Friday, March 23, 2018

Kindness Capsules for Girlfriend: The Destiny of Things, Story 500

Kindness Capsules for Girlfriend:  The Destiny of Things, Story 500

Someone made a capsule contraption with these for his girlfriend!  Such positive fun!

10+ empty pastel gum ball plastic capsules retro new baby shower birthday toy prize party favor cake topper sprinkle container table confetti pinata filler candy charm trinket container, available here

Here is the note and photo I received:


I used these to make a gum ball machine contraption for my girlfriend filled with jokes and compliments, and they are perfect! The colors are really nice and the vendor sent a lot of cute little trinkets!

How cute!  He and his girlfriend sound like the perfect ones!  Of course, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see how his capsule contraption turned out and even more so, would love a sneak peek at the jokes and compliments he added.

I can see some compliments and jokes have already been made!

What a great idea for any occasion!  What a fun gift to make and/or receive!  What a perfect way to spice up a relationship!  I'm thinking for making one for our family, but with a little twist.  I'd include jokes and lots of kindness compliments for the family too and then have each person add where what they'd like to do for a special weekend.  Maybe like 3 things to do for free on the weekend and the other 3 we'd have a dollar amount budgeted for each weekend fun.

Or maybe one with all random acts of kindness we could do for others as a family thrown in there too!  And other inspirational surprise ideas!  I'd keep ours in a jar, lol, nothing fancy.  Who knows what I'd end up buying trying to make a contraption to hold them!

These are small sized, but can pack a buck!  I've folded a one dollar bill carefully and it fit inside, so I know it can hold a piece of paper the size of a dollar bill to write a letter or smaller sized, like a fortune cookie fortune sized piece of paper, pastel capsules, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I used to covet these plastic capsules during my hoarding days!  I still have my own stash of the more unusual colors saved in a shoe box with tons of ideas on how to use them, but I'm just not sure anymore of what my next hoard-less vocation will take me.

What I Learned:

1.  Now I seem to be going into a completely opposite direction and want to get rid of everything I absolutely don't need!  Including my mixed media art, collage and other craft supplies!  Okay, I waver on the supplies, but the seed has been sowed.

2.  I opened Pandora's box in January thinking I could find some childhood art of a family member that I thought was in a box in the hoarded up room, but I've let had to let that go because it was driving me crazy!  And it was so disappointing opening up box after box and not finding it, so I've had to shift my perspective.

I'm still going through boxes in the 2nd room, but it's starting to transform in tiny baby steps into a music art room and all the boxes that were piled high went into the living room, so I could sort through them.  I plan to have the living back to normal by the end of this month.  Most boxes have been sorted and organized now and I've emptied over 15 boxes so far!  Round of applause for my hoarder rehab!  If not gone, at least it's getting organized.  Nice to know it only took about 3 months of dedicated hard work to close Pandora's box!

3.  The big crisis and all the little waves of quake size crisis' from the winter holidays and beyond are long gone into the past and I'm out of survival mode and back into healing mode.  Meditation has helped more than I suspected and not only has helped me to stay peaceful, but also keeps my energy at higher levels.

Hmmm, the dollar bill doesn't look so nicely folded up as I remember, but I got it to fit!
Pastel capsules, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What have you found to keep you calm lately?  For me, it used to be retail therapy that became a habitual form of hoarding, but lately it's been meditation.  

I did buy a Venus Fly Trap this month because I used to always keep one in the classroom to show the students that some plants are carnivore and it used to keep the fly and gnat situation under control during the summer classroom months, so I'm hoping it will do the same during the hot season in the kitchen.

I haven't returned to my yoga or walking, but I hope to incorporate both back into my healing mode soon.  I'm still mediating for about 45 minutes in the morning and again before bedtime.  And would love to learn "walking meditation" next.

If your heart is not set on any particular colors, we have the plastic capsules on sale in amount of 20, 25 and 30, available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

Thank you Mr. Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time to send a inspirational note and photo!  Hope you make some new memories with your girl friend over your perfect idea of using these to hold compliments and jokes!  Love to see your contraption!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

I've been spending more time in my Pandora's box, I mean junk room and I can see progress, but now my living room is a waist high disaster area with file boxes and little paths here and there leading to the front door, kitchen and dining room!  Don't bump into any boxes for a midnight snack!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  

Need a larger amount for weddings, birthdays, reunions and other big affairs?
SALE 50 or 100 gum ball machine plastic capsules empty carnival circus zoo taco fiesta pinata filler candy favor container birthday wedding mini party favor box craft confetti, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

So much of my hoard have found new homes that I returned to new listing 2-3 times a week on most of the shops.  So come visit and see what's new!

I've had to lower my goal of 180 items per shop to 170 items listed on each shop, so I don't stress myself out in that area too.  I am happy and thankful to say so many items are finding new lives and homes daily!

Sales seem to have slowed down a bit back to our old average, so I think it's time to join the Etsy sale!  Our shop wasn't invited this time because I guess we don't fit into their new category search thingy?  but we are going to join in over this weekend.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 169 items, The Destiny of Things- 170 items, VintageToGoEasy - 168 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 173 items. 

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  Thanks for looking!

If you need all one color or a two - three color themed combination, contact us through Etsy email with your amount, color or colors desired and we will let you know what we can do for you.  Currently we have over 100 in all black bottom capsules and most likely 100 in white, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:  Get inspired!  There's something for everyone to try!


2.  Most type of jewelry fit inside these too! Read about it here: Little Gifts to Support Childhood Cancer: The Destiny of Things, Story 479




6.    Gumball Capsules into Kawaii Cute Bento Box Accessory:  The Destiny of Things, Story 240 See an update photos of these made into little apples!





 
 

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder 
Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 
 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment