Monday, June 5, 2017

My Favorite Things Party Idea & All Green Mermaid Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 474

My Favorite Things Party Idea & All Green Mermaid Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 474

So cute, so fun and so inspirational with an updated photo!  BEFORE:

4 or 8+ Little Mermaid & Pirate cake toppers cocktail drink charm marker Father's day champagne brunch BBQ pool party glass topper Peter Pan wedding birthday party decor supply, available here

Here is the short and sweet note I received with an update photo:

So fun!!! Thanks so much for the extra goodies! I am using my mermaids as a gift for "a few of my favorite things" party!

I had never heard of a "favorite things party" so, I googled it and it's just as I thought!  One hosts a party using all of your favorite things.  

And here is her updated photo of how she used them!

photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

So creative and fun looking!  What a great way to incorporate shells and mermaids for a beach theme!  I just want to dive in for a taste!  Also, I just love the mini bottle with handles!  And the octopus graphics are appealing too,  I had to "google" Kraken too and it sounds like a yummy rum with 11 spices mixed in it!  Here is the very interesting blurb from wikipedia:

Kraken Black Spiced Rum is a Caribbean black spiced rum. It is distributed in the United States by Proximo Spirits, and named after the kraken, a mythical giant squid-like sea monster.

Kraken Rum was introduced in 2010. The base rum is from Trinidad, distilled from naturally sweet molasses made from locally-grown sugar cane. The rum is aged 1–2 years and then blended with a mix of 11 spices, including cinnamon, ginger and clove. The liquid is black, revealing hints of brown when held up to the light.[6]
The bottle is styled after a Victorian rum bottle, with two hoop handles based on the tradition of hanging a bottle to prevent breakages. The bottle has a black and white paper label featuring an illustration of a Kraken sea creature. The bottle's back label states that it is "imported rum from the Caribbean blended with natural flavors."

Here is a better listing picture of "all" green mermaids for toppers, it's the second photo of the listing.

4 or 8+ Little Mermaid & Pirate cake toppers cocktail drink charm marker Father's day champagne brunch BBQ pool party glass topper Peter Pan wedding birthday party decor supply, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Can you imagine if I had a "my favorite things party?"  There would be a hoard of stuff!  I'd have a very difficult time keeping to just 10 of my favorite things!

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own vintage stash of mermaids and other figurines hoarded away in 2 shoe boxes and have been trying to collect all the colors possible.  I allowed myself two shoe boxes of them and the rest I listed on Etsy and now they are one of our most popular items.

What I Learned:

1.  I don't know why, but the all green mermaids sell out fast!  We now have 9 different mermaid colors, sometimes 10.  We never know what colors our suppliers are going to ship and these sell out so fast, it doesn't seem to matter!

NEW 8 different color Little Mermaid cocktail drink cake toppers Peter Pan Father's day Grad birthday wedding champagne glass decorations, available here
Technically it's 9-10 different colors, the colors may include a true red, true green, true orange, yellow, candy red, neon green, aqua blue, dark blue, neon orange and sometimes we have a neon pinkish orange.  Photo via HoarderRehab

2.  Maybe I should have a "my favorite things" party and use all my favorite hoard!  I can call it, "my favorite things hoard party!"  well, maybe not, people might not come, if I call it that!  but maybe my home would get dehoarded more quickly!

3.  Today between all the 4 Etsy shops, we have sold 3979 items!  I think I can safely say that at least half of that is my "actual" hoard and the other half is what I call rehoard, which is basically all the popular stuff from my original hoard that keeps on selling!  I used to keep track of it all, but stopped at 500.

4.  These mini mermaids are very versatile and can be used in many ways.  Originally used to top off your cocktails drinks from the 1950's and very popular until the late 60s.  I remember my parents coming home with them from date night and also getting one with a cherry with my Shirley Temples.

Etsy buyers are so creative, they've used them as plant jewelry, kid's craft terrariums and mermaid grottoes, small light table toys, jar aquarium party favors, and more.  They can be used for all kinds of theme parties, like Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Harry Potter 2nd Challenge, beach weddings, Mermaid and Pirate.

Some Etsy buyers buy both mermaids and monkeys for mermaid and pirate parties!

50 or 100+ pirate monkey cup cake cocktail drink topper decoration carnival circus Curious George safari zoo Father's day Graduation fun Frida Kahlo wedding birthday party animals, available here
If you need them in smaller amounts, we have them listed that way too, here
Photo via HoarderRehab

Thank you fun Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore!  Thank you for your request for all green mermaids and sharing the "before" and "after" results.  I learned a lot and gained several ideas from you and your update photo.

Will I have a "my favorite thing hoard party?"

Everyday is an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!  I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

My collection is like the one above, but they are all vintage.  I've have since stopped collecting them, although I don't have all the figurines and different colors!
Here is a party pack of these in 20 count of every type of drink or cake toppers in stock, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

It's summer and things are slowing down, so I've been new listing again until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! I had reached my goal this morning at all 4 shops, but thankfully something sold!

Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

I also hope to get back to blogging every 5 days, at least.  I've had to slow down due to a nagging head cold and when I'm fully well, I'm going to start on a brand new exercise program!  My health has improved so much that I think I can go beyond yoga and daily strolls now!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 181 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like one shop needs a refill!  I've listed new today and hopefully tomorrow too!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Here is an example of how I used the mermaids in my mixed media art.  This piece has sold, but I welcome custom orders with open arms!
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What would you select for your own "my favorite things" party?

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment