Friday, June 30, 2017

Little Gifts to Support Childhood Cancer: The Destiny of Things, Story 479

Little Gifts to Support Childhood Cancer:  The Destiny of Things, Story 479

I am so thankful these are going to someone who helps children who are fighting cancer.

SALE 50 or 100 EMPTY gumball vending machine capsules wedding confetti exit box cake topper candy container, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is her heartfelt story:

I just picked up my package from the post office today and I absolutely love it!!! What I thought was the best thing in this entire order is your hand written letter!! It's funny how a simple act can mean so much to someone else lol so my story with what I'm going to be doing with these is im filling them up with little gifts and sending these all over the world for children who are fighting cancer. My services to these kids and their families are 100% free I just want to make them smile that is my reward. I also buy s lot of stuff to make jewelry on this app and I make necklaces and donate them to families for fundraisers. Again my services are 100% free all I ask in return is to see some smiles. I know it's sounds silly to a lot of people but I can not cure cancer or other illness but i can make an impact in many lives

I just love this story and all the things she is doing to help children around the world smile by making their lives a little brighter in her own ways!  I especially love here last sentence, "I can not cure cancer or other illness but i can make an impact in many lives" it has me pondering on how I can better help others too.

I'd love to see the little gifts she puts inside each capsule!
SALE 50 or 100 EMPTY gumball vending machine capsules wedding confetti exit box cake topper candy container, available here.  
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own of these collected and stashed away like a squirrel!  I was looking for something else the other day and found these stashed away in boxes and jars, so now I'm trying to keep them all in one place.  I don't know why, but I've been collected them in every color I come across.

What I Learned:

1.  I've been saving my own stash of these in "hard to find" colors for one of my own art projects called, "Childhood Dreams" and all my favorite childhood things, most jewelry, trinkets and toys that I can not part with fit in these capsules and my gum ball machine.  At least that's my current plan.

2.  Since my "house" hoard is at least half way gone and I'm now dehoarding my truck, I can see the end in sight!  And now with this inspirational story of supporting childhood cancer, I am going to consider doing something like this too and hopefully with this in mind I will find a new path soon.

3.  I would love to just make a difference in other's lives with or without a smile from them.  I have some issues to work through before I can do this whole heartedly, but I am willing to work through my childhood issues to get there.

If you need smaller amounts or certain colors, please browse our Etsy shops!
10 or 20+ ALL PASTEL empty gum ball vending machine bubble capsules retro wedding exit birthday new baby party favor container, available here.  

4.  I use these weekly, mainly for shipping jewelry or small porcelain figurines, they are quite sturdy and items arrive safely and look "oh so cute."  They are also good for holding samples, like beads and bath bombs with surprises inside them that float to the top after they fizz out.  

Other ideas are a fun way to give monetary gifts, tooth fairy gifts of coins or bills, great pinata fillers with small erasers, candy and/or money in them, cupcake toppers with different kinds sprinkles inside them that guests can pick and choose, especially if they have certain food restrictions.

Etsy buyers have turned them into fairy lights, fairy flower lights and more!

What will you fill yours with?  Below is an example of a rabbit figurine all ready to ship out safely in the larger sized capsules!

mini brown pink ears bunny kawaii cute porcelain rabbit miniature animal figurine vintage retro summer terrarium birthday gift, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for all your inspiration!  I'd love to see your little gifts in the gumball capsules one day and get some ideas from them!  Thank you for making my day! From now on, I will be thinking about how to help others in my own way, like you do.  Thank you so much for appreciating my note and saying so! 

Maybe I can start donating my hoard too!

You can read more about her on her facebook page:  if you would like to add me on Facebook my name is Ashley Leather-Buck it has a picture of my face with a border that says I support childhood cancer. I try and donate as much as I can I also make jewelry so this website has truly helped with that! I have found some necklace charms that these kids can relate to. The only thing I ask for in return is to see a picture of their child smiling.

Right now the foundation that I volunteer in we are trying to get bills passed to raise the childhood cancer research to more than 4% funding, id like to see in my lifetime pediatric cancer research get 50% research funding. I believe there is a cure out there but when the scientists don’t have the money for research they hit a dead end. 

I would love for you to add me on Facebook so you can see the faces of these kids, but I must warn you some stories are very sad. I try to not post the sad but unfortunately the sad is what gets the medias attention. Thank you again!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!  I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

If you need all one color or custom color combinations in different amounts for sports teams or color themed celebrations, you can request it here.  These sell out quickly, especially in all white, pink and yellow, but as of last week new stock has arrived, so we can fill almost any order now.
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I'm still new listing and relisting daily and will be new listing again until I reach my goal of 181+ items at all the shops! I have almost reached my new goal!

Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 180 items, The Destiny of Things- 182 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment