Wednesday, March 15, 2017

3 Little Pigs Hanging Fairy Tale Ornaments: The Destiny of Things, Story 441

3 Little Pigs Hanging Fairy Tale Ornaments:  The Destiny of Things, Story 441

Such cute little soviet pigster ornaments!

 The little piggies in the photo have sold, but we have another set in just like it, but in different colors, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Here is the note I received:

They were a gift for a Russian friend. Shipping fantastic. Arrived the day of the party. Everyone loved them.

Too cool, so fun!


Even the box is cute!  Another set of Three Little Pig ornaments, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

I am so thankful these found a new life and new home to someone who appreciates them!  I love Christmas ornaments, but since I have a hoard of them, I decided to keep my handmade and favorite ones and pass along the others.

A different set of Three Little Pig ornaments just like these with the cutest berets but in different colors, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Saying Goodbye:  I have so many Christmas ornaments and like I said, I'm trying to let them go because I have enough for two trees!  My family made a new ornament every year to give to my Dad's clients, so now I have hundreds of handmade ornaments and my favorite ornaments from childhood to college.

Here are the new vintage 3 Little Pigs in their different colors, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy 

What I Learned:

1.  I just love Christmas ornaments and have a hoard of them!  However, I can honestly say that I found someone with more ornaments than me! And this person is absolutely happy with all her ornaments.  She has over 1700!  I'll include the link to her story in "Related Stories."

Me?  I am happier if my ornaments and the rest of my hoard find new homes because my goal, as a recovering hoarder is to have a minimalistic home with more plants than things in it! 

2.  I bought some of these as Christmas Eve gifts for some little ones I know, who were into fairy tales at the time, but then I was informed that they only use brand new ornaments, not vintage ones, so they went into my "Hoarding without Hoarding" experiment.

My "Hoarding without Hoarding" experiment started when I let go of over 500 items of my hoard through my Etsy shops when I thought I'd invest some of my profits and try to flip some, ahem, "a lot" of items!

I have mixed feeling about the experiment because it's been successful in some areas and not in others.  Will I try the experiment again?  Definitely not!

Here is the other box of fairy tale ornaments I ordered for the fairy tale crazed little ones, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  They are usually available at out other shop, Hoarder Rehab, but since the listing expired 10 days before Christmas, I haven't relisted them.  If you would like them, email me at hoarderrehab@gmail.com and I'll relist them for you.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoeasy for taking the time to share your story!  And so happy that your Russian friend loved them and will take good care of them!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

8 large slightly flawed jingle bell ornaments, available here

It took me 2-3 weeks to change all the shops to the new format and now I see they added more to the new format!  I'll take a break before I check out the new additions to the new format and try them out.
 
I'm returning to my Etsy experiment to see if my shops to better with 180 items in each shop.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 185 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 178 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Here is a small sample of the 1700 ornaments from a Grandmother in Wales!
They show most of her collection at the link below.

Related Stories:



Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment