Monday, August 29, 2016

Cute Animal Figurine Rubber Stamps for Young Children: The Destiny of Things, Story 401

Cute Animal Figurine Rubber Stamps for Young Children:  The Destiny of Things, Story 401

I just had to have these because the animals are as cute as the rubber stamps!

Cute painted wooden animals with matching rubber stamps, available here
How the stamps look like on the brown area.  The wording is very tiny.

I try to use all the stamps to show examples at our shops and make sure they will work as intended, but lately I haven't had the time to do much of anything.

This Etsy buyer asked if I had tried my vintage boxed animal set out because she really really wanted it.

Boxed vintage animal set of 16 rubber stamps, available here 
These are very tiny, each animal stamp is less than 1 inch.

The set above is a vintage dime store craft toy, so the ink tin has long dried up and the rubber stamps still need to be cut apart, so they are not ready to use and I put aside the box of these with the most damage for me to use and can not find it now!  

It's lost in my hoard!  Tsk, tsk, I look for it when I have a stamping day because I stamp a lot of blank stickers for packaging our shop items before shipping them off, but have not found it yet!

The 16 different animals look like they'll be super cute to make 1 inch stickers or thank you labels.

Cute painted wooden animals with matching rubber stamps, available here
How the stamps look when stamped and a simple idea on how to use them.

Anyways, the Etsy buyer asked if a young child could cut the 16 animal rubber stamps a part and I don't thinks so because I think it's going to take a really sharp scissor and/or perhaps and x-acto knife for myself to separate them.

And since the pieces are fairly small, like about 3/4" tall and 1/2" wide, I think it might even be difficult for a young child to even stamp with.

So I asked the child's age and she said, "3 years old."

Another cute feature of these animal rubber stamps is the animal works double duty as a handle to make stamping easier for any age.
Cute painted wooden animals with matching rubber stamps, available here.

I wish I had started stamping at 3 years old!  How fun!  

I recommended the wooden animal figurine stamps, instead of the 16 vintage animal stamps, so a three year old will have enough dexterity and grip to hold on to the handle while stamping.  And less messy too, I'd think with less ink getting on little fingers and no cutting too!

Much easier for everyone involved!

She said she'd get back to me after talking it over with her granddaughter.

Cute painted wooden animals with matching rubber stamps, available here.

She wrote back the next day, so excited because her granddaughter loved the wooden animal ones so much more and quickly bought one of each!  And she was saving them for Christmas time!

Cute painted wooden animals with matching rubber stamps, available here.

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own set of these and use them often, as in at least once a month to make sticker label closures for packing our items before shipping them out.  They are delightfully cute to look at and so fun to use!

 I use these for closures for smaller packages before shipping out.
Cute wooden apple stamps that say, "For you" with a bow or "love" inside a wrapped gift box, here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned: 

1.  I need another rubber stamp, like I need another hole in my head!  And as a recovering hoarder, it's taken me years to figure that out!  I keep most of my projects in a file box and my stamping file box has doubled!
And to top it all off, I usually just use my favorites over and over!  but of course, I'm having difficulties trying to decide which ones I won't be using and the thought of trying to let go of at least one box of them causes me great anxiety!

Another mystery I need to sort out and solve.

2.  I've been offered a job working with an educational animation show for children, but my position is still in the works and I'm not sure if I want to leave retirement.

Although, since I'm still in Etsy burn out, I am interested in doing something new.

3.  One of the reasons why I haven't had time to do much is because I am sleeping a lot.  Well, "a lot" for an insomniac like me is 8 hours a night, sometimes 10.  I'm finally waking up feeling refreshed, healthier and not fatigued.  So by the time I wake up and do my usual routine, it's already time to wind down for the day.

Time flies when the early bird does not get the worm!

4.  Last week someone emailed me and suggested I make a 12 step poster for dehoarding!  So I've been seriously thinking about it, but the list is much longer than 12 steps, which isn't ironic for a recovering hoarder like me!

So if anyone is reading this, I'd say "MY" first step was "Find the Floor!"  because I was in too much denial to admit I was a haorder.

I really love stamps with a solid background with words etched inside, like the "Believe" rubber stamp, all available here
I am so tempted to try these because I just love little stamps! and these are a little over or a little under 1 inch, I can't remember at the moment.

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for communicating until we found something suitable for both you and your granddaughter to have some easy stamping fun!  
 
Thank you for sharing your story as it really helps me stay on track with mine. I'd love to see yours and your granddaughters stamping art and would especially love to be a fly on the wall  and see her reactions when she opens them!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 I use this stamper at least 3x a week for dating tags and notes for packaging items I get ready for shipping out and for my journals and art pieces, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

We usually photograph items for new listings every weekend, but we haven't had time lately and since I've been burnt out Etsy and not as motivated to dehoard for some reason, I guess I've been taking a month long break and not realize it?

Well, my list for listing new items for each shop is starting to look like Santa's list rolling on the floor, so I hope we start photoing again this September!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 185 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 176 items. 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Choose a font:  30 mini alphabet rubber stamps, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
3.  Saving time for a kindergarten teacher:  Teacher Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story #109  
 
 
 
 
7.  Mini ABC Alphabet Wooden Rubber Stamps Set:  The Destiny of Things, Story 349:  an Etsy buyer using them in a different way 
 
 

10.   Another idea from a Grandmother using these stamps with her grandkids!  Baby Block Mini ABC Alphabet Rubber Stamp Fun:  The Destiny of Things, Story 388

Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment