants, they are going on the back burner until I have time to care for them.

I have been listing new shop items daily!  My goal is to keep new listing until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! I've been busy with switching everything over at all 4 shops to the new Etsy studio format!


Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?



Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 170 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like every shop needs refills!  I'll be listing more tomorrow!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Here is an assortment of all the drink and cake toppers we have, available here.
It looks like you could have a jungle or a zoo of plant jewelry.  The mermaids are still my favorite and have been since childhood, when my parents brought home a mermaid for me and a monkey for my brother from their date night.  Next my goldfish and mermaid will become best friends!
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:  Other fun ways to use these from Etsy buyers!  Thank you everyone!


2.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid for over 50 years and then found it broken:  Retro Plastic Mermaid Cocktail Drink Charms:  The Destiny of Things, Story #116





Here is an example of how I used the mermaids in my mixed media art.  This piece has sold, but I welcome custom orders with open arms!
photo via Hoarder Rehab

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins from his novel, "Still Life with Woodpecker"  
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment