Wednesday, March 22, 2017

500 Swami Madame X fortune cards for Carnival Wedding: The Destiny of Things, Story 443

500 Swami Madame X fortune cards for Carnival Wedding:  The Destiny of Things, Story 443

Honk if you love carnivals!

Each stack is about 500 vintage fortune cards! They are vintage new old stock, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the note I received:

Note from Buyer: I see that you collect stories- These will be used at my carnival themed wedding next year and this is my very first purchase for it! So excited about these! Thanks

 The fronts have your fortune and there are 52 different fortunes, like a deck of cards.  Then you ask a yes or no question and the back of the fortune gives you an answer back.  Each stack is about 500 vintage fortune cards! available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I am excited too!  I don't know why I get so excited when it's someone's first purchase for their celebration, but I do!  A carnival wedding must be so much fun and certainly memorable!

 The backs answer a yes or no question and also has a definition to a vocabulary word that is funny, however since these are vintage from the 1950s to 60s, they may be out of date and somewhat politically incorrect, but still fun!
Each stack is about 500 vintage fortune cards! available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I love these!  These are in our "thank you" packaging for fun and so others get a sample of others things in our shops.  In college, I used to get them all the time at a little cafe diner with my brother for a penny each in their napkin dispenser Swami machine that were at each booth!

 Here is what a complete set of 52 looks like, each one has a different fortune, answer to your yes and no question and funny vocabulary of the day, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  As I said, I use these all the time for our "thank you" packaging that we give with every order.  I try to give "fortune" related items because when I first started my Hoarder Rehab, it was really scary for me to let go of many of my items because I was so attached to them for various reasons, so I decided to turn the scariness of the unknown into something more positive with the thoughts of "good fortune."  

It was a positive reminder for me that even though something was leaving me to a new life and new home that it was going to bring the buyer and me good fortune!

2.  Due to the punched hole in them and the tiny slash, they are easily slipped on to string or ribbon or twin.  So I also use them as gift tags for plain wrap packages for all kinds of celebrations.  They make easy impromptu mini garlands, since they hang on ribbon or string so easily by just slipping them on.

3.  I am so happy with myself because not only did I give up coffee and fried foods for Lent, but I haven't bought anything for art supplies or for retail therapy either!  And it's been a very stressful past 2 weeks with a family matter that ended sadly.

How are you doing with Lent?  I am so surprised that not only did I give up coffee, but I gave up all caffeine as well!  I do miss fried foods and fell off the wagon on the day I got the sad family news and ate fries as a way to comfort myself, but I found out that meditating was more comforting than the fries.

If you need smaller amounts for surprise balls and holiday cracker snaps in amounts of 6 or 8 or 25 or 50+ NEW OLD STOCK vintage 50s Fortune Teller card slips collage mixed media art scrapbook, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for taking the time to share your story and excitement!  It certainly rubbed off on me and made my Etsy day more fun and exciting too!
 
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do that with kindness!

 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

 Another fortune related item that is great for carnival themed celebrations are the fortune teller fish, inside each package is a dancing fish that will tell your love fortune!  In smaller amounts for surprise balls and holiday cracker snaps in amounts of 8 or more, available here

I haven't had time yet to return to my new experiment on Etsy of listing items until I got to 180-185 items listed on each shop because it took me almost a month to change all my shop to the new Etsy format.  I hope to be listing new items this week.
And it took me about a day to try out the new Etsy Studio on one of my shops  I'm interested, but will have to figure out how to use it to my best advantage! I am waiting to see if that one shop does better with the new Etsy Studio format.

 




Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up their sales?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 176 items, The Destiny of Things- 178 items, VintageToGoEasy - 182 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 175 items.  


 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
Another fun interactive fortune related item for carnival themed weddings and table guest ice breaker, especially for those waiting for their dinner to arrive. 
NEW 30 or 50 or 75 or 100+ lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:
 Visually fun place setting!
 Example from an Etsy buyer and how she used them at her Carnival themed wedding.  Thank you kind Etsy buyer!

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment