Monday, December 18, 2017

Mini Treasure Chest & Sweet Tooth Holder Container Ideas for Home and School: The Destiny of Things, Stories 491-493

Mini Treasure Chest & Sweet Tooth Holder Container Ideas for Home and School:  The Destiny of Things, Stories 491-493

Three story ideas about safe keeping tooth holders for your kid's tooth for home or school!

I've passed out hundreds, if not a thousand of these during my teaching years!  I kept 2 kinds of these in the classroom because I could never decide which one was the cutest and I let my students choose which type they wanted, so I wouldn't have to decide!

These are in bulk order of 24 or 30, in case a teacher needs them for the classroom or classroom mother wants to use them as cupcake toppers to pass out for a special school occasion, like oral hygiene week in April or Back to School preparedness, available here.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the first story from an Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab:

Very cute idea for my daughter to keep in her first grade class for all the missing teeth that happen during the year

How fun and kind, it sounds like this mom sent all the mini treasure chests to her daughter's first grade teacher for all the toothless grins this school year!  What a nice practical and fun surprise for teachers!

If you need a smaller amount of these for home and family use to keep handy in the medicine cabinet...  6 or 12 mini pirate mermaid treasure chests cake toppers tooth fairy locket charm box container carnival circus birthday party jewelry craft supply, available here

Here is the second story from The Destiny of Things, Etsy buyer!

I used these cute little treasure chests to give to my daughter each time she lost her tooth. They give them to the kids at her school in the nurses office when they lose one, she was always hoping she'd lose one at school but unfortunately didn't happen so I purchased these to make her feel special and for her to be able to get her own treasure box for her very special tooth. She loved it!! These all snapped well and did not open so it was excellent for safe keeping! We also received this faster than expected so I'm ready for that next tooth to fall out yay!! I was worried I wouldn't be. Thank you so much!!

Another fun and thoughtful mom!  What a way to make your daughter feel even more special by having them on hand, just in case!

Another fun idea for kids is they can turn it into a necklace and have it close by for when their tooth falls out.  One can put them on a small chained necklace by using the hinges to hang from it.

Below is an example:

Order a DIY loose tooth kit for your child to make with glow in the dark beads and more or use this for inspiration to make them yourself! available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I check each tooth holder before they go out for quality control, lol.  When yours arrives and you can here a little rattling, like there's a pirate's tooth or mermaids tooth inside one, it's not, but don't tell your kids that until they open it for themselves!  It's a star pony bead inside it to let you know I checked it to make sure it opens and closes properly for safe keeping. 

Tooth shaped tooth holder for when your sweet tooth falls out!
5 or 10 sweet tooth fairy charm holder container box locket molar necklace retro style fun school nurse teacher classroom birthday party, available here

Here is the third story from a JunkDrawerAndMore Etsy buyer:

I am the recess monitor at kids elementary school. After sticking a tooth in an envelope today, I realized we really need something better than an envelope!!! Lol. These are way more fun! Thanks!!

She's going to be the most love recess monitor ever!  And thank you all recess monitors from all over the world for helping out, so teachers can have recess too!  Her story brings back some teaching day memories, when teachers did recess duty too!  I taught in the inner city of Los Angeles and Long Beach, so as a teacher, I know that recess duty can be more stressful than teaching, especially when breaking up fights or seeing guns at recess and making sure all the students get back inside safely for a lock down!  

Saying Goodbye:  I don't know how much longer we will be selling these, I guess until I decide when to move on to something else, but right now I have no clue of what "the something else" might be, but I feel like I'm ready to move on!

DIY first loose tooth fairy locket gold tone only necklace in a gumball capsule or diamond box heart & gid (glow in the dark) beads kid's jewelry gift set craft supply kit or young at heart! available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  My mom saved all our baby teeth in a clear hinged box with gold twine inside a shadow box with our first shoe, some of our other first baby items and my little felt pink cat pet, that I took everywhere with me for years.  I loved it so much, my mom made me several of those cats, every time one wore out or I lost it.  My brother and I used to visit that shadowbox, when we were kids a lot and we still do!

2.  I don't miss teaching, but I do miss passing these tooth holders out, especially in April for the beginning of Oral Hygiene Month, every students got one of each to prepare for toothless grins!

3.  I have the holiday blues, which I'm struggling to turn into holiday inspiration and thankfulness.  I am doing so much better than when I first started blogging.  The blues come and go, instead of taking a heavy unyielding presence, so that's how I know I'm doing better than last year.  I've done some retail therapy to quiet the blues, but it didn't work this year, so that's a good lesson learned and I'm trying other alternatives, like extra sleep in nap form because my holiday blues include getting tired easily, especially over stressful conditions.

I think the reason retail therapy didn't help this year is because this year I'm a more conscious buyer, so I was in conflict about buying anything when I have the holiday blues.  The big questions for myself is am I buying this because I really like it or because it's going to help relieve my stress and add to my hoard?  Do I really need it, even though I know I'll use it?

Oh and the next day, after I bought the retail therapy items, I had such a better idea to donate to causes that are close to my heart, so I'm doing that this week.  

These are perfect party favors or cupcake toppers for all kinds of themed parties or weddings, like sweet tooth dessert, dental graduate, under the sea, pirate, mermaid, king, queen, princess, and prince parties, anything theme that includes a treasure chest!  These are in bulk order of 24 or 30, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyers from Moms to recess monitor from our shops, Hoarder Rehab, The DestinyofThings and JunkDrawerAndMore.  Your stories are inspirational and brought back such memories for me!  You are all very kind and thoughtful and it's so nice to hear others making life more fun for children.  Kudos to you three!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

I've been spending less time in my junk room and need to get back to a regular schedule so that it can transform into a music room for my husband and an art room for me.  Also the truck is getting worked on in teeny tiny baby steps each weekend.  I've been sorting out a box a week out of the truck!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways

The mini treasure chests and tooth necklaces fit inside these plastic capsules for table confetti, pinata filler, cupcake toppers, surprise balls and cracker snap bom bom fillers too!  Also to hold New Year's Eve midnight confetti for guest to throw at the party!  
SALE 10 or 20 or 30 empty gumball prize toy capsules carnival circus table confetti pinata filler vintage retro style Candy Land Sweet Shoppe fiesta birthday party wedding exit container craft supply, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I am new listing weekly on all the shops, until I reach my goal of 180 items listed on each shop.  I am happy and thankful to say every time I reach my goal at 1-2 shops, something finds a new life and home!  

We had a great Christmas crowd this year!  Thank you all customers!  Christmas sales are basically over at our shops, unless one is domestic and orders 2-3 day USPS Priority shipping.  Tomorrow, Tuesday, December 19, 2017 is the last day day for Christmas gifts with USPS priority shipping.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 179 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 173 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Yipee!  I've met my goal at one shop!  And oh so close, with Hoarder Rehab!  Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  Thanks for looking!

If you need plastic capsules in bulk for New Year's confetti or for wedding exit confetti, here they are in bulk.  SALE 50 or 100 EMPTY gumball vending machine capsules wedding confetti exit box cake topper candy container, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:



3.  Wearing one all the time waiting for a tooth to fall out:  Tooth Saver Locket Necklaces:  The Destiny of Things, Story 253 







"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you!"

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment