Friday, March 3, 2017

My Frozen Charlotte Porcelain Penny Doll Collection: Today's Hoarder Rehab Epiphany #11

My Frozen Charlotte Porcelain Penny Doll Collection:  Today's Hoarder Rehab Epiphany #11

A request from another collector through Etsy email!

This is half of my Frozen Charlotte and Frozen Charlie Penny Doll collection.
The Charlottes are on the left and the Charlies to the right.
Request it and I'll list the one you want on my Etsy shop.
The black wooden display shelf is already available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Someone who mainly collects Frozen Charlotte dolls asked if I had any photos of my doll collection.  I didn't, so last weekend we took some photos of them.  Please forgive the lighting, it was very rainy and cold the day we took these and the room with the best light doesn't have any heat, so I worked as quickly as I could.

Here is the other half of my collection.  It's not the complete collection because some are scattered around the house or boxed and ready to ship from the shops.

I was collecting the same dolls for my repetition art, at the time I had grand ideas for them!
You can get a better look at the Dutch boy here and  Weatherbird Dutch girl here at our shop, VintageToGoEasy

I lost count at 50, but probably have about 100.  Many have already found new lives and good homes!  Here are some close ups:  Ladies first!

I think I'll be letting go of all the single ones, so all the girls with the red bow I'll be keeping for my repetition art.

Sweet looking boys!  The Putz style boy and girl duo who look like they are waiting for a parade to begin are listed here with the he Dutch boy here and Weatherbird Dutch girl here at our shop, VintageToGoEasy

Oh no, the top shelf got a little camera shy.   
The two kokeshi dolls are part of my doll and stationary collection.  Their bottoms unscrew and inside is a scroll of paper to write a letter.  I have two newer ones that are similar and one of them came with the tag to send through snail mail!  Luckily I didn't get too far on my kokeshi doll collection!

Close up of the camera shy!

Fraternal twins?  Her arms are some where in the photos!  Anyone spy them?

I think I prefer the arms over the unjointed dolls!

Two little cuties, all dressed up and no where to go!


 7 Little Bo Peep for my repetition art.

 Anybody interested in instant triplets?



 Personally I like the broken dolls, but they are just as expensive as the unbroken ones, so some of these I was going to take a part and use or break them myself.  Very very difficult for me to break them.  It's like getting up enough nerve to cut into some new fabric without a pattern!
The wooden figurine that's way in the back, left hand side, of a country girl doing her chores is available here at our shop, VintageToGoEasy

My favorites are the little tiny wee threesome to the very right!  I noticed many of these don't stand up too well on their own.  I thought it might be because I was so cold in that room and was losing patience, so if they are lying flat they either don't stand so well on their own or some have the tacky stuff on the bottom of them, so they don't fall over while displayed during an earthquake.

I'd love to make some clothes for the jointed ones and use them in my mixed media art.  Writing this post has been inspiring for that!

What I Learned:

1.  I have more ideas in my head and art supplies and need to take the time to use them!  For instance, today I feel like removing the paint off the ones that have some of the paint rubbed off them already and repainting them in neons, or giving them a more updated look or rosy cheeks!

2.  I also have these cute clear little coffins saved up as boxes to display all seven Little Bo Peeps.  I was looking for clear boxes or shadow boxes, but the little coffins were within my budget, so I need to find the coffin boxes again!

This little doll head I use lot!  So maybe I'll start mix and matching the heads and bodies!

Here she is again as a prop!

Anyone read for a Mexican hat dance?  Feista hat brooch for your mariachi lover, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy shopper from VintageToGoEasy for asking if I'd share photos of my doll collection because it really has inspired me to do "something" with them now and hopefully others will find a new life and good home for them too!

I also love these pink plastic dolls, if anyone out there has some of these, I'd be willing to trade!

Who wants to take a bath first?

The washi tape art in the background is available here at our other shop, The Destiny of Things

I'm almost done with changing all the listings at each shop using Etsy's new format.  Phew!  I  think it'll take me about two more days to finish up.  YIPEE!  Then I'll start new listing again!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 175 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 177 items.   

 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Baby boy and girl jointed dolls, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:





5.  Other stories in the section of  "Today's Hoarder Rehab Epiphany," here

I'm no longer collecting dolls or for that matter, anything! 
Dime store baby dolls with bottles, available here

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  Tom Robbins from Still Life with Woodpecker

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment