Monday, March 6, 2017

Day of the Dead Centerpiece Lady Guadalupe Fiesta Vase or Candle Holder: The Destiny of Things, Story 440

Day of the Dead Centerpiece Lady Guadalupe Fiesta Vase or Candle Holder:  The Destiny of Things, Story 440

An Etsy buyer saw these at a restaurant and had to have them!

Cobalt blue Lady Guadalupe or Virgin Mary vase candle holder, available here

He was so happy to have found them in blue and red!  And I am so happy they are finding a good home and new life!  Thank you!

Here is the centerpiece vase or candle holder in red, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

He wanted them in brown or clear, but I've never seen in that color.  These are from my Mexican Folk Art collection.  I had these in sets of 8 in each color for my repetition art, but now that I'm dehoarding, I'm letting them go.

Here is the photo he sent me of one he wanted in brown:

Good thing I've never known these to come in brown or clear, otherwise I'd have them too!  However, now as a recovering hoarder, I think I can pass them up!
I see he's going to be using his as a candle holder.  I use mine both ways!

Saying Goodbye:  I just love Mexican Folk Art, which seems to have been branded as Day of the Dead or fiesta now.  I used to make a lot of religious Mexican folk art and loteria card art back in the 1980s to 90s.

 My 1980s to 90s religious Mexican Folk Art.  Ever since I saw a banner full of milagros at the Mengei in San Diego, I have been collecting milagros since that time too!  The garden milagro helped me turn my black thumb into a green one, available here.  Lover's cross, available here

What I Learned:

1.  As a recovering hoarder and repetition artist I am just starting to really see how my collections get so "out of control!"  I've always known it and could see my hoard, but I guess it's now finally sinking in and gradually finding solutions and other alternatives to handle my anxiety.

Today a good friend reminded me that "awareness is a place of growth."  Today has been one of those days!  I am so thankful for that!

2.  I gave up coffee, buying non food items and fried foods for Lent and I started to wean myself from coffee about a month or two ago, so that's going all right, but my fried food cravings are sky rocketing!  I'm trying to replace it with organic roasted teriyaki sea weed, it's working somewhat and I hope will work by the end of Lent!

I haven't bought anything hoard related or art related in a couple months and the stuff I did order, has either arrived broken or hasn't arrived, so when I get my refunds going to donate that money to charity.  

We take all our feral cats to Fixnation for a check up and neuter, so I'm going to give them a thank you and donation.  And another to a clinic, who provides low cost walk in health care.

What did you give up for Lent and how are you doing with it?

One of my alternatives to hoarding is making art!  These also make a nice addition to a table centerpiece.  (Example more towards the end) Here is my Frida Kahlo loteria card art, inspired by her painting, "Wounded Deer" and her last painting of Viva la Vida watermelons, which translates to "Go with Life," available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore 

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time to share your story!  I was so curious, how you found them in brown and clear and wanted them in those colors too!  but I'm practicing impulse control and am thankful I didn't have to go looking for some!
 
I thought I was the only one who found items I see and love at other places and have to have them!  I'm used to asking people where they got their cool haircut or clothing or whatever I find fascinating!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways. 
 
An Etsy buyer is using them to complete her wedding table centerpieces too!  Available here, photo via The Destiny of Things

I am still trying a new experiment on Etsy and listing items until I got to 180-185 items listed on each shop, but Etsy has introduced a new format, which I'm really excited about!  So I've been working daily going through each listing using the new format.
 
It's taking me longer than I thought to change everything using the new format.  I think it's going to take me another week to complete, so wish me luck! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 178 items, VintageToGoEasy - 185 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 179 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Here is the photo of the example of her wedding centerpieces from a kind Etsy buyer.

Related Stories:

1.  Her wedding centerpiece story using my loteria boxes:  Day of the Dead Wedding Loteria Box Centerpiece Idea:  The Destiny of Things, Story 409
 
 
3.  Loteria Mexican Bingo Game Wedding Crafts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 188, here

4.  Day of the Dead skull beads cake topper:   The Destiny of Things:  Day of the Dead Calavera Skull Beads, Story V

 
 Another Etsy buyer turned some loteria game cards into a beautiful dinner seating chart with ribbons.  Such a beautiful unique example of wedding seating arrangement display an Etsy buyer emailed to me, before they bought 9 loteria games, loteria game available here at our shop, Hoarder Rehab
photo via Etsy buyer

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  

"Awareness is a place of growth."--- MDF Club

No comments:

Post a Comment