Monday, March 27, 2017

Pressed Flowers Reversible Float Frame: The Destiny of Things, Story 445

Pressed Flowers Reversible Float Frame:  The Destiny of Things, Story 445

A pleasant two year old surprise came today!  BEFORE:

 I love these float frames because they are reversible, as you can see two photos can be placed back to back inside it and can be seen from either side!

Here is the email I sent over two years ago from around September 2014:

Hi there! 

Thank you so much for the happy feedback! and especially for letting me know how you are inspired to use the float frame.  

I'd love to see your pressed flower arrangement in the frame! My flowers are being pressed again because my first batch the colors faded. 

Best regards and happy Wednesday!
Kennedy 

 This is the same frame turned around to show the other side of the back to back photos, which are from photos from my Grandmother.

Here is the email I received this morning with a photo update too!

I just realized I never responded to your message - attached is a photo of the frame and my pressed flowers! 

How cool is that!  This act of kindness made my morning and day!  I am so excited that someone has a great memory and didn't hesitate to write me back!

AFTER:

Photo via kind Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things

How beautiful!  I just love it and of course, wonder what memories this holds for her.  Flowers from a first date?   from a corsage from a milestone event?  Something special enough to keep the flowers, take the time to press them, buy a frame and arrange them just so!  Wonder, wonder, wonder!

And then she wrote me back saying I might get another photo update later this summer or fall after she presses her wedding bouquet flowers!  What a treat!  and I bet she'll remember too!

The best thing about these float frames is that not only are they easily reversible, but it's easy to switch out a photo or art work or a memorable post card, especially if there is writing on the back.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I said goodbye to too many of these!  and didn't save enough of them for myself!  I thought I would have an endless supply, but they ran out and I haven't seen them again in a year or so.

What I Learned:

1.  Don't let go of my own stash!  ever!  I can think of several times where I let go of my own stash and didn't have a chance to replace my own.  As a recovering hoarder, it's very regrettable!

2.   I just love these to see what my art will look like framed.  It's the last step of a finished product and it even has a little ledge to add some fun mini items to blend in some mixed media art.

Washi tape art card, I made one like it for my Dad for Day of the Dead, print or original, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

3.  I haven't been sleeping for the past 3-5 days and sure could use some coffee today!  However, since I am practicing discipline this Lent I am fending off the temptation and feel quite good about it, since Lent I am half way through the time period.

4.  I have noticed that without sleep, my cravings for caffeine and fried foods go way up!  Finding alternatives has been successful with baked gluten free chicken nuggets and baked fingerling potato fries!  Tasty and much more healthy too!

5.  I've had insomnia for most of my life and now I wonder how I survived all those years.  I am so grateful that I don't have insomnia anymore because I have less comfort food cravings now and can withstand them better, I am more graceful without small klutzy accidents happening and overall just feel so much better and better prepared for each day!

I have found other float frames since, but they are not as simple or as versatile as the table float frames.  Neon pink washi tape Gee's Bend quilt inspired art, available here.  Tissue paper money art, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for remembering me after all these years!  I am so astonished with your memory and kindness.  And most of all, it's given me hope that it's never too late to make a connection even if it's been years!  Love your story and how you used the float frame for your pressed flower art!  
 
It has inspired me to press some flowers, just like I used to do with my Grandmother during walks through her backyard garden.  And seeing your update photo has inspired me to be creative again and to press some red rose petals to spark an idea that I've had rolling around in my head!  
 
Thanks again for the nice surprise today and for all the inspiration you've sparked for me today!
 
Lastly, Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and yours for your summer wedding!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.


 Even paper ephemera looks great in a simple float frame, small vintage NRA Official targets, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy


Over this weekend, I returned to my new experiment of Etsy of listing items until I got to 180-185 items listed on each shop.
 
And it took me about a day to try out the new Etsy Studio on one of my shops  I'm interested, but will have to figure out how to use it to my best advantage! I am waiting to see if that one shop does better with the new Etsy Studio format. 
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 176 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 184 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 174 items.

Looks like JunkDrawerAndMore and HoarderRehab need a refill first!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!


 Brightly painted Chinese tissue paper cut art looks exceptional in a float frame and can be seen from both sides!  Cut tissue paper water color art, available here.  Love birds like the one shown above is perfect for one year paper wedding anniversary!  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:

 
 
3.  Another Etsy buyer using it for pressed flowers: Float Frame for Pressed Flower Art Display: The Destiny of Things, Story 285

As you can see, I use mine all the time for a photo display prop as well, since this frame can be used horizontally and vertically, I also use them for my favorite prayer cards too.  Czech Olympic stamps available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

"Onwards and upwards!"  mdf club

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment