Wednesday, August 3, 2016

500 Swami Madame X Machine Refill Replacements: The Destiny of Things, Story 399

500 Swami Madame X Machine Refill Replacements:  The Destiny of Things, Story 399

These went to an Etsy buyer's dear friend!

500 Ask Swami Madame X fortune teller cards refill replacement NOS Twilight Zone party confetti, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I received a message saying that these were going into her friend's Swami Machine at his coffee shop!  How exciting!

If I had a friend with a coffee shop and a Swami machine, I think I might hang out daily just for my cup of Joe and fortune of the morning!  

Here's a side view of the Ask Swami machine with napkin dispenser!

 I've always wanted one of these, but never did find one thrifting! Probably a good thing for a recovering hoarder.

Saying Goodbye:  I think my hoarding days are coming to an end, so I won't have many extras of these anymore for my art.

My big plan was to wall paper the bathroom wall next to the toilet with these, so one could pick out their fortune of the day!  Unfortunately as a real estate investor, we don't stay in one place for too long and well, the resale value of one of these walls isn't great and neither is the thought of taking the wall with me.

Now I just send them out with snail mail.

Front of cards, tell your fortune like a deck of cards.
500 Ask Swami Madame X fortune teller cards refill replacement NOS Twilight Zone party confetti, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  I probably have more art projects in my head and supplies in my hoard than I can use in a lifetime!

2.  Lately, I've been writing down my art projects with the supplies that I already have, it's become a very long list and I've been putting the projects in boxes and they have already made a hoard stack!  They are overflowing from the one shelf onto another already!

3.  Somethings gotta give, so I have more time and space for my projects!  I tried getting up earlier, but still need more time, despite waking up 4 hours earlier a day.  I've cut down on my Etsy time and blogging time and that has helped some, but not enough.  What to do?

4.  I think I'm going to dehoard a little faster and start donating my stuff!  Did I, the recovering hoarder part of me, just say that?  Well, I'm going to try to bag some things up for the closest yet far enough thrift store, so I don't try and go get my stuff back!  

And when I take this stuff over there, it's going to take a lot of strength for me to try and ignore the voices in my head that say things like, What about the fomo (fear of missing out)?  What if you need that later for a project?  I think I know how to use that right now!  What if I finally figure out what that unidentified unknown objects function is?

Wish me luck!

Back of cards, tell your fortune like a deck of cards.
500 Ask Swami Madame X fortune teller cards refill replacement NOS Twilight Zone party confetti, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for sharing your story as I share mine.  I think all these stories has really helped me, as a recovering hoarder.  Let's see how my next dehoarding experiment goes!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 Here is how it dispenses out of one of the machines.  Just plop in your penny and pull down the lever and out comes your fortune!
photo via EM Arcade History Index 

I'll be listing new items tomorrow, if the M80s stop going off around here in the middle of the night and I can wake up at the crack of dawn! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 181 items, The Destiny of Things- 182 items, VintageToGoEasy - 188 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 181 items.
 
Looks like several shop needs some new listings for next week!
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
Related Stories: 

1.  If you want to see the Swami dispenser machine, the really cool Twilight Zone dispenser from the episode with William Shatner, which the machine was called, the Mystic Seer:  500 Replacement Fortune Teller Cards for Madame X Penny Napkin Dispenser Machine:  The Destiny of Things, Story 298

 
3.  My first story about these fortune teller cards:  Ask Swami Fortune Teller Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #115 
 
4.  Fun childhood memories from an Etsy buyer:  Madame X Fortune Teller and Parakeets:  The Destiny of Things, Story #149  
 

8.  Fortune Teller Wedding Booth:  The Destiny of Things, Story 340 :  An Etsy buyers made a fortune teller booth and her sister is going to dress up as a fortune teller ans pass these out!  She sent an update photo of the booth she will use!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment